What's new

Sarkozy will not ban Sikh turbans in France

turban is compulsory for Sikhs wheras burqa/niqab is not compulsory for Muslim sisters...

so it's quite silly to juxtapose the two

Now, where did you get that burqa is not compulsory for Muslim women? Burqa and niqab are not the same thing. Before you make this kind of comment, do a bit of research.

That is pure madness!!!! Those fries are delicious!
Of course Sikh Turbans shouldn`t be banned they are religious hats.

Here comes Mr. champion of religious freedom. Burqa is also a religious dress, but of course, people like you always have some excuse to ignore or deny that.

Now, where did you get that burqa is not compulsory for Muslim women?

rather than ask questions, try to prove me wrong

and good luck with it

Burqa and niqab are not the same thing. Before you make this kind of comment, do a bit of research.

and where did i say that they are the same thing? :what:

i dont need advice nor is research required. Thanks.

[The Quran 24:31]

And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their sisters, other women, the male servants or employees whose sexual drive has been nullified, or the children who have not reached puberty. They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to GOD, O you believers, that you may succeed.

Link

For those who say burqa is compulsary for muslim woman

1-4226457-6638-t.jpg

shabana-azmi_26.jpg

still doesn't negate my point; it's a basic and genuine call for women to be pious and modest --as was needed in pre-Islamic times and just after the Revelations when rape and crimes against women were high

During the times of the Prophet SAWS women --including those He was close to would cover their faces when in the presence of strangers, and then uncover their faces when not in the presence of strangers.

covering of the face is not compulsory (wajib) however and there are thousands of respected Islamic scholars worldwide who also accept this notion. There's a plethora of information on this topic available on the web so no need for me to delve into the matter. However, what I wont do is allow misinformation to be disseminated on here because that is wrong and it sets a bad precedent.

Back
Top Bottom