What's new

Saudi Arabia wants to buy 600-800 Leopard tanks from Germany

Can you take off ur foolish hindu islamophobic hat and talk like a real sensible human? and no Pakistan never bought tanks after the induction of Al Khalid off which more than 600 are in PAK ARMY service... 33 something being exported to bangladesh (inferior mbt variants),... and another low cost variant in good numbers with peruvian armed forces.... and the composite tech developed by GIDS(Pak) even exported to Turkiye.

How about your arjun? only 125 on order and already ceasing its production and going for another variant? odd?

"Peru leased five VT-1A from China for trials in 2009. The Peruvian government has expressed interest in purchasing 80–120 units to complement the fleet of Soviet T-55 tanks in service with the Peruvian Army.However, a comparative study performed by the Peruvian Army Technical Group determined that the Russian T-90S was better suited for areas of their country."

Lol

"Peru leased five VT-1A from China for trials in 2009. The Peruvian government has expressed interest in purchasing 80–120 units to complement the fleet of Soviet T-55 tanks in service with the Peruvian Army.However, a comparative study performed by the Peruvian Army Technical Group determined that the Russian T-90S was better suited for areas of their country."

Lol

The VT-1A were not procured by the Peruvians, however the Moroccans did acquire a few. Secondly, VT-1A is a 100% Chinese export variant of the MBT-2000.

Al-Khalid is Pakistani with exception of engine (Ukrainian) and thermal imaging (French), completely different from VT-1A.

U761w.jpg

127686-al-khalid-tank-type-90-iim-mbt-2000-information-pool.html

Lol

I see and this is supposed to prove what ? I do suggest that you go through the Al-Khalid Information Pool; most of your questions would be answered there including what do the Al-Khalid, the MBT-2000 and the VTs have in common and how are they very different from each other ?

Saudi brothers , i see you have great Air force and Land force , but Navy needs improvement some new options that we also will get

1.jpg
LHD

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

RMK marine new turkish navy projects and products

KORVET PROJES

Also Milgem project

milgem-picture-02.jpg

milgem-picture-03.jpg

TCG_Heybeliada.jpg

THE TOP IS MADE BY RMK MARINE TURKISH COMPANY OWNED BY KOC HOLDING

8 frigates 2 destroyers and a number of submarines are being negotiated as we speak.

Today's wars are fought on the sky. The fight on the ground is just secondary in importance. Saddam thought that land first and air second... We all know what happened next.

We are modernizing our Entire armed forces from top to bottom as well as doubling our army from 250,000 soldiers to 500,000 soldiers plus reserves. As I said from 2006 to 2020 at least expect a huge shopping spree and from 2015 onwards an even bigger defense industry oriented arms policy.

We are literally restarting from scratch in regards to our army. That is why I keep saying don't talk to me at all about pre-2006 Saudi armed forces instead talk of post-2006 Saudi armed forces with the new doctrine policy and everything. Compare our army of the 1990s to our 2009 Khobah insurgency and you will see what I am talking about.

During Iraq war 1 the american tanks were used for "Clean up". After the Air Force destroyed 80% of the tanks on the ground the American tanks moved in to hold ground and advance. There were few instances of battalion vs battalion battles but those fights got air support the moment of engagement.

You have a point, i keep forgetting that its not WW2 anymore, but i still do believe that my scenario is possible in an all out prolonged war. Lets not forget that neither Saudi nor Iran are that far from each other, unlike USA.

How many of them were T-84s and how many were T-80UDs ?

Initial batch was the basic t-80U...russos stoped the ukrainians frm selling t-80Us to us...but ukrainians honored the contract n we got the T-80UDs based on the development of the T-84... and later our old T-80s were upgraded to the T-84 standards aswell.

Malaysia did evaluate it, so did saudi, but no order followed lol....saudi instead went for the best, leaving the rest...

You have a point, i keep forgetting that its not WW2 anymore, but i still do believe that my scenario is possible in an all out prolonged war. Lets not forget that neither Saudi nor Iran are that far from each other, unlike USA.

Yeah but considering there is a large piece of water between us makes Land battles a bit difficult. So over than piece of water only Air and Navy matter. However Iran is not an immediate security threat since the only threat they pose is through their proxies most notably the Houthi Group from Yemen and Mahdi Army in Iraq.

nice , what countries and what class

Frigates the following are contenders:
1- France FREMM class frigates (We already have experience operating french frigates and they proved to be satisfactory for our navy).
2- American LCS and ICS frigates.

Destroyers the following are contenders:
1- American Alburke class Detroyers.
2- British Type 45 destroyers.

Submarines the following are contenders:
1- Swedish A26 class submarines.
2- French Scorpion class submarines.

Yeah but considering there is a large piece of water between us makes Land battles a bit difficult. So over than piece of water only Air and Navy matter. However Iran is not an immediate security threat since the only threat they pose is through their proxies most notably the Houthi Group from Yemen and Mahdi Army in Iraq.

Ok, i see what you are saying. I was under the impression you were talking in context to a war with Iran where armies of both nations would come into contact which is why i came up with that hypothetical scenario involving armor clashes.

Id love it if PAK NAVY gets these ladies.... or at first priority kickstart our warship industry nothing solid came out after the Larkana,Jalalat etc missile boats....or the ToTed Agosta-90bs,500 TON FACS or F-22P stealthy frigs... i just hope those guys good luck with our indigenous nuclear submarine!

1- France FREMM class frigates (We already have experience operating french frigates and they proved to be satisfactory for our navy).

Any updated news regarding the navy contract with the US?

I dont really know too much but i know LCS is new design and new technology introduced only few years ago i think

We are getting totally indigenous new ships , Milgem project , Tf-2000 classified as frigate/destroyer , LHD we will get very strong navy , we see some countries classify 1,500 ton ships as destroyers while we class 3,500 ton ships as frigate

Any updated news regarding the navy contract with the US?

No nothing as of yet. In fact just when the American ship builders were saying "We are only awaiting the signing of the contract from the Saudi side" we started negotiations with France for the FREMM. So we will see how things turn out.

I am really excited about the destroyers. That would mean that KSA will be the only Navy in the region operating destroyers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom