What's new

Saudi Arabia wants to buy German submarines

I didn't it in that way. Throughout the 70s and 80s S.A. had a lot of money. They could have started to modernize the military back then instead of now
Right now Israelis are committing genocide against Palestinians but not one Mideast country can do much to help the Palestinians.
It was complecated in those days,i think there was alot of pressure from the West and they only sold old crap to the ME(except to Israel).
Now that there are more suppliers with equal quality,they(the west) have to sell.
Times have changed,countries are becoming independent and aware of their options/possibilities.

Last edited:
Most of Iranian submarines are little midget Submarines that can only operate in Persian Gulf waters.

tumblr_m1dev5PnKo1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I always found KSA armed forces impressive. At least for equiment i have no idea about troops training level so i cant make any comment about efficieny. Well if they want buy 25 subs it is good for them they must do it decades ago. Country almost like an island and they have almost 0 navy. Country fully depended on oil. And they need to secure their oil line. In a few years US will become world top oil exporter. It means they may move some of their forces.

Ofcource these are My personal thoughts but it seems me like they are doing most logical invest.

According to German newspapers KSA wants to buy 25 German submarines. In the short-term KSA wants to buy 5 German submarines of the 209-class for $2.5bn euros, while in the long-term KSA wants to buy 20 more German subs for the final order of $12bn Euros.

German source:

http://www.finanznachrichten.de/nac...boote-fuer-2-5-milliarden-euro-kaufen-003.htm
If they are going for that than they are doing good thing but they need to focus on training and also training engineers to keep checking submarines and later also able to produce and design them in Saudi Arabia but they are going in right direction they should also increase number of War Ships and Air Force jets with best training 
They should buy U-214s. However i'm not sure if they can field enough staff for 25 subs nor if they really need so many subs or not.
They will not get them at one time Sir they will get slowly and slowly increase their navy size and yes they should do it they are the base center for Islam sir any attack on it will create chaos in Muslim world to avoid they need to have one of the most powerful militaries in the world
@Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @al-Hasani

This is why white man is so smart, they dont have much oil but they get all of it and their money back too and their cost for all this just providing lavish life style to some 20 million people

Germany's ThyssenKrupp denies report on submarine sales to Saudi Arabia

BERLIN | Sun Nov 3, 2013 2:44pm GMT

(Reuters) - Germany's ThyssenKrupp denied a media report saying the industrial conglomerate is about to sign a $3.4 billion contract to sell submarines to Saudi Arabia.

Weekly newspaper Bild am Sonntag reported on Sunday that Saudi Arabia would purchase five so-called Class 209 submarines for about 2.5 billion euros ($3.37 billion), citing unnamed German government sources.

A spokeswoman for ThyssenKrupp said the company was not in talks on such a sale.

"There are absolutely no projects on submarines for Saudi Arabia and therefore no talks," she told Reuters. "The article lacks any foundation."

Bild am Sonntag said that Saudi Arabia plans to spend 12 billion euros to acquire as many as 25 submarines over the longer term, to be assembled by ThyssenKrupp's Marine Systems division at shipyards in northern Germany.

Arms exports are a sensitive issue in Germany because of its Nazi past and the role arms makers such as Krupp played in stoking 19th and 20th century wars with exports to both sides.

Successive governments of former West Germany and the subsequently reunified Germany placed tight restrictions on arms exports, particularly to regions ridden by conflict or with poor human rights records.

($1 = 0.7414 euros)

(Reporting by Andreas Cremer; Editing by Susan Fenton)
Reuters

:closed:

Last edited:
According to German newspapers KSA wants to buy 25 German submarines. In the short-term KSA wants to buy 5 German submarines of the 209-class for $2.5bn euros, while in the long-term KSA wants to buy 20 more German subs for the final order of $12bn Euros.

German source:

http://www.finanznachrichten.de/nac...boote-fuer-2-5-milliarden-euro-kaufen-003.htm

Better for them to do JV with Germans and welcome Pakistan, UAE, Oman and Jordan to join in the project of making:
700 Tons
1500 Tons
3000 Tons
SSKs....
And make 16 of each type for them.

This is why white man is so smart, they dont have much oil but they get all of it and their money back too and their cost for all this just providing lavish life style to some 20 million people

I honestly don't understand what is wrong with you and the whiteman. Every time you post something you keep mentioning them for no obvious reason. Anyway, if you happen to think you are less human than them then be it. Oh and by the way, I happen to be white! LoL...
@T-123456
No German subs without Turkey's green light homie!

Last edited:
It was complecated in those days,i think there was alot of pressure from the West and they only sold old crap to the ME(except to Israel).

True, but I honestly can't agree on the term " old crap ". Most of these equipments were below what was needed, but many countries managed to get equipments slightly above the average such as the UAE, Egypt, and Turkey.

We rejected many proposals due to this reason, and never bought a thing we didn't want. When the US refused to sell us the B-60 F-16s, offering instead block 40, we signed a second batch contract for 48 Tornados. :agree:

Now that there are more suppliers with equal quality,they(the west) have to sell.
Times have changed,countries are becoming independent and aware of their options/possibilities.

True, but I honestly can't agree on the term " old crap ". Most of these equipments were below what was needed, but many countries managed to get equipments slightly above the average such as the UAE, Egypt, and Turkey.

We rejected many proposals due to this reason, and never bought a thing we didn't want. When the US refused to sell us the B-60 F-16s, offering instead block 40, we signed a second batch contract for 48 Tornados. :agree:
Yes above average for the neighborhood,because all were equiped poorly.
In the future there will be no more need for US weapon systems unless they want to sell the best.
The way things are going,the biggest loser on the weapons market will be the US.
A big blow coming for the US.

Yes above average for the neighborhood,because all were equiped poorly.
In the future there will be no more need for US weapon systems unless they want to sell the best.
The way things are going,the biggest loser on the weapons market will be the US.
A big blow coming for the US.
Muslim countries and those who have good education should jointly form Defense production centers and get weapons from the world with TOT and after gaining experience design new things and weapons and produce them on their own

Muslim countries and those who have good education should jointly form Defense production centers and get weapons from the world with TOT and after gaining experience design new things and weapons and produce them on their own
That is the ultimate goal.

And which Saudi crew will operate it ? EX pakistani Navy service man ?
The Saudi submarine crew could be trained by many countries,Germany,France,The Netherlands,UK,Pakistan,Turkey etc...
So many options,i dont see a problem there.
You think they dont have navy men in KSA?:what:

Back
Top Bottom