What's new

Salman Taseer’s Son Loses Indian Citizenship After Criticizing Modi ‘Smol men in big offices.’ by UM

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salman Taseer’s Son Loses Indian Citizenship After Criticizing Modi
‘Smol men in big offices.’

by UMMARA SHERAZabout 7 hours ago

ShareTweet

Aatish-Taseer-758x424.jpg

India revoked the citizenship of Aatish Taseer, a New York-based author and journalist for calling Narendra Modi ‘India’s Divider In Chief‘. The Modi government isn’t just using Bollywood for publicity but also cracking down on naysayers.

The spokesperson of the Ministry of Home Affairs of India said that India had other reasons to cancel Aatish Taseer’s citizenship.

ALSO READ

Netflix, Amazon and Others Warned to Remove “Anti-India” Content

The spokesperson of the Ministry of Home Affairs of India tweeted that Aatish Taseer had failed to answer the ministry’s questions about his Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) cards.

“Thus, Mr. Aatish Ali Taseer becomes ineligible to hold an OCI card, as per the Citizenship Act, 1955. He has clearly not complied with very basic requirements and hidden information,”

Spokesperson, Ministry of Home Affairs

✔@PIBHomeAffairs

· 17h

Replying to @PIBHomeAffairs
Mr. Aatish Ali Taseer, while submitting his PIO application, concealed the fact that his late father was of Pakistani origin.

✔@PIBHomeAffairs

Mr. Taseer was given the opportunity to submit his reply/objections regarding his PIO/OCI cards, but he failed to dispute the notice.

The journalist disputed the Indian authorities claims tweeting that he had responded to their notice.

“This is untrue. Here is the Consul General’s acknowledgment of my reply. I was given not the full 21 days, but rather 24 hours to reply. I’ve heard nothing from the ministry since.,”

Aatish Taseer

✔@AatishTaseer

This is untrue. Here is the Consul General’s acknowledgment of my reply. I was given not the full 21 days, but rather 24 hours to reply. I’ve heard nothing from the ministry since. https://twitter.com/pibhomeaffairs/status/1192476528346447873 …

✔@PIBHomeAffairs
Replying to @PIBHomeAffairs
Mr. Taseer was given the opportunity to submit his reply/objections regarding his PIO/OCI cards, but he failed to dispute the notice.

ALSO READ

LOL: Hasan Minhaj Still Honored At ‘Howdy Modi’ Event He Was Denied Entry To [Video]

The Indian government’s censorship of any critique and crackdown on naysayers is nothing new. Seems Aatish Taseer is just another public figure to join the list.

This instance is not much different from Indian-American comedian Hasan Minhaj being blacklisted from ‘Howdy Modi‘ over his critical views about the Indian PM.
Who is Aatish Taseer?
New York-based author and journalist Aatish Taseer is the son of the late Salman Taseer and Indian journalist, Tavleen Singh. The late Salman Taseer was the governor of Punjab, in Pakistan, before he was gunned down in 2011.

A few months ago Aatish Taseer wrote a cover story for the Times in which he had dubbed Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi as ‘India’s Divider In Chief‘. In his cover story, Aatish wondered whether India could endure five more years under Modi rule.

Aatish also wrote a piece on Prime Minister Imran Khan for Vanity Fair.

PIO/OIC is not Indian Citizenship

Last edited:
Good for him. He can come to country of his father, if he so wishes.

In the Banana Republic of Pakistan, his father made a real mockery of law and constitution all through his life, without any consequences. Unfortunately, which are dangerous territories for the Pakistan and sadly paid the price of being killed by his own guard. We highly condemned it.

As for India and Indians, they are scared from their own shadows.
Ridiculously insane lot. Lowest of the low in the world.
For them to tolerate criticism is not an option.
Modi the "Dragon Slayer". In his dreams.

In the Banana Republic of Pakistan, his father made a real mockery of law and constitution all through his life, without any consequences. Unfortunately, which are dangerous territories for the Pakistan and sadly paid the price of being killed by his own guard. We highly condemned it.

His father got killed for merely questioning barbaric medieval Blasphemy laws I don't think his son will be rushing to immigrate to Pakistan any time soon.

He is Gay.

So first convince him he will not be killed for being Gay in Islamic pakistan.

PIO/OIC is not Indian Citizenship
did you also get your masters (in lying) form the same imaginary university as that there teli qaatil?
OCI Card is a multiple entry life-long visa which enables the Overseas Citizens Of India (OCI) or Overseas Indian Citizens (OIC) to have unlimited travel and stay in India

He is Gay.

So first convince him he will not be killed for being Gay in Islamic pakistan.
are you seriously ignorant or are you taking a dig at KPK, pothoar and mirpur (ajk)?

Last edited:
OCI is not offered if any of the parents are citizen of Pakistan.

Knowing this well he did not declare his father's identity. Hence OCI was cancelled.

The previous governments should have asked why he didn't declare his father's name. But those governments being sickular just gave him OCI.

His father got killed for merely questioning barbaric medieval Blasphemy laws I don't think his son will be rushing to immigrate to Pakistan any time soon.

Excuse me, why you pointing to medieval Blasphemy laws!!
It is not the fault of "Blasphemy Laws" that people misinterpret them or misbehave on the name of Blasphemy laws.
Individual actions are deplorable, no doubt.

This so-called "Banana Republic" is still a State which follows Islam and so long as as there are Muslims who believe in the ONE GOD, Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah, any attempts to disrespect Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah and HIS Messenger Nabi Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam will be met with swift and brute punishment.

Muslims do not go around poking fun of Christianity, Judaism, Paganism or etc. As a consequence, no disrespect will be tolerated in a State, who "FAITH" is Islam.

He was carrying the surname "Taseer" since his birth, every Tom dick and harry knew that he was the illegitimate child of Salman Taseer with an Indian woman. Yet the Indian establishment just woke up to the news that his biological father was a Pakistani! LOL . He has been critical of Modi and his government and that about it. He is the one who wrote this famous article in Time.

modiji.jpg

This so-called "Banana Republic" is still a State which follows Islam and so long as as there are Muslims who believe in the ONE GOD, Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah, any attempts to disrespect Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah and HIS Messenger Nabi Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam will be met with swift and brute punishment.

Muslims do not go around poking fun of Christianity, Judaism, Paganism or etc. As a consequence, no disrespect will be tolerated in a State, who "FAITH" is Islam.

Brother, I am a Muslim Alhamdolillah. When I say "Banana Republic" it is only in the sense and context of what our politicians are doing with our beloved country.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom