What's new

Saudi Arabia bans all things red ahead of Valentine's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't ask for an explanation-- i posted that as a example-- seems like i hit bulls eye-- I disagree with you on that-- and now from here i can easily provoke you-- but i will not-- thats whats i was telling the hbs guy-- dont bring in unnecessary references- where not needed--

You provoked me ?? --- Dont flatter yourself dude. I just wanted to remove your misconceptoin with a contemptible 'lol' at the front.

And I dont know why you are getting worked up unnecessarily. He did not de-mean Muhammed in any way. Just said , he is a man of compassion and peace. :what:

You provoked me ?? --- Dont flatter yourself dude. I just gave you an explanation with a contemptible 'lol' at the front.

And I dont know why you are getting worked up unnecessarily. He did not de-mean Muhammed in any way. Just said , he is a man of compassion and peace. :what:

All I meant was this:

Since prophet (PBUH) was a man of peace and spread the message of love, it is ironical that today in his very land some silly people are banning the day of love.

That's it.

:tup: :tup:

ab saudi k tharkiyon ka kiya hoga

:rofl: :rofl:

Ask them to visit Pakistan.....lol

Preparations for Valentine’s Day in full swing
Myra Imran
Sunday, February 13, 2011

Islamabad

The prediction of romantic cloudy weather to continue on February 14 has indeed proved to be an exciting news for couples planning to celebrate Valentine’s Day to its fullest.

The capital markets have started turning red as shopkeepers are finalising their preparations for the big sale on the Valentine’s Day. Flower shops are packed with red roses whereas balloons, chocolates, jewellery and accessories, all heart shaped, have become a basic item in almost every shop.

“The sale has already started, but it will be on its peak on February 14,” said Abdullah, a salesman in one of the most famous gift shop in Islamabad. Talking about Valentine’s Day shopping, he said that on average, every customer spends Rs10,000 to Rs15,000 on gifts these days. “For some customers it goes as up as Rs50,000. It differs from customer to customer,” he added.

Abdullah said that people of all age groups buy Valentines Day specific items. “It is not restricted to teenagers or any specific gender only. As far as I have observed, grown up men spend more as compared to teenagers,” he said sharing his experience of past four years.

The shop was full of all kinds of hearts. Big heart, small heart, hearts held by teddy, heart pencils, frames cushions, bags, gift bags — you name it is their in the shelf. The biggest heart was available for around Rs1,495 whereas the smallest one was for Rs325. There were all kinds of chocolates available in the shop.

“The heart shaped items are sold as hotcakes during these days,” said Abid Malik, managing a stall of Valentine’s Day gifts outside a bookshop. He said that last year, they had to order for these items thrice in two days on February 13 and 14. “We buy things from wholesale markets in Lahore,” he added.

He said that everything red is the best sell these days. Sharing another interesting observation, he said that their shop sells more cards on Valentine’s Day as compared to Eid. Pointing towards piles of red poetry books on one side of the stall, he said that these books are published especially for Valentine’s Day.

“It is all romantic Urdu poetry written by Noshi Gilani, Wasi Shah, Saeed Wasiq and Sharmeen,” he mentioned adding these books along with a red heart balloon is a very popular combination on this occasion. He said that even children buy gifts on these days.

Flower shops are also preparing for a big sale on the Valentine’s Day. “We expect good business as two big occasions when the sale of flowers is at its best are occurring in this month,” said Muhammad Anwar, salesperson of a flower shop in F6 Flower Market. He said that the second big occasion is Rabi-ul-Awwal 12 that will fall on February 16.

Anwar said that last year, his biggest sale was bouquet of imported rose buds for Rs30,000. He said that one shops sells an average of Rs50,000 to Rs60,000 on Valentine’s Day. “An imported rose that is available for Rs50 in wholesale market on routine days becomes of Rs70. When it comes to flower shop, its price goes further up and reaches Rs100 to Rs150 on Valentine’s Day.” The restaurants and coffee shops are also trying innovative ways to match the theme of love. Their target is to provide as much romantic environment as possible for couples.

“Agree to it or not, the Valentine’s Day has become a social reality,” said one young boy looking for appropriate card for his loved one at a bookstall. “That’s the only was when we feel legally allowed to express our love,” said the young chap.

Preparations for Valentine

All I meant was this:

Since prophet (PBUH) was a man of peace and spread the message of love, it is ironical that today in his very land some silly people are banning the day of love.

That's it.

And you shouldn't have said that. Keep Prophet(SAW) out of this. Since you don't know much about Islam and Holy Prohet(PBUH) so don't bring Him in between this discussion.

And you shouldn't have said that. Keep Prophet(SAW) out of this. Since you don't know much about Islam and Holy Prohet(PBUH) so don't bring Him in between this discussion.

I might not know much but I know this much that he was a man of peace and love and it would not be inappropriate to celebrate love because love was his message. You are free to disagree.

And how about in the land of secular india where hindu thugs of shiv sena and bajrang dal harass and beat up people celebrating valentine's day.

Arey janab apne ghireban main bhi jhaank liya karo.

Kya woh government kar raha hai..arey bhai thoda dimag ko isthamal karo..

Yeh and i am happy for that ALLAH ka lakh lakh shukar hai keh yahan paida kara !! Not like you .tu kisi aur keh larki pe maze kare aur same tere sis keh saat koi aur kare .. Khair its not bad for you coz its valentines day in yr Envoirment:hitwall: But in my area in my Religion it is called BEHAYAYEE , BESHARMI , And BeGairati . :hitwall:
hardly surprising, maybe you never loved someone in your life, your signature reflects that.

Yeh and i am happy for that ALLAH ka lakh lakh shukar hai keh yahan paida kara !! Not like you .tu kisi aur keh larki pe maze kare aur same tere sis keh saat koi aur kare .. Khair its not bad for you coz its valentines day in yr Envoirment:hitwall: But in my area in my Religion it is called BEHAYAYEE , BESHARMI , And BeGairati . :hitwall:

We people are looking down on sex as a very dirty thing that it is causing many other problems in our lives. we do really need to ease it off a bit, this anti natural desire, no matter how unreal our attitude might be about sex , but it is getting too much by us. now i dont suggest to completely change everything and revolutionarize it, but the direction we are going is also not healthy.

Valentine's day is nothing more then a regular day.
it has no meaning.. this idea came from lonely americans and now it expanded to the entire world.
Pathetic day..
I tried to celebrate it with my ex which i loved so much..
but since then.. its war day for me..
i always drink on 14febuary.

Saudis [with all the riches they hav] rather should have opened Harvard/Cambridge like universities

Nice movie this day has no place in my religion just one of another borrowed concept like so many others that we borrowed from the west I don't like Saudis but they did the right thing we should be celebrating only what Islam tells us to celebrate

Saudis [with all the riches they hav] rather should have opened Harvard/Cambridge like universities

dude they also need students for those uni's where will they get it from ... unless they are giving grants to all pakistani kids .. i am all for it

you do have a valid point. but saudis would prefer financing the mosques around the world rather than build eductional institutes. they are the biggest donners in the world when it comes to buidling the mosques around the world. i'm not saying there is anything wrong in that. but they can fund schools, colleges, uni's around the world & help underprevilaged kids get good education at the same time.

Good news, Valentines day is a piece of crap. Expected gifts is not really a gift, nor is it romantic. Also, it's all about women that day. That's not romantic either.

Busss... bohat lambi debate ho gai hai.

I don't like religion being discussed in Members' Club. Every person is entitled to their own opinion. I don't even know what to delete here or what not to, so I am letting it all be.

Come on, we are all adults, and should respect each other. Who are we to judge anyone on their religious beliefs and the lack thereof.

If you are still full of energy, come here and have some fun.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/93235-lets-spread-some-love-2.html#post1483090

Oh, by the way, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom