What's new

Saudi Arabia in Pictures

I'm in Jeddah already will move out to Arafah soon :)

I am not getting confirmed at my job due to some problem please make dua for me for me getting confirmed on Job and also for more rizq and to spend it on way of ALLAH and that I die fighting the enemies of ALLAH in the battlefield and before I die I take out at least 150 enemies of ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW and Muslims Please make this dua for me akhi @Yzd Khalifa

Last edited by a moderator:
@Zarvan:smart:

5512956337_de88425536_z.jpg

IMG_7531.JPG

8338798077_6dc18e2dc6_b.jpg

3954538199_3bf88b969c_b.jpg

61662_160617670615265_3794687_n.jpg

Those are only few pics, there are a lot of pics for KSA's universities campuses. I will do post them later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old is Gold by Rayan M., on Flickr

الحمنة - المدينة المنورة by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

Untitled by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

Al Khafji Beach - من شواطئ مدينة الخفجي by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

From zulfi city ... in saudi arabia - المنيزلة " الزلفي " by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

جبال الزيتة by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

Asswdah in Abha, Saudi Arabia - روابي السودة by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

Ra's Ash Shaykh Humayd - راس الشيخ حميد by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

الأقحوان والحسن الفتان في روضة السبلة by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

روابي أبها الخضراء - Abha in saudi arabia by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

بيوت عسيرية by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

إلى رجال ألمع - Asir - Saudi Arabia by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

Spotted Little Owl - البومة المرقطة by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

إقـلاع by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

Seba roumi - صبا الرومي by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

From Ashiqr, Saudi Arabia - من أشيقر by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

From Tarout, Saudi Arabia - من تاروت by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

Beaches of RAS tannura in Saudi Arabia- من شواطئ رأس تنورة by Jawad جـ الرومي ـــواد Roumi, on Flickr

Paradise by Rayan M., on Flickr

This is the largets palm tree plantation IN THE WORLD!
It is located in Al-Qassim region of Saudi Arabia and spreads over a vast 54,000,000 (fifty four MILLION) square meters. That's more than 5000 (fife thousand) hectars. In other words, the size of a city!

It belongs to Saudi Arabian Sheikh Saleh Bin Abdul-Aziz Al-Rajhi, and currently supervised by his son Sulaiman.
The total number of palm trees in this large landscape is 200,000 palm trees that produce 45 different types of Arabian dates, eventhough the well-known types of dates do not exceed 15 in other plantations!
29,000 palm trees of the sum total is organically planted (no chemicals used) and the price for these dates can really skyrocket, if you know what I mean.

What's interesting though is that approximately 40% of the total production of dates goes to charities.
When I met with the agricultural Administration of the project they told me that Sheikh Salih's vision is for the production of this plantation to reach every Saudi house in need, and even outside Saudi Arabia since they recently got the "ECOCERT" certification, which allows them to export to other countries.
This is not All, though! This project is even listed in Guinness World Records as the largest palm tree plantation in the world.

The Agricultural Administration recently issued a book, or rather a guide, on how to handle palm farms projects, which is the result of more than a decade of hard work and experience, allowing farmers to have a better perspective for such projects and solving too many problems concerning this aspect, such as palm trees' parasites, irrigation plans and much more.

Despite the gigantic size of the project, it is not the only one. There several more across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, but of course not of the same size.

From another point of view, dates have a very close relationship with the Arabian culture, especially in the Arabian Peninsula. Recent researches indicate that dates are complete meals and contain an extremely high value of nutrients.
It has been mentioned in the Holy Qur'aan , and In the Islamic tradition, Prophet Mohammaed -peace be upon him- had urged upon having seven dates on each morning, as they are good for the health and protect from lots of diseases.

This was taken during my visit to Al-Qassim region.

The Niner by Rayan M., on Flickr

"The Niner" or (Um Tes'aa in Arabic) is a game sort of like chess, in which two players are involved; each with nine pieces on the playing board. The pieces move according to specific rules, and the player with the most pieces on the board at the end of the game wins.

What's interesting here is that this game, like many other of its type, is no longer played except by the older generation, and is in danger of extinction.

These people spend almost half a day playing this game over and over... Enjoying a cup of tea, listening to the radio and talking about the good old times!

Taken in Al-Qassim - Saudi Arabia
(Souq al Methnab)

لبس تراثي من مدينة الطائف by waLef-alGrh, on Flickr

الطائف - سيسد by Faris shehri, on Flickr

Famous roses from the city of Ta'if in Hijaz located nearly 2000 meters above sea level and known for its agriculture, in particular grapes, honey and roses.

Roses Carpet by Hotoon Mohammed, on Flickr

214yrfn.jpg

o7q8ao.jpg

29lxvex.jpg

سحاب-الشفا by Photographer Sami ALrefai, on Flickr

LOST by Faris shehri, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom