What's new

Sale of Loose Milk to be Banned in Pakistan.PFA

The best milk is raw (consumed within minutes of extraction), or heated till 165 degree F only, if left for a few hours. Boiling is not necessary, but it does give clotted cream.

@Mentee @War Thunder @Maxpane @newb3e @BHarwana @fitpOsitive

But Milk treated at those temperatures ends up getting blown at basic structure level. All nutrients including vitamins and minerals are destroyed and milk is no longer milk except for the color and taste.
Synthetic vitamins and minerals like calcium are then re added which are as good as drinking some chemical fluids from a lab.
I'll personally still go with fresh milk, instead of pasteurized.

Another thing is I noticed most milk sold in Pakistan is UHT. And most people actually buy those milk packs and Tarang and what not which are hardly even milk.

When I'm there I only depend on a couple of local brands that sell fresh milk. I forgot the exact brands.

Also, I suppose you are living in UAE? The only Milk worth consuming here is Marmum. They feed grass to their cows. Next best alternative is Al Ain who do feed grass but might also mix other stuff.
Al Marai is the worst for feeding a lot of GMO shit to their cows, and Al Rawabi does a mix.
This was part of some research I undertook, as I prefer to know what I eat and drink being a part time Nutritionist of sorts.

But Milk treated at those temperatures ends up getting blown at basic structure level. All nutrients including vitamins and minerals are destroyed and milk is no longer milk except for the color and taste.
Synthetic vitamins and minerals like calcium are then re added which are as good as drinking some chemical fluids from a lab.
I'll personally still go with fresh milk, instead of pasteurized.

Another thing is I noticed most milk sold in Pakistan is UHT. And most people actually buy those milk packs and Tarang and what not which are hardly even milk.

When I'm there I only depend on a couple of local brands that sell fresh milk. I forgot the exact brands.

Also, I suppose you are living in UAE? The only Milk worth consuming here is Marmum. They feed grass to their cows. Next best alternative is Al Ain who do feed grass but might also mix other stuff.
Al Marai is the worst for feeding a lot of GMO shit to their cows, and Al Rawabi does a mix.
This was part of some research I undertook, as I prefer to know what I eat and drink being a part time Nutritionist of sorts.
It is risky to drink raw milk if left without pasteurization for a few hours because bacteria multiply very quickly. Pasteurization doesn't harm the nutrient structure of milk as it is done at much lower temperature than the boiling point.
What harms the structure of the milk is UHT treatment and homogenization. UHT is the worst, which takes the temperature unnaturally to 280 degree F, which is not possible in normal circumstances. This is why most of the tetrapak milk products have burnt taste.

Companies are forced to do homogenization too, because without that the creamy milk comes on top always and that may lead to difference in standard in different batches of milk cartons. But it's supporters say that goat milk is naturally pasteurized.

Raw milk is best, but if consumed within minutes. Then pasteurized at 145 F for 15 minutes. Then comes pasteurized at 165 F, then boiled. UHT can't be called milk.

And yes, grass fed cows milk is always better and Marmum is a good brand. My family likes Al Rawabi's taste, pasteurized (not UHT treated).

Anyway, I can't drink milk as I am lactose intolerant, so I end up buying UHT lolll.

It is risky to drink raw milk if left without pasteurization for a few hours because bacteria multiply very quickly. Pasteurization doesn't harm the nutrient structure of milk as it is done at much lower temperature than the boiling point.
What harms the structure of the milk is UHT treatment and homogenization. UHT is the worst, which takes the temperature unnaturally to 280 degree F, which is not possible in normal circumstances. This is why most of the tetrapak milk products have burnt taste.

Companies are forced to do homogenization too, because without that the creamy milk comes on top always and that may lead to difference in standard in different batches of milk cartons. But it's supporters say that goat milk is naturally pasteurized.

Raw milk is best, but if consumed within minutes. Then pasteurized at 145 F for 15 minutes. Then comes pasteurized at 165 F, then boiled. UHT can't be called milk.

And yes, grass fed cows milk is always better and Marmum is a good brand. My family likes Al Rawabi's taste, pasteurized (not UHT treated).

Anyway, I can't drink milk as I am lactose intolerant, so I end up buying UHT lolll.

That is based on American FDA (A highly unreliable source with evidences of having lied times and again. Same people who claim Fluoride in water is necessary while infact it kills your cognitive side slowly and steadily)
And based on older research.

You might want to read these
https://bodyecology.com/articles/avoid_pasteurized_foods-php/
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dairy-free-avoid-this-pop_b_558447
https://recipes.howstuffworks.com/raw-vs-pasteurized-milk.htm

And you said you are lactose intolerant
Do you know that's because of the modified milk protein structure because of the Pasteurization process, and is not necessarily a lactose intolerance but rather a pasteurized milk intolerance?

https://www.sharecare.com/health/lactose-intolerance/how-pasteurized-milk-lactose-intolerance
https://www.organicpastures.com/blo...rance-naturally-pictures-for-easy-explanation

Just think about it, there was no lactose intolerance until the only milk you could get was pasteurized or UHT.

Trust me, when it comes to food, you simply do not want to depend on any sources which originate from the food industry or the government. Do your own independent research.

Sale of Loose Milk to be Bannedin Pakistan: PFA
Posted 8 hours ago by Jehangir Nasir
milk-.jpg

• The sale of loose milk will be banned from 2022 and all dairy farms will be bound to sell pasteurized milk in plastic bags and bottles. This was revealed by the Additional Director General (ADG) Licensing and Resources of Punjab Food Authority (PFA), Shahid Inayat Malik.

Addressing an awareness seminar at the Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI), Shahid Malik said that the PFA’s aim is to bring all food-related businesses, bakery, wedding halls, restaurants etc into one category with a license so that they can be monitored transparently.
The ADG said that PFA has started a campaign to protect consumers from the adulterated milk. “The dairy farmers are advised to install pasteurizing plants and maintain cold chains to provide milk to the consumers,” he said.

He further stated that no business centre will be harassed in the name of inspection. Replying to a question, the ADG said that the license registration process has been simplified and complaints will be resolved in a timely manner.
RCCI President Saboor Malik, in his address, said that the PFA’s measures have provided protection to consumers and provide them with quality goods.

However, Punjab Food Authority has to increase its capacity to reduce fines and simplify procedures, adding “Information leaflets for campaign awareness should be given at every business center in Urdu language,” he said.

Currently, Pakistan is amongst the five largest dairy-producing countries in the world, yet unfortunately, 95 percent of the milk traded in Pakistan is sold as loose milk, most of which is unhygienic or adulterated and is not providing the masses with the required nutrition.

It worth mentioning that European standards had been implemented in the milk sector since 2013 all over Turkey. As a result, the milk yield has been increasing in the Asian country. Pakistan needs to adopt similar international dairy standards
They are also going out of business have you read about that? Farmers are selling their cows in Europe becuse they cant afford it anymore

if it dangerous then i should not be here . i believe its all propaganda

Never knew punjab food authority extends to the whole of Pakistan

Indians must be living in scandanavia, right? Wooooooow

Malai nikal ati hai
That's denaturing of the proteins in milk and it means you probably boiled it too much.

Pasteurization is genital healing by low temperature for a long time (LTLT) 63°C for 30mins or it's high temperature for a short time (HTST). 72°C for 15secs.

It kills Coxiella burentii which causes Q fever. That is found in milk

You you are telling me you dont boil your milk when you buy it. You drink it as it is?

As for probiotics the and vitamins then you can achieve those from other things like yogurt and fruits. Unless you are dependent on milk for your vitamins and probiotics. Are you?

Answer me this. Do you boil your milk when you by it?.

Lol at paindus suggesting raw milk is good for health.... Go ahead and drink raw milk while the rest of the civilized world will trust science and the benefits of pasteurized milk

That is based on American FDA (A highly unreliable source with evidences of having lied times and again. Same people who claim Fluoride in water is necessary while infact it kills your cognitive side slowly and steadily)
And based on older research.

You might want to read these
https://bodyecology.com/articles/avoid_pasteurized_foods-php/
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dairy-free-avoid-this-pop_b_558447
https://recipes.howstuffworks.com/raw-vs-pasteurized-milk.htm

And you said you are lactose intolerant
Do you know that's because of the modified milk protein structure because of the Pasteurization process, and is not necessarily a lactose intolerance but rather a pasteurized milk intolerance?

https://www.sharecare.com/health/lactose-intolerance/how-pasteurized-milk-lactose-intolerance
https://www.organicpastures.com/blo...rance-naturally-pictures-for-easy-explanation

Just think about it, there was no lactose intolerance until the only milk you could get was pasteurized or UHT.

Trust me, when it comes to food, you simply do not want to depend on any sources which originate from the food industry or the government. Do your own independent research.
Bro I have drunk the milk direct from source, and till my early 20s from farms. I developed this condition in late teen years.

Pasteurization is less harmful than boiling.

Also, strictly speaking, raw milk is unboiled fresh milk. Sometimes it contains extremely dangerous bacteria and in our homes, we kill them through boiling. Even in Pakistani villages, cattle farmers also boil the milk for this reason.

People think that rapid cooling of the milk changes the protein structure, but they are wrong. Rapid cooling is done to reduce the chances of multiplication of bacteria again.

Do you think pasteurization at 165 F is more harmful than boiling at 212.6 F?

But what you are saying is true for UHT. Also, homogenization is the process which breaks the fat particles, so we can say that it might be harmful.

Raw milk consumption without heating it is not at all advisable, unless you are sitting next to a cow and drinking directly from the source. :)

They keep milk at fire for hours until it becomes yellow. Boiling milk for hours vs pasturization which destrys more protein or vitamins?

No, not for hours. There is a standard process for pasteurization. We can say that they don't heat the milk properly because of huge energy requirement, but assuming that they will overdo it is just wrong. You know why they have adopted 165 F for 15 seconds over 140 for 30 minutes? Because 30 minutes even lower temperature requires more energy.

That's why I said I learned quite a lot during auditing of their operations.

Pasteurization for 30 minutes at 140 is much much better than boiling the milk at 212.6 F.

Regarding the color, cow milk color is off white. Water buffalo's milk color is pure white.

Evaporating milk to make it pink means they will lose a lot of money, both in terms of energy bills and loss of volume.

They keep milk at fire for hours until it becomes yellow. Boiling milk for hours vs pasturization which destrys more protein or vitamins?
Sorry I thought you were talking about companies keeping the milk for hours.

Yes, in villages, they keep evaporating the the milk until it becomes pink/ off white, which is also wrong and doesn't add any health benefit.

Lol at paindus suggesting raw milk is good for health.... Go ahead and drink raw milk while the rest of the civilized world will trust science and the benefits of pasteurized milk
Not that liquid you get at your nearest shop is good for health if taken without pasteurization

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom