What's new

Saudi Arabia Persuades Pakistan to Abandon Iran-Pakistan Pipeline

LOL man you funded their nuke program so they give you a nuke when you want one since you cannot build one yourself.
yes I do make alot of sense.

anyway its best to leave this thread before treaty gets broken.

the pipeline will be finished, you and your american allies can cry all you want.

I feel we should deal it diplomatically as we have strategic alliance with Saudi's and this pipeline project is required to meet our energy needs but as I heard in news few weeks back that the price of gas which will be imported from iran is around 3 times higher/unit than what it costs us from our fields ..Is that price hike is to manage the pipeline expenses or there are some other factors that also plays a role in it should be open to public..we shouldn't forget Iran's role in supporting indian presence in Afghanistan..In any case building this pipeline is more beneficial than going after temporary solution but yes if saudi's can manage huge expenses to advance Pakistan's ability to produce energy by nuclear means then its different but still I would prefer both to be done as energy needs are gonna be ever increasing if india can have good relations with both saudia and iran why cant we..It can only be dealt with wise and timely dilpomacy..

We should have good relations with the two. Iran is also an important country so shall Iran should respect Saudi Arabia due to holy places..

Mate we have no problems with Shias. I am a Sunni and the Pakistani leader that I adore most, the founder of Pakistan Quaid-e-Azam was a Shia. Yes we have some idiots on all sides but on the whole we are fine. We can and will act in our best interest and will not abandon the pipe line imo no matter what Sauds say on behalf of Americans

You will see that in the case of releasing Davies to the Americans Pak listened to Sauds but when it came to reopening transit routes to Afghanistan Pakistan has not relented no matter what representations we have received from Arabs. we are a proud and Independent country

No need to justify anything to anyone, I am a Shia, & I cannot express my love & pride for Pakistan in mere words. We Shias are proud Pakistanis, & will always stick up for Pakistan, because despite all the difficulties faced by us (& everyone else in this country), this country has given us so much.

Sorry. Mates!
But the respected thread, is becoming a shia vs arab thread, & thats not good!
Let's just think in a different direction!

What posibilities KSA is offerening pakistan?
What posibilties IRAN is offerening pakistan?
Does KSA have the political,defence,energy,scientific , power to stand with pakistan, if Usa attacks pakistan?
I have jst one answer, just don't guss it, just. Say it & its, NOOOOOOOOO!
Its loud & clear, right?

Well if Saudis can offer the gas at the same price then why not. Why should we economically help a state which has been expanding co-operation with our foe's since 1979 and undermining our national security by assisting the foe. Instead trading with Saudis will help offset a large trade deficit and will actually be good for the economy.

Well if Saudis can offer the gas at the same price then why not. Why should we economically help a state which has been expanding co-operation with our foe's since 1979 and undermining our national security by assisting the foe. Instead trading with Saudis will help offset a large trade deficit and will actually be good for the economy.

Because you do not have the reserves like Iran.

. One huge loss however that i must point out is India. It WAS in the deal but now today because of U.S pressure, they will look to change their heads.

Oh please stop your propaganda.

We left IPI for different reasons other than you like to believe.

• Iran was not ready to guarantee oil delivery at our border
  • At that time Iranian oil per mmbtu was costlier than market rates
  • The pipeline was supposed to pass through Pakistan and will be dependent on our relations which is very volatile and we dont want our energy security in hostile hands.
  • The pipeline least of all passes through Balochistan where the favorite pass time of militants is blowing them up.
  • Not counting the Baloch militants there are the non-state actors willing to punish kuffar India.
  • The US offered a much more potent deal to us - the nuclear deal and we just could not refuse it.

Because you do not have the reserves like Iran.

If Iran has friendly government, i am sure neither Pakistanis nor Saudis will mind.
After all Saudis are much more important ally to us.

BTW we can also get gas from Oman and Turkmenistan. During the Taliban rule in Afghanistan, Pakistan priority was TAPI and this was the sole reason behind PAK US joint backing of Taliban. Heck Taliban even made a tour of USA to model future of Afghanistan.

If Iran has friendly government, i am sure neither Pakistanis nor Saudis will mind.
After all Saudis are much more important ally to us.

Iran and pakistan must have friendly relation. we are neighbour and have cultural links.
if saudi arabia does not like it then I suppose they can cry to the usa?

if saudis can offer us cheaper gas/oil with donations to make the pipeline(which we dont have) which will surely be under sea, then i say lets get saudis into this unstead ofiranians

its all business,nothing emotional about this :P

Ask Turkey how Iran overprices Gas for them to offset fall in Oil sales:
ENERGY - Turkey, Iran set for gas price arbitration case
Turkish-Iranian gas conundrum: high time for statesmanship

But After all you guys are free to decide you can instead buy the more expensive Iranian Gas which will damage your country more or relatively free one...

Sure I understand to some of you Iran means a lot more to you than Pakistan itself but all I am asking is for you to think it through.

exactly, its just a business, if saudis are willing to offer a better durable deal than we should opt for that

as far as iran and saudi emotional relation goes, we pakistanis should stay neutral, we have as much wahabis as much we have shia extremists, so we should stand neutral unless the shia pakistani leaders dont use their brains and its more likely

I did not say Pakistanis hate shia, I never came across a single pakistanis here in the UK who ever said anything bad about shia or Iran. matter of fact they support Iran as much as we do!
I am talking about those trouble causers who pay terrorists to cause chaos in your nation.

the saudi+usa+israel+India all want a weak pakistan.
I see pakistan as a brother nation. but who do you think is behind all the shia being killed?

you guys need to stop indians using chahbahr, than we will see if the anti pakistan alliance doesnt include iran

Back
Top Bottom