What's new

Sania Mirza to marry Shoaib Malik?

Status
Not open for further replies.
COIMBATORE/ TAMIL NADU: Activists of a regional political party in Coimbatore on Wednesday held a protest against the much-speculated marriage of Indian tennis sensation Sania Mirza with Pakistani cricket star Shoaib Malik.

The marriage will take place in April.

The protestors condemned Mirza's decision to marry a Pakistani cricketer and raised slogans against her, the Central Government and the Andhra Pradesh Government.

They demanded the tennis player be deported from the country. They also demanded the federal government to take back all the awards given to her.

"There have been reports that Sania Mirza will marry Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik, which the Hindu Makkal Katchi, regional Hindu political outfit strongly condemns," said Senthil Kumar, an activist of Hindu Makkal Katchi.

"Because we feel that the cricket player basically belongs to a country, which aids and abets terrorism against India. It is still to handover the Mumbai attack accused to India. Moreover, this is an insult to 100 crore Indian people and Muslims living in India," he added.

"We also demand that the highest awards such as Padma Shri should be taken back from her immediately and we want to deport her from India."

The 23-year-old tennis player was the first Indian to win a WTA tour event in 2005 and reached her highest world ranking of 27 two years ago although she has since slipped to the 92nd spot.

Malik, 28, has been fighting a 12-month ban by the Pakistan Cricket Board for poor performance and indiscipline.

Indian political party furious on Shoaib-Sania wedding

yea, been hearing it on the news.

Its completely idiotic to say just because a muslim girl is marrying a another muslim, she should be deported. How can they tie one religion with one country only? Complete non-sense..

I guess these are the same people threatening SRK. If such high profile Muslims/Pro-Pakistani people are being threatened, i wonder what happens with the common person?

Its completely idiotic to say just because a muslim girl is marrying a another muslim, she should be deported. How can they tie one religion with one country only? Complete non-sense..

I guess these are the same people threatening SRK. If such high profile Muslims/Pro-Pakistani people are being threatened, i wonder what happens with the common person?

:woot::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::P

^^^ who is the leader of Hindu Makkal Katchi?

when you already know the answere then why are you pinching them so hard.just enjoy the party..they are not here to gain knowledge they already have lot's of knowledge about indian more than you and me.:rofl::lol:

Last edited:

I can understand hi profile..but Pro Pakistani???????? did shoaib tell you this?:blah:

The Burn indians are getting from this seems to be even more severe than first thought

:flame: :bunny:

I mean WHY would a politcal party get involved in whats going on between two individual who do play for their country but by and large dont hold any public office ?

The following three posts were made by the same Indian member, now let me ask you what do you make of those. surely they are not complementary, from the last one, it did sound like he was getting Pakistan involved, hence the reason for the mention in this topic.

He means, people do have a valid reason to riot. ???

Windjammer you are making more excuses here..let me stop this ..just read the post of the Pakistani nationalists reply to my post which you thanked..you will get the idea..no proud Indian or Pakistani will stand such kind of nonsense..hope you got it ..

I think after all this Shoaib should be more thoughtfull and perhaps have valima in India. Five star hotel like Hotel Taj or Oberoi would be a good choice.

The recent ghastly terrorist attacks on these have caused great misunderstanding between the two nations.

Sania-Shoaib valima at the Taj or Oberi could help sooth the misunderstandings between india and Pakistan over this issue through the language of love between Pakistani Shoaib and Indian Sania.

The Burn indians are getting from this seems to be even more severe than first thought

:flame: :bunny:

I mean WHY would a politcal party get involved in whats going on between two individual who do play for their country but by and large dont hold any public office ?

Its because, its uncommon in India for a muslim to marry and leave the wife without talak and deny to have married leaving the girl and her parents at a difficult situation. We call these bastards cheats here...

This soon to be marriage has caused a sensation as its not an ordinary girl, but a girl which had brought honour to this country.. and has represented India all over the world.so u can expect a little burn , just like when imran khan married jemima there.

Doesn't look like this Wedding will take place.
On the other hand, my Dad is planning to go on Valima. and I am in bet with him that the wedding won't take place. Lets see who wins :P

Yaar shubh shubh bolo. Aisi baatain na karo. :no:

now just wait and watch , bollywood will come out with yet another cheap movie based on hindu-guy/muslim-girl theme to pat their egos

Tennis boss hopes Sania will play for Pakistan

Is Pakistan pinning its tennis hopes on its cricketer Shoaib Malik's marriage plans? (See: The Sania-Shoaib story in pics)

Would seem so from the words of the chief of Pakistan's tennis federation Senator Dilawar Abbas, who is quoted to have urged India's tennis ace Sania Mirza to play for Pakistan after tying the knot with Shoaib. (Read: Sania-Shoaib wedding on April 11)

Pakistani newspaper "The News" quoted Dilawar as saying in an interview that he hoped Sania would become a Pakistani national and play for that country.

He also had a reason to furnish for his being so hopeful: "Asian women traditionally follow their husbands which is why I'm hopeful that someday she would be inspired by Shoaib to play for Pakistan," he was quoted as saying.

Dilawar's hopes, of course, are likely to remain in the realm of fantasy. Sania has made it very clear that she will continue to play for India after marriage. On Wednesday, she also told NDTV that in an India-Pakistan cricket match, she would continue to support India. And that Sachin Tendulkar was her favourite cricketer, not husband-to-be Shoaib Malik.

In the course of the same interview though, Dilawar seemed to temper his expectations. The newspaper quoted him as saying that even if Sania stuck to her decision of playing for India, he would be looking forward to her involvement in Pakistan tennis at some point in time.

"She can encourage our girls to take up tennis, she can inspire them to become world class players," he said.

Windjammer you are making more excuses here..let me stop this ..just read the post of the Pakistani nationalists reply to my post which you thanked..you will get the idea..no proud Indian or Pakistani will stand such kind of nonsense..hope you got it ..

Excuses. ???? Well I have heard of people loving them self but Seiko you are the tops. Excuses from whom, for what, and why. ??!!!
I thanked him because he gave you a reply in the kind of language you do seem to understand. Hope i don't need to remind you, what a waste of space you are man.

now just wait and watch , bollywood will come out with yet another cheap movie based on hindu-guy/muslim-girl theme to pat their egos

and everyone will be busy downloading it first hand in pakistan , due to its popularity as we have seen the mere news of sania getting married shoib has outdone the recent news of afridi getting award , banning of players,IPL debates, yousuf retiring etc ... comibined...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom