What's new

Saudi Arabia announces 20% defence budget increase

The increase is because of the Navy's deal(s). The Navy if reports I heard were true is going to become the forward facing force of KSA in the future in stead of the Air Force. KSA wants to absorb the US's role in the region. And that is a large undertaking.
So what are the future plans I mean How many more Frigates Destroyers Submarines and other ships because to play USA kind of role you need massive navy Akhi

The GCC as a whole has a massive defence budget

Lets hope they are using the money wisely because waste is unacceptable

At some point they will need to be and act as a stand alone power looking out for their own and other muslim nations without the USA

I know Saudi is begining to go into defence production and probably has a plan on how to increase power and its economy but wise steps know will help in the future

80 billions !!! well that's massive amount why don't just buy few toys.

$80 billions?

With this spending, Saudis must be the fourth greatest military power on planet..with their own massive military industrial complex..

But Saudis are wasting money...

Jesus....

I made a little math.. we currently spend 2,2% of our GDP. Which is 21 billion dollars. If we spent the 11% of our GDP too, it makes 105,8 billion dollars..Saudi guys, can I borrow your defense minister and king :lol:

That's where most people get it wrong.

Turkey/india etc. can not spend 11% of their GDP on defense because they do not have excess liquid cash as Saudis have due to their massive oil industry....

Bhangi but i though it was maha bharat? Or it become ancient Pakistan only when it comes to defeat? Don't forget ancient Pakistanis have defeated and raped your ancient bhangi ancestors.

he he he, ask yourself the question, how did your ancestors became Muslim - what ISI, boko and al nusra do, happened a long time ago too.

On topic - thats a huge increase - we are talking 35% of their spending here.

The war wasn't naval.

China is on the other side of the continent, it takes 6000kms to reach Gujarat coast, so why is India scared of the Chinese Navy?

Once you answer this question, you'll see the KSA vs India naval equation.

If India carries out any misadventure against Saudi Arabia, Pakistan Navy's support would be on station, should KSA request it.
Keeping Pakistan aside, the RSAN views Indian Navy, especially their aircraft carriers as a major imbalance in the Indian Ocean Region, since both KSA and Pakistan have long term IOR naval ambitions.
---
India sacred of china...NO
India is concern for china .. YES ..
--
Why india and china matters in Indian ocean
1. Both had war before
2. Both are competing for resource mainly enegry
3. Both WILL be among top 3 nation as per economy in decades so Competirotes
4. China behaviors with its neighbors in SCS .
5. China control part of india- pak territory which pak ceded in 1963

--
If India carries out any misadventure against Saudi Arabia, Pakistan Navy's support would be on station, should KSA request it.
why would india do so .. ?
does india and SA ,
1. Share Borders ? even maritime borders ?
2. Are both competing for resource mainly energy.. in fact .. SA provide Enegry
Saudi Arabia is India's fourth largest trading partner at $43.78 billion in fiscal 2012-13. In the April-November period of the current fiscal, the two-way trade was $32.7 billion. Imports of crude by India form a major part of this trade. Almost one-fifth of India's oil imports come from Saudi Arabia.
3. India will be among top 3 Countries behnd china , usa... so competting with them so more enegrey from SA
4. SA and india relation
http://embassies.mofa.gov.sa/sites/india/EN/AboutHostingCountry/SaudiRelations/Pages/default.aspx
India and Saudi Arabia Sign Defense Cooperation Pact | The Diplomat
5. SA does not control any indian land or asset
--
Pak Navy..and answer to india..
how many
Airc carrier , Destroyers , Submarines - Nuclear and conventional , naval air force pak have to protect both pak and SA shores ?
please do enlighnted
Hope i will get answer aftr this

Absolute rubbish comments by aeronut. As a Pakistani, my apologizes for the extremely inappropriate and false opinion on behalf of Pakistan. Bear in mind, not every Pakistan is like the few here.

Why would India EVER go to war with Saudia? Oil? Last I heard, Saudia will be out of oil in few decades. So why the hell will Saudia be attacked by India? For the barren desert? Not to mention, any nation attacking Saudia is asking for trouble by muslim nations. Saudia is a far bigger US ally than is India. And so the Indonasian army, malay, and of course Pakistan would LOVE to come to aid and surround India.

Again, my apologizes for absolute rubbish comments/opinion by a, sadly, well known admin.

Now that being said, Saudia is getting all these because US is getting closer to Iran and western powers, which Saudia does not like at all. Saudia, like Israel, wants the western power to be very aggressive. They fear Iran getting nuclear bombs, so it is best time to get all the weapons in hand. Also note, this subs and whatnot take years to be made. They can't be bought off the shelf. Plus, it makes Iran think twice about acquiring nuclear bombs.
--
thanks for being on ground and keeping the sanity
Mr.Aero have right to have its own opinion .. so dont have Any apology for same..
we cant term anyone OPINION rubbish comments
but you can refute with your OPINION with logic and facts

which you did so did i
rest you on the spot..
india have its own kitty full of problems why the hell we will attack any one till others come to do mischief ..

r u freaking kidding me ? 11 % ?!? that's huge Amount. but why ? we are just spending 1.7/8% and Pakistan is spending 2.5 / 3% of their GDP.
--
See their Current accont status.. reserve status ,, GDP per capita .. their psyche and social setup so 11 %
india and pak no way near to them so less
our priorities iur diffrent at tiop 3 level than them
--
exam, SA police best of it
images

indian police best of it
images

--
See their Current accont status.. reserve status ,, GDP per capita .. their psyche and social setup so 11 %
india and pak no way near to them so less
our priorities iur diffrent at tiop 3 level than them
--
exam, SA police best of it
images

indian police best of it
images
Just WOW !

Its called not taking a 'chance'.

History is packed with lunatics ending up in places of power, then driving those countries into the ground my mindless use of military force.
Well if they want to play some regional power or a role being played by USA they than need at least 24 Frigates and 8 to 12 Cruise Missile Destroyers and also around 12 Submarines and if they want to play bigger role than go for Helicopter Carriers too

Back
Top Bottom