What's new

Saudi Arabian Air, Land, Naval Forces & SANG

Saudi Arabian National Guard on a live-ammunition drill last month.

News about enlarging the Peninsula Shield force with 100.000 men to beef up the GCC military force.

Last edited:
@al-Hasani : Bro , why you use the AK in the KSA army ? there is an explication or not , to diversify the suppliers , climate of Sahara ...

@al-Hasani : Bro , why you use the AK in the KSA army ? there is an explication or not , to diversify the suppliers , climate of Sahara ...

7abibi that's a AKM. Other assault rifles used by the Saudi Arabian armed forces and SANG (Saudi Arabian National Guard) are the M4 carbine, Heckler & Koch G36, Heckler & Koch G3, Steyr AUG, Heckler & Koch HK33 (HK33E variant), M16 etc. That's what I can remember without googling.

There is no Sahara in KSA.:o:

There is no Sahara in KSA ? really ? :eek: I mean areas in KSA with sand and hot climate , for me it is Sahara Lol
Thank you for the explanations :happy:

There is no Sahara in KSA ? really ? :eek: I mean areas in KSA with sand and hot climate , for me it is Sahara Lol
Thank you for the explanations :happy:

LOL You meant it that way. Aha. Yes, there are of course the beautiful An-Nafud, ad-Dahna and Rub' al-Khali deserts. But I don't think that has any influence on the assault rifles used. I mean no matter the area of KSA (mountains, steppe, desert, coast, lowland, fertile lands etc.) the same assault rifles are used.

You are very welcome.;)

No because for example the case of the AK family and russian made weapon (AKM ... ) are not too complicated to maintain and it is rustic arms , so it is adapted to the climate as the Saharan climate with sand, heat ... for example for us in Morocco , the russian made weapons are distributed to the troops in the South (Sahara) . However , maybe it has no connection ...
But what is the standard infantry gun arm in Saoudian army ?

Thank you akhi , you too in Morocco ;)

But what is the standard infantry gun arm in Saoudian army ?

aL-Hasani missed one: AK-103 :lol:

At this point in time, I have no idea what the standard infantry weapon is in Saudi Arabia. In the olden days (Gulf War etc.) It was clearly the venerable H&K G3. But now we have at least half a dozen!

At one point, the new standard issue rifle was gonna be the AuG Steyr but I heard that plan was shelved and it was gonna be the H&K G36C but now I see AK-103s pop up out of nowhere.

I do know that lots of different branches use different weapons....Army, SANG, border guards, Interior Ministry forces...etc.

11871354713_a5f3ea9f94_o.jpg

Factory paint not a camouflage. The jet is still under flaying test, It has not been received yet. Later will be military camouflaged and delivered. Go back few pages to see the ones RSAF currently operates.
I see. I thought that the cammo for fly pass during eid festival.....:woot::lol:

This is not camo.
Yeah.....I was wrong bro @Aeronaut .

I don't want to clog up the main forums so I guess I'll ask this question here:

Does anyone know where the Saudi military archive is? Do they allow civilians to look at declassified documents?

I want to find some historical documents for something I'm researching.

Back
Top Bottom