What's new

Saudi Arabia, Middle East allies to participate in PAF counterterror exercise

Doesn't have to be limited to those who take the same prayer breaks as others. There's Thailand, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, RAF, RN (preference for own reasons), Malaysia....
It certainly doesn't have anything to do with prayers, which is why I mentioned NATO countries too in my post.

But I also mentioned 'Viper Meet', which covers the first 3 you mentioned - but puts Australia, RAF, RN and Malaysia out.

Yeah, you could host them as well - but the theme would be something else... - still an exercise.

Just something consistent.

In my view there are two sides to it...

Yes, these particular meets like Red Flag and Anatolian Eagle are for us to learn from.

But this could be about learning and possibly more about geopolitics through Military. India is spreading its tentacles in the Middle East where we've dominated for decades. I'm not sure if it was last year or year before when IAF had an Exercise in Oman. And not they're in the UAE.

Some Members have spoken highly of the UAEAF. Now that may be the advantage of having the most modern F-16 (to date), but some of Countries i've listed have been flying them for decades too (including Egypt and Jordan).

Its certainly something to look into. If anything, our good neighbors should/would feel the pinch just like they get every year during Shaheen Exercise.

I agree with what you are saying, and you are right, it can act as a form of diplomacy here, but priority should be to keep PAF razor sharp and cutting edge, to train with the best in the world.

A more important way of Pakistan influencing these countries via the military (and earning money and good will) is the massive level of training Pakistan gives them both in their countries and in Pakistan. Something they prefer us over India.

Last year alone we graduated

60 Saudi, 8 Qatari, 8 Bahraini and 8 Iraqi cadets from Pak Naval Acadamy
12 Saudi, 5 Qatari, 8 Iraqi cadets from PAF Acadamy
38 Saudi, 20 Qatari, 12 Bahraini cadets from PMA

PAF War College, PN War College and PA Staff College each have officers from over 30 countries

Many of the above officers will go on to lead their respective services, in fact a few heads of Gulf forces right now have been trained in Pakistan

we will be glad to teach US thing or two about Air warfare.

This is a counterterrorism exercise, I would like to see F-16V and F-15EX in this.
More impressive then any fighter/ground attack aircraft would be if the US brought ISR assets.

Taking out known targets or visually/RF/IR detectable targets is one thing, but detecting the signals of an enemy force and corroborating the information through electronic means would be impressive. Also, using the AESA radars to fry enemy electronics would be impressive. Hence it would be best for the PAF, IMHO, if the US navy brought their growlers and the USAF brought an E-8.

F-35 would also be great, but I doubt they would bring that for this kind of exercise.

1616411923419.png

1616411410910.png

1616411489073.png

1616411852267.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom