313ghhc.jpg

Abha by Leen_AQ, on Flickr

Tabuk area منطقة تبوك by tabuk تبوك, on Flickr

| The Beach | by Abdullah Al-Gafes, on Flickr

Al Qassim by KhanSaqib, on Flickr

Jazan region South Saudi Arabia KSA by Life-Style, on Flickr

I sincerely love the outstanding beauty of our country!

Beautiful indeed. It's a bit off topic, but hows the party scene (if any) for a common Saudi joe in SA? We hardly get any news of your part of the world. No offence.

Beautiful indeed. It's a bit off topic, but hows the party scene (if any) for a common Saudi joe in SA? We hardly get any news of your part of the world. No offence.

I don't think that I understand your question. Maybe I do. Anyway alcohol is not consumed in the open (not allowed) but those who want it can get it behind their own walls. Other than that people have the same fun as anywhere else just in different ways and without alcohol. In Jeddah there are parties reminiscent of those in the West but they are held more under closed doors. If people really want "to go wild" with the alcohol they can go to almost every neighboring country (aside from Iraq and Yemen) to do exactly that. For example Dubai, Abu Dhabi. If you are a citizen in one of the GCC member states you can travel freely across the borders of GCC member states. Saudi Arabians do this very often and are one of the biggest visitor groups to the UAE for example if not the biggest.

Also alcohol is simply not part of our culture. In pre-Islamic times it was but not anymore. Likewise we are a society where most people are Muslims. This influences the culture. Of course we also have many people who do not belief in anything. Anyway those are all political discussions. I rather keep it to just photos.

A few of the over 1200 Saudi Arabian islands:

sv6zqv.jpg

35d4vgk.jpg

2w35clg.jpg

2gua1q8.jpg

280ocuv.jpg

فرسان by jazan2013, on Flickr

Some of the over 3000 km long coastline:

Farasan Is cruise by Arthur Anker, on Flickr

8x9blx.jpg

2h37m9j.jpg

Farasan Islands Beach by omar.sa, on Flickr

Also yesterday, when I was reading about Saudi Arabian and Indian relations all the way back to antiquity I learnt that the relationship dates back 5000 years.

I don't think that I understand your question. Maybe I do. Anyway alcohol is not consumed in the open (not allowed) but those who want it can get it behind their own walls. Other than that people have the same fun as anywhere else just in different ways and without alcohol. In Jeddah there are parties reminiscent of those in the West but they are held more under closed doors. If people really want "to go will" with the alcohol they can go to almost every neighboring country (aside from Iraq and Yemen) to do exactly that.

Also alcohol is simply not part of our culture. In pre-Islamic times it was but not anymore. Likewise we are a society where most people are Muslims. This influences the culture. Of course we also have many people who do not belief in anything. Anyway those are all political discussions. I rather keep it to just photos.

Also yesterday, when I was reading about Saudi Arabian and Indian relations all the way back to antiquity I learnt that the relationship dates back 5000 years.

Appreciate that man, Obviously Alcohol is not part of your culture and I respect that but there are always rebels to break the strict restrictions (we have some here as well). I just wanted to know about the coming up younger generation, and thanks for the detailed reply. Anyway WTF happened to the Arabic Dress thread?
Saudis are being accused of spreading hateful ideology all around the world, but you need to balance it with soft power as well (take it from a evil yindoo, it works wonder :tongue:).
jokes beside... before this thread I always thought of SA as only a desert. It's a beautiful thread please make such thread about SA/Arabic culture as a STICKY THREAD.

Appreciate that man, Obviously Alcohol is not part of your culture and I respect that but there are always rebels to break the strict restrictions (we have some here as well). I just wanted to know about the coming up younger generation, and thanks for the detailed reply. Anyway WTF happened to the Arabic Dress thread?
Saudis are being accused of spreading hateful ideology all around the world, but you need to balance it with soft power as well (take it from a evil yindoo, it works wonder :tongue:).
jokes beside... before this thread I always thought of SA as only a desert. It's a beautiful thread please make such thread about SA/Arabic culture as a STICKY THREAD.

Well, the funny thing is that it was us Semites who invented alcohol in ancient times. At least the first recorded findings/known use of alcohol. The word alcohol itself is of Arabic origin, LOL. So much for that.

History of Alcohol and Drinking around the World

But the view of alcohol has changed from time period to time period in the Islamic and Arab world. I suggest you do some reading about it if you are interested. You would be really surprised.

You are welcome. No problem. Well, it is inactive I guess.:D

Well, many have no idea what they talk about in general in this life. And those kind of people usually bark the loudest.

Anyway take care.

Well, the funny thing is that it was us Semites who invented alcohol in ancient times. At least the first recorded findings/known use of alcohol. The word alcohol itself is of Arabic origin, LOL. So much for that.

Shukran Habibi for the alcohol ( and nothing else grrrrrr :devil:) apologies if i got persian/ arabic mixed.
cheers :cheers:

Shukran Habibi for the alcohol. Apologies if i got persian/ arabic mixed.
cheers

Well, bro, Arabic influenced Farsi and not the other way around. Hundreds of loanwords (if not thousand), the Arabic-Farsi alphabet they use etc. But yes, that is Arabic.:)

Arabic is a world language. The language of Islam and one of the most widespread languages in the world and most spoken. It is in a different league in comparison. The official language of over 20 countries. It's influence is vast. 20-25% of all words in Spanish and Portuguese are of Arabic origin. Thousands of names of cities, villages and regions in Southern Europe are of Arab origin. Mainly Spain, Portugal and the other areas controlled by Arabs for centuries.

Gizan virgin islands and beaches جزر وشواطئ جيزان البكر by CLICK GROUP معين الشريف Moeen, on Flickr

Al Wadj Bank, Saudi Arabia (NASA, International Space Station Science, 12/30/07) by NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, on Flickr

Farasan island - Saudi Arabia by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

Farasan Island by Alrefaeibox, on Flickr

Harley Davidson | Riyadh Group by Tareq Abuhajjaj | Photography & Design, on Flickr

2013 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta (IBN MANSI Auto) .. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia by حسام الغامدي, on Flickr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuAw77J8_Y

LOL

Well, bro, Arabic influenced Farsi and not the other way around. Hundreds of loanwords (if not thousand), the Arabic-Farsi alphabet they use etc. But yes, that is Arabic.:)

Arabic is a world language. The language of Islam and one of the most widespread languages in the world and most spoken. It is in a different league in comparison. The official language of over 20 countries. It's influence is vast. 20-25% of all words in Spanish and Portuguese are of Arabic origin. Thousands of names of cities, villages and regions in Southern Europe are of Arab origin. Mainly Spain, Portugal and the other areas controlled by Arabs for centuries.LOL

Language can never be bad ... and have heard few of the Arabic songs that randomly pops up on youtube vids. Although gotta admit only watched them coz of some beautiful girls in them. But the language has a soothing tone to it (not referring to the accent of red neck Arabs). Anyway, don't want to bu*tt into this beautiful thread anymore and disturb the flow of it. Please carry on with the beautiful images of your country. Really appreciate this thread, hopefully other Arabic cultural thread pops up too.

may next year we be a part of them.

It's really beautiful i must say i wish i could visit the place anytime soon.

Insha'Allah your wishes will turn into reality soon.

45996_414056851996793_1248486819_n.jpg

The beautiful and world famous Arabian horses:

o5qirn.jpg

The incredible Rub' al-Khali desert:

30bplbk.jpg

o8xpur.jpg

317b0nc.jpg

There are huge water reserves beneath the Rub' al-Khali desert and ancient dried out lakes.

Two elders of the ancient Al Amrah clan of the Al Murrah Bedouin tribe. One of the greatest survivors in this world and in old times they used to travel thousands of km per year. Renowned for their poetry, memory, tracking, survival, pastoral and fighting/warrior skills. One of the few inhabitants of the Saudi Arabian Rub' al-Khali desert and its best experts.

@Arabian Legend and @Yzd Khalifa and @al-Hasani how do you guys celebrate eid up adha in Saudi Arabia do you like Pakistan when buy animal and do you keep them at home or not allowed and who mostly sacrifices the animal

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom