What's new

Saudi Arabia records world's highest scientific growth

These Saudis don't even have that low pathetic base of scientific research, all they have is luxury and the tremendous absence of ethical principles among the ruling princes and princesses.

Man you certainly have some issues to resolve. There is NO ONE in the middle east, spending more moolah on education, than Saudi at the moment!

I also had issues with their historical political doctrine, however, wherever and whatever I read, points me in the direction that the new king has / is taking PROACTIVE counter-measures against the old school of thought.

There is tremendous goodwill for the Saudis for changing their focus to research. I know this first hand, as I have seen the acquisition documents for research equipment (tenders etc) from a colleague in Kuwait (related by blood to a senior Saudi ....) Some items in the list BLEW MY BRAINS OUT.

These Saudis don't even have that low pathetic base of scientific research, all they have is luxury and the tremendous absence of ethical principles among the ruling princes and princesses.

If you come from an abysmal low pathetic base, any growth would produce a large percentage growth

Don't tell that it is you in the picture? :D

By the way when i first saw the picture i said what is the UAE Minister of Education doing in KSA?

Does Mohamed Suwaiyel resemble Humaid Muhammad Al Qatami or maybe it is just me

Yeah, our indian friends can then become true disciples of the Saudi brand of 'Islam' and create job opportunities for mother india. I'm sure the despotic friends of democratic india will love this.

I believe those researches are done mostly by the hired american and british scientists in SA. Some scientific progress!:lol:

Are these all Saudis who are conducting this Scientific Research or foreigners?

Cut down on terror funding and divert your petro dollar to research.

Okay they have done research now report their findings any discoveries or new information attained from this research?

Doctors warn against too much jelly and say that it has negative effects on our mental and physical health. :D

24368809.jpg

Deno, hic gerek yoktu!

Common! You know that it is the truth. They can just congradulate rather than posting their ''orginal'' lines such as, ''maybe if they stop funding terrorism that would be better'', ''I am sure those are foreigners'' and bla bla bla.

You have to accept that this just comes from the pain at one of their ''organs''

Common! You know that it is the truth. They can just congradulate rather than posting their ''orginal'' lines such as, ''maybe if they stop funding terrorism that would be better'', ''I am sure those are foreigners'' and bla bla bla.

You have to accept that this just comes from the pain at one of their ''organs''

Look, you can't blame *some* of them entirely. Saudia had a dark past, where such things did happen. But they need to learn that things have changed and are changing rapidly for the better. But ridiculing them won't make them learn, it will just inflame them even further. We're a very sentimental nation, instead of being logical we rely more on our hearts. Follow Mosmania's guideline, try to educate them, or just delete the offending posts.

Additionally, specially you should not engage any of the Pakistanis, at least in a negative light, we love Turkey unconditionally, it is a part of our DNA. I would hate that even ONE Pakistani EVER changes his or her opinion about our second home!

Therefore: You're a moderator, aren't you? Delete offending and stupid posts with extreme prejudice :mod:

1. What is the original source for these figures? Please provide. I couldn't find it in the link provided. And by original source, I mean the international and independent organization that did these calculations.

2. What is the percentage of the research being done independently by locals (nationals)? Those of us who live in this region and have experience of Saudi Arabia are well aware of the quantity of money the Saudi regime pays to foreign researchers to have them conduct research and then publish it in the name of a Saudi academic institute, or have a Saudi "partner" who usually does very little to nothing.

Once these two questions are answered, we can judge how Saudi Arabia is doing in this particular field.

are well aware of the quantity of money the Saudi regime pays to foreign researchers to have them conduct research and then publish it in the name of a Saudi academic institute

Your point being? With your logic, all publications and research done in the US, by Indian / Chinese / Korean / Pakistani students should be discounted from the cumulative of the US, and credited back to their mother-lands? Sadly it doesn't work that way!

Grow up. Money is an essential component of research, so are the highly trained minds (who don't come free)

Your point being? With your logic, all publications and research done in the US, by Indian / Chinese / Korean / Pakistani students should be discounted from the cumulative of the US, and credited back to their mother-lands? Sadly it doesn't work that way!

Grow up. Money is an essential component of research, so are the highly trained minds (who don't come free)

Your reply is ludicrous for the following reasons:

1) Saudi Arabian institutions are paying tens of thousands of dollars for people to sit in their home countries and publish the articles in the name of their institutions - sometimes even without visiting Saudi Arabia. This does NOT happen in the U.S., or Iran, Turkey or China which are points of reference in the OP. We are not talking about genuine collaborative science or students migration as you seem to be implying. Please refer to SCIENCE MAGAZINE, December 2011 (Saudi Universities Offer Cash in Exchange for Academic Prestige | Science Comments). PDF available here: http://www.nasr-dz.org/Saudi-univ.pdf.

2) The OP sounds like the increase in research is a product of the domestic Saudi Arabian educational system and its investments in raising a new generation of productive scientists. However, that remains to be seen once we have the actual statistics. If it's a matter of substantial "import" of science then this isn't much to laud.

3) Comparing Saudi Arabia to the other countries mentioned would in this case then be like comparing apple or oranges. Iran, Turkey, China, etc are producers of science due to their educational systems and not because of importing the "fruits" of other countries.

@ Hyperion : Wheres the real Hyperion...you imposter ? I'm loving this change, wrror ! :kiss3:

On topic : One word - Mashallah ! Keep it up...! :enjoy:

@ Hyperion : Wheres the real Hyperion...you imposter ? I'm loving this change, wrror ! :kiss3:

On topic : One word - Mashallah ! Keep it up...! :enjoy:

I am having a field day @ the Afghan thread :D

Story telling, and what not :mamba:

By the way, I still don't appreciate the back-stabbing Gulfees, and neither is Saudia absolved of it's past. Well, if they're trying to reinvent themselves for the better, they have my vote!

Let bygones be bygones...

Long live the king. The old king is dead!

Yaar koi mujhe bhi set kara do...mere published papers main Sheikhs ka naam daal dunga...bus kuch $$$ yahan bhej do....:D

Back
Top Bottom