What's new

Saudi Arabia: Iran ‘not eligible’ to attend Syria talks

If anyone but KSA had said it, I would at least consider thinking about what has been said, but the term 'not eligible' coming from Saudi Arabia, is something beyond hilarious, being itself the largest supplier of funds to various mercenaries and rebels fighting in Syria.

But jokes do exist in political world too, this is one of them, and it was a good one. Thank you really Saudi Arabia. :tup:

but the term 'not eligible' coming from Saudi Arabia, is something beyond hilarious, being itself the largest supplier of funds to various mercenaries and rebels fighting in Syria.

If it weren't the Saudis then it might have been NATO or the US or Israel. Practically, Iran seems to be having an issue with this nation or that for no reason.

Yes, it isn't eligible, mad?

UN Withdraws Iran Invitation to Syria Talks - ABC News

Iran is one of the major supporter of syria and an important party to comflict. How can you have a talk without Iran.

Once upon time we fired scud missiles at Riyadh and you couldn't do anything you begged mommy america to protect you from us we fired 39 scud on israel and we challenged you to fire the 40th missile at israel but now after 24 years you couldn't do it:lol:

Are you talking about the crappy missiles, the ones falling in the desert?

Well,

Once upon time we shot two jets of yours, and you couldn't do a thing about it

Let's see how much of a dignity you have to pay us back. You've been at each other's throat ever since.
:lol: :D :laugh: :rofl: :omghaha:

Iran is one of the major supporter of syria and an important party to comflict. How can you have a talk without Iran.
Saudi Arabian govt is the sister of Israel so they think they have the power to say and do what they want. They are also allies against Syrias Assad.

Saudi Arabian govt is the sister of Israel so they think they have the power to say and do what they want. They are also allies against Syrias Assad.

LoLz. The Israelis are the least to benefit from this conflict.

Well,

Let's see how much of a dignity you have to pay us back. You've been at each other's throat ever since.
Are sure those pilots were Saudi? Or we're the planes American made with hired Pakistani pilots. Saudis are not known to do their own fighting.

LoLz. The Israelis are the least to benefit from this conflict.
Israel considered Assad an enemy for his support of hizballah, Hamas and Iran.

Iran has never been considered in these talks, never was, and will never be. We have been heraning loud voices here and there whining and crying about them getting into this, but the talks will resume regardless of what place Iran is going to take in this picture.

Well,

We couldn't do anything?? thanks to USA patriot and naval fleet and Air Force we hit you with our missiles and you were just screaming and yelling for help we fired 39 missiles at israel I dare yo fire number 40

That's what your mother said, kiddo :lol:

Saudi Pilot Downs 2 Iraqi Jets Over the Gulf : Aerial combat: Incident marks the first such enemy incursion. Planes were carrying Exocet anti-ship missiles.

DHAHRAN, Saudi Arabia — A Saudi pilot shot down two Iraqi F-1 Mirage jets over the Persian Gulf just south of the Kuwait border, Saudi officials said Thursday.

The incident marked the first time Iraqi planes have crossed into Saudi territory since the beginning of the war in the gulf and apparently signaled Iraq's intention to attack targets in the gulf or along the coast of Saudi Arabia, the officials said.

The two Iraqi jets, loaded with French-made Exocet anti-ship missiles and possibly bombs as well, were flying south along the Saudi coastline about 200 feet above the water when a Saudi F-15C swung in behind them and fired two AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, downing both of them.

There were unconfirmed reports that a third Iraqi jet in the area turned back, possibly after firing or dumping an Exocet missile.

"I cannot tell you exactly which part of the gulf (they were headed for), but I am sure they were going to attack us, because their route was heading toward us," said the 30-year-old pilot who shot down the two aircraft, identified only as Capt. Ayedh. "You know, the whole coast is filled with oil fields, refineries, even the (air) base is located on the coast. But they were in my territory; that's what I care about."

An official from the Saudi F-15 squadron investigating the incident said it appeared that allied ships in the gulf were within range of the Iraqi jets' Exocets, the powerful, sea-skimming, anti-ship missiles that have a range of more than 40 miles.

But U.S. military officials in Riyadh said they could not confirm how close the Iraqi planes came to U.S. or other allied ships, and British officers who were tracking the jets on radar said no warships came within range of the missiles.

"He can be pretty far away and still be within range," said a U.S. Air Force spokesman. "It's a very formidable missile, as a lot of people found out in the gulf . . . and also in the Falklands . . . ."

It was believed to be an Iraqi-launched Exocet that struck the U.S. Navy guided missile frigate Stark in May, 1987, at the height of the Iran-Iraq War, killing 37 crew members. Iraq claimed the attack was accidental. The Stark had its radar system in a passive mode and was not ready with defensive systems designed to shoot down such missiles.

The British lost the frigate Sheffield in the 1982 Falklands conflict to an Exocet fired by Argentina.

On Thursday, officers aboard the British frigate London reported tracking three Iraqi Mirage fighters from southern Iraq to the gulf, according to combat pool reports from the ship.

Saudi officials said they did not know where the Iraqi flight originated. The Mirage F-1 has a range of about 400 miles and could easily have flown from an airfield near Basra in southern Iraq, military analysts said.

According to Capt. Ayedh and Saudi military commanders in Riyadh, Ayedh and three other Saudi F-15s were on a routine combat patrol shortly after noon Thursday when an airborne AWACS radar surveillance plane alerted them to targets approaching the Saudi border.

Ayedh said he was about 80 miles from the targets when he got the first call. The four F-15s turned east toward the coast and intercepted the Iraqi jets south of the Kuwaiti border within Saudi territorial waters, which extend out 12 miles.

Ayedh swung in about 3,000 feet behind the Iraqi planes and made a positive visual identification. The two Iraqi aircraft then broke to the sides, attempting to evade him. They appeared to dump some of their ordnance into the gulf, possibly to make their planes more maneuverable, he said.

"I am positive they knew I was there, some plane had intercepted them," Ayedh said. "They just started breaking in front of me, but it was too late."

Ayedh said he fired two Sidewinder missiles, first at one Mirage and then at the other, within about five seconds.

In a dramatic cockpit videotape of the mission, Ayedh is heard being directed to the location of the Iraqi jets by an air traffic controller aboard the AWACS plane.

"Roger, we presently have two bogies, 020, 90, southbound," the controller says, referring to the two Mirages. "Contact bogies. Should be two bogies, lead-trail."

Presently, Ayedh confirms he has sighted the two jets and a low growl is heard, indicating that he has engaged the seeker heads on his Sidewinder missiles. "Target bandit, bandit!" he declares, indicating he has locked onto one of the planes.

There is a long beep as the missile is fired, and then Ayedh shouts ecstatically: "First target destroyed! The first target destroyed!"

"Copy," the controller replies.

Seconds later, another beep is heard as the second Sidewinder missile is fired.

"Both targets destroyed!" Ayedh sings.

"820, say ID of bandit," the controller requests.

"Both targets destroyed! Both targets destroyed!" the pilot shouts impatiently.

"Copy, both splash," the controller radios back.

Saudi Pilot Downs 2 Iraqi Jets Over the Gulf : Aerial combat: Incident marks the first such enemy incursion. Planes were carrying Exocet anti-ship missiles. - Los Angeles Times

Are sure those pilots were Saudi? Or we're the planes American made with hired Pakistani pilots. Saudis are not known to do their own fighting.

Israel considered Assad an enemy for his support of hizballah, Hamas and Iran.

Assad gave up supporting Hamas in 2007 after the air strike launched by the Israelis.

Iran has never been considered in these talks, never was, and will never be. We have been heraning loud voices here and there whining and crying about them getting into this, but the talks will resume regardless of what place Iran is going to take in this picture.
its not whether its going to happen but how effective talks will be if you dont include major player in the conflict. Who will you talk to? Remeber they have the upper hand in syrian conflict.

If it weren't the Saudis then it might have been NATO or the US or Israel. Practically, Iran seems to be having an issue with this nation or that for no reason.

Yes, it isn't eligible, mad?

UN Withdraws Iran Invitation to Syria Talks - ABC News
As you said, they are only 'talks', it won't go beyond until one party is trying to force its policy on others.

Geneva II is useless, just like the first one.

Iran wasn't the one asking to join the conference, and it insisted that it will accept no preconditions for the talks, after that U.N invited Iran. So trying to call off the invitation has the least impact on Iran. We were never interested in this Geneva II thing, but Iran said it will join the talks if invited with no preconditions.

Anyways these talks will fail because Saudi Arabia and Israel will continue to support the al Qaeda linked terrorists.

@JUBA
WTF r u saying, u remind me of the Egyptian media who claims Obama a muslim brotherhood,
Al Qaeda was focusing on the west until now, it doesn't mean they were not against the rafida, if u claim ISIS r khawarij than how can u claim at the same time that they r Iranian intels ?
Al Khawarij r not like Sisi's thugs, they have a faith behind what they r doing n so they can't be mobilized by foreign secret services .
back to Al Qaeda wich is totaly different than ISIS, I can't defend it better than it's leader

u want me to accuse my eyes of lying when I c Nusra massacring hz n nusayria n iraqi rafida n believe some drunk saudi publisher motivated by orders from the Saudi interior ministry :lol:.

back to the subject

Islamic Front n Al Qaeda Nusra won't attend !! so it's all meaningless

We couldn't do anything?? thanks to USA patriot and naval fleet and Air Force we hit you with our missiles and you were just screaming and yelling for help we fired 39 missiles at israel I dare yo fire number 40

We couldn't do anything?? thanks to USA patriot and naval fleet and Air Force we hit you with our missiles and you were just screaming and yelling for help

The entire confrontation the allied forces had with Saddam's forces took place in Kuwait, Iraq as well, except this Mirage F1s incursion, and the battle of Khafji.

Here is what the US Marines commander said about Khafji:

I would encourage you not to bad mouth the US too. They were the ones who sat you free from Saddam's hellish nightmare. :lol:

Anyways these talks will fail because Saudi Arabia and Israel will continue to support the al Qaeda linked terrorists.

Let's see how your brothers are going to react to this.

Back
Top Bottom