What's new

Saudi Arabia, Middle East allies to participate in PAF counterterror exercise

Remember it’s an anti terrorism exercise. It’s more about “finding” the enemy on the ground and eliminating it, without collateral damage. So the surveillance part is more important than the strike part. It’s not about fancy 5th generation jets.

Such EXs should help PAF gain worthwhile experience for performing Ops against foreign sponsored terrorists operating in our backyard.
PAF will field F-16s and JF-17s
That means A2G missions from modern aircrafts for precise delivery of ordnance, not Mirages.
Never know they can surprise us by F35 or Raptors
If PAF is not going deploy F35 or F22 then its about learning their capabilities. At the end of the day, PAF will be flying JFT and Viper for own Ops.
Remember it’s an anti terrorism exercise. It’s more about “finding” the enemy on the ground and eliminating it, without collateral damage.
Ops from SSW should be anticipated then.

Last edited:
This is great news. Truly.

A couple of weeks back some were getting all excited about Su-30MKi's going for a an Exercise in the Middle East for the first time.

Someone outta ask Indian Media that you always portray Pakistan a country that the United States considers a Terrorist. They also claim that (certain) Middle Eastern countries are distancing themselves from Pakistan.

Well, I guess they'll have to revisit their material...all over again.

They commit an Internet Suicide anytime....

Those look like the ADV versions while the Multi-Role IDS are in strength.
I think Saudi should scrape all Tornado , they can't even escape from Archer 73 of 60's tech in Yemen. British are ripoff ... kept on upgrading ..

I think Saudi should scrape all Tornado , they can't even escape from Archer 73 of 60's tech in Yemen. British are ripoff ... kept on upgrading ..
All they need JF17 to strike but they have shown no interest in it

I've been meaning to start a topic on the matter that PAF needs to hold a Falcon Meet of their own. The US are welcomed to show up, if they like.

But if our Defense budget can hold Aman for the Navy, we can surly invite some Islamic States with their Vipers for a week or two, as well.

Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Morocco, Indonesia and Iraq are just some of the names I can think of.

If needed, we could also host NATO nations which would once again include Turkey.

Shaheen Exercise is great with China, but we really outta get into gear by hosting other nations regularly.

If someone is gonna say that we have in the past when Game of Thrones was in its 3rd season - then that is b.s.

I've been meaning to start a topic on the matter that PAF needs to hold a Falcon Meet of their own. The US are welcomed to show up, if they like.

But if our Defense budget can hold Aman for the Navy, we can surly invite some Islamic States with their Vipers for a week or two, as well.

Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Morocco, Indonesia and Iraq are just some of the names I can think of.

If needed, we could also host NATO nations which would once again include Turkey.

Shaheen Exercise is great with China, but we really outta get into gear by hosting other nations regularly.

If someone is gonna say that we have in the past when Game of Thrones was in its 3rd season - then that is b.s.

These meets are for us to learn, we can learn from the US and Turks. What can Egyptian, Indonesian, Omani etc Viper operators teach us?

These meets are for us to learn, we can learn from the US and Turks. What can Egyptian, Indonesian, Omani etc Viper operators teach us?
In my view there are two sides to it...

Yes, these particular meets like Red Flag and Anatolian Eagle are for us to learn from.

But this could be about learning and possibly more about geopolitics through Military. India is spreading its tentacles in the Middle East where we've dominated for decades. I'm not sure if it was last year or year before when IAF had an Exercise in Oman. And not they're in the UAE.

Some Members have spoken highly of the UAEAF. Now that may be the advantage of having the most modern F-16 (to date), but some of Countries i've listed have been flying them for decades too (including Egypt and Jordan).

Its certainly something to look into. If anything, our good neighbors should/would feel the pinch just like they get every year during Shaheen Exercise.

Doesn't have to be limited to those who take the same prayer breaks as others. There's Thailand, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, RAF, RN (preference for own reasons), Malaysia....Plenty of potential nations to not only teach and learn but enhance cooperation and build stronger working relations.

On a lighter note, Emiratis wouldn't mind bagging a few more MKIs. They enjoyed some with their Dash 9s a few years ago.
At best they'll send F-15 Strike Eagles or the usual Vipers.
Strike Eagles would be a great change.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom