What's new

Sale of F-16 jets to Pakistan should not be of concern to India: US

Two sides to this. Congress and the Pentagon.

The Pentagon makes the final call, irrespective of what armchair generals & keyboard warriors like to fantasize here.

And we all know about what the Pentagon's preference is in South Asia :-)
Issue is for them India is just a market nothing more like China .pak is for them is an Allie since cold war era from U2 to Afghanistan part 1 to part 2 .so it will continue further down the road in Mideast and Afghanistan .

Then that is your problem not mine .
Look those desperate attempt of Saab
Willing to do a copy-and-paste Sweden factory in India: Saab | Page 2

That is the influence of our defence market .Of Course indigenisation would be our priority

Says who ??
You ??
We are burning billions of $ for our national security .
KSA is one market as long as they have oil .But India is an ever growing nation and will continue this growth rate for further 4 decades because we have 1.3 billion population .We are already a 2.2 trillion$ economy and already surpassed KSA .Guess what we still have 20 crore people still suffering with poverty .All those are our future assets and will be a part of economy .
Americans knows the power of economy and they cant do anything against a nation having economy .
.That is why they fear China more than Russia.That is why we follow the same path .Our unique geographical location and economy influence the US a lots .
Chicken heart or not .
We dont need any certificate from a Pakistani :D
We are far better than Pakistan in many spheres.

Of Course we dont like a war .But if someone dares to challenge our national security through terrorism or any other way we will surely respond and will use our true potential including Rafale ,Su,LCA ,Mig etc .
With the help of our economy and diplomatic prowess we can manipulate things for or won favour .That is why these F 16 deal is also good for us .In future US cant reject India's position and will do anything if we pull the strings with our economy.
Who is stopping India from inking defense-related purchases (worth billions of dollars) from the US?

As I pointed out in another thread; your country had a golden opportunity to sway the Americans to your side with your MRCA program. However, your leadership (back then), missed it.

While American and Indian strategic interests may co-align vis-a-vis geopolitical initiative to contain China, this doesn't implies that the US will blindly toe the line of India in each paradigm.

I suggest that you stop complaining and start working on improving your ties with the US.

Also, another thing is that a diplomatically "neutral" Pakistan is much better for India in the long-run. Otherwise, expect China to checkmate Indian influence in the Indian ocean in the years to come.

Who is stopping India from inking defense-related purchases (worth billions of dollars) from the US?

As I pointed out in another thread; your country had a golden opportunity to sway the Americans to your side with your MRCA program. However, your leadership (back then), missed it.

While American and Indian strategic interests may co-align vis-a-vis geopolitical initiative to contain China, this doesn't implies that the US will blindly toe the line of India in each paradigm.

I suggest that you stop complaining and start working on improving your ties with the US.

Also, another thing is that a diplomatically "neutral" Pakistan is much better for India in the long-run. Otherwise, expect China to checkmate Indian influence in the Indian ocean in the years to come.

Well .We know how to handle US .US wont get strategic deals from India .That is only reserved for Russians and French .
That is why they didnt get MMRCA program .Because that is vital for our IAF .

India can move forward without US .Infact we have been always like that .But a good relation with US is also good to us .But we wont allow them to influence us.
Donot teach us about 'neutral' diplomacy.That is the only area we are far better than Pakistan China in every case .
We have good relation with Iran,Israel and KSA at the same time .
I dont think so .Chinese game in IOR is already restrained by IN .
We have A&N Islands , a lots of naval modernization program to counter them.We will have at least 20 -30 subs within
2030.Surface ships are already advanced .P 8i as force multiplier .
Chinese need to counter USN and Japan in SCS .

Actually its the other way around, and King NaMo has proved that. In nearly every other foreign trip, if not every trip, he has been whining about Pakistan, either directly or indirectly.

Secondly, All the way from the Defence minister & the External Affairs minister, to the presstitutes, the whole country has been going nuts over 8 jets. Extremely pathetic, I must say.

So you claiming anything else reflects extremly badly on you. It would be best or you to resign from this thread, because the more you talk, the more you are undermining, your credibility. Best to call a spade, a spade, and quit!

Obama second visit is a best example that contradicts your perspective .
AFAIK neither Modi nor Obama mentioned Pakistan .But entire nations was shouting about his second visit.
Pakistan can buy anything from anyone .But using US tax payers money is not that good for Indo -US relation.
It is our duty to protest against such developments .We will also take counter measures .
We knows these 8 jets not going change anything in SA .So this protest was just a symbolic in nature
Nothing, India will be the one loosing NOT the US.

Yet we didnt think twice before we kicked out both US majors from MMRCA competition.
I can see there a pain indeed in India but all we can do is an advice to stop wasting Indian's taxpayers money for lobbying as it wouldn't help at all or either keep it on as India is on the right path, rather to care US money without any concern that India has been replied as well. Though F-16s are coming and are free.

We have Indian lobby in there because we bought 13 billions$ stuffs from them .
We have equipments in here
India voted in UN for WOT and you are equally responsible for Afghan destruction.

If China or US or even Bangladesh, use your road or air space, will India not charge them ??? You will let them go just like that ???

We have every right to demand from them because they are using our infrastructure.

We had suspended the route when US forces attacked Pakistani checkpost and the same was closed for 8 months till US apologize and then the route resume.
India voted for WOT around 16 years ago .At that time India's opinion was not an issue .We didnt have any influence
But we wont allow anyother nations to use our airspace for a war in neighbouring nation.
Two sides to this. Congress and the Pentagon.

The Pentagon makes the final call, irrespective of what armchair generals & keyboard warriors like to fantasize here.

And we all know about what the Pentagon's preference is in South Asia :-)

Let them prefer whatever they want .
US wont get same treatment like that Russia or French got from our market .
We didnt ask anything from them .They came here for entire goodwill deals .They themselves lifted sanctions of 1998 we didnt a demanded them .And we always will be careful if we buys anything from them .
Indian market is big enough to force US to take different stances .
From what I have understood with my conversations with the Americans, "relationships, are more important than money".
Robin Raphael will agree with you.

Obama second visit is a best example that contradicts your perspective .
AFAIK neither Modi nor Obama mentioned Pakistan .But entire nations was shouting about his second visit.
Pakistan can buy anything from anyone .But using US tax payers money is not that good for Indo -US relation.
It is our duty to protest against such developments .We will also take counter measures .
We knows these 8 jets not going change anything in SA .So this protest was just a symbolic in nature

Yet we didnt think twice before we kicked out both US majors from MMRCA competition.

India voted for WOT around 16 years ago .At that time India's opinion was not an issue .We didnt have any influence
But we wont allow anyother nations to use our airspace for a war in neighbouring nation.

Let them prefer whatever they want .
US wont get same treatment like that Russia or French got from our market .
We didnt ask anything from them .They came here for entire goodwill deals .They themselves lifted sanctions of 1998 we didnt a demanded them .And we always will be careful if we buys anything from them .
Indian market is big enough to force US to take different stances .

Robin Raphael will agree with you.

They did not require your permissions when they have UN mandate on their back.

Already cleared to you that It is not American tax payers money but that route tax US & NATO forces owe us for using our infrastructure.

Its because of India's diplomacy that Russia is open for us.

No, you are still 3rd world country, and you will remain for coming 5,6 decades so please you are a good market but not that big that you are claiming. US don't need you, its you who actually need US.

Currently we are what US need for her safe exit from Afghanistan.

Then India can go & play with her toys, this is the best India can do, the lobby indeed but you know the outcome. Pakistan has strongest diplomatic ties and till this minute, F-16s are coming. All that India need is lobby more as the best thing she can do, spend more if India can stop these birds but in the last they are coming and you know, FREE. Sing your $ 13 Billion song in front of them all the time that it may help and i thought you would have long gone from here but still trying to turn around the clock, which after all couldn't be. India should save energy and money for next time.

They did not require your permissions when they have UN mandate on their back.

Already cleared to you that It is not American tax payers money but that route tax US & NATO forces owe us for using our infrastructure.

Its because of India's diplomacy that Russia is open for us.

No, you are still 3rd world country, and you will remain for coming 5,6 decades so please you are a good market but not that big that you are claiming. US don't need you, its you who actually need US.

Currently we are what US need for her safe exit from Afghanistan.

What is this UN mandate doing here ?What is your point?

Of Course .I can understand and also agreed .We are giving our sovreign land for war in neighourhood , so we need money .
It is western sanctions that forced the Russians for looking other markets .Our diplomacy is only for our interests not others interests.Of Course we are third world country that growing with world fastest reputation with 7+ % GDP growth.and will maintain or touch 9 or 10 in coming 5,6 decades .US cant find a markets like this in this world .

We didnt forced the US for a nuke deal but they came for us .Says a lots about priority .
Then India can go & play with her toys, this is the best India can do, the lobby indeed but you know the outcome. Pakistan has strongest diplomatic ties and till this minute, F-16s are coming. All that India need is lobby more as the best thing she can do, spend more if India can stop these birds but in the last they are coming and you know, FREE. Sing your $ 13 Billion song in front of them all the time that it may help and i thought you would have long gone from here but still trying to turn around the clock, which after all couldn't be. India should save energy and money for next time.

You can say whatever you want .But GoI will always uphold our national security .

You can say whatever you want .But GoI will always uphold our national security .

Lobbying is to uphold national security. However, your purpose wouldn't be served here as till now F-16s are coming but what surprise me is that i don't know what really keep you quoting me here.

Lobbying is to uphold national security. However, your purpose wouldn't be served here as till now F-16s are coming but what surprise me is that i don't know what really keep you quoting me here.

:lol:
Well GoI knows how to handle such little problems.:D

What is this UN mandate doing here ?What is your point?

Of Course .I can understand and also agreed .We are giving our sovreign land for war in neighourhood , so we need money .
It is western sanctions that forced the Russians for looking other markets .Our diplomacy is only for our interests not others interests.Of Course we are third world country that growing with world fastest reputation with 7+ % GDP growth.and will maintain or touch 9 or 10 in coming 5,6 decades .US cant find a markets like this in this world .

We didnt forced the US for a nuke deal but they came for us .Says a lots about priority .

First of all, the ongoing war in Afghanistan is authorized by you. (GoI Vote)

No land, Just route.

we are talking about current scenario. once we managed to resolve this terrorism sh!t and our economy starts rolling, we will be doing deals all over the world but our main focus will be on producing ourselves rather buying and currently we are producing great deal of arms for local consumption.

Your diplomacy helped us a lot, now we are one of the some nation those can buy weapons from US, Russia, China and EU.

First resort ; moaning

Last resort ; more moaning.:lol:

Helluva strategy.

Like your diplomats did after nuke deal with US and Australia .Sorry we didnt stoop to that level

No land, Just route.

we are talking about current scenario. once we managed to resolve this terrorism sh!t and our economy starts rolling, we will be doing deals all over the world but our main focus will be on producing ourselves rather buying and currently we are producing great deal of arms for local consumption.

Your diplomacy helped us a lot, now we are one of the some nation those can buy weapons from US, Russia, China and EU.

You are talking about future .Like Fortuneteller .We are already the world fastest economy .
That is all what matters.

Buying ,Of Course buying some usual stuffs .But not like high end products that we are buying.

First resort ; moaning

Helluva strategy.

Like your diplomats did after nuke deal with US and Australia .Sorry we didnt stoop to that level

No land, Just route.

Iran neither gives them land nor route .Still they can exchange trade with west and rest of the world .
You see the difference
You are talking about future .Like Fortuneteller .We are already the world fastest economy .
That is all what matters.

Buying ,Of Course buying some usual stuffs .But not like high end products that we are buying.

News: Indian Defence Minister is in deep grief over F16 sale approval to Pakistan

Our concern is why Defence minister is in deep grief....?

I pray for his health.Such kind of griefs can be risky.
Patient of such grief can be victim of Heart attack and nervous brake down.

Try to understand the level of shocks they are having.......................... perhaps because United States is preferring a ''failed state'' over ''supa pawa state''...................:rofl:

lyhsb.png

First resort ; moaning

Helluva strategy.
News: Indian Defence Minister is in deep grief over F16 sale approval to Pakistan

Our concern is why Defence minister is in deep grief....?

F-16s are coming. All that India need is lobby more as the best thing she can do, spend more if India can stop these birds but in the last they are coming and you know, FREE. Sing your $ 13 Billion song in front of them all the time that it may help and i thought you would have long gone from here but still trying to turn around the clock, which after all couldn't be. India should save energy and money for next time.

Last edited:
:lol:
Well GoI knows how to handle such little problems

Pain behind that smile is clearly visible, nothing can help you except live with it... keep it up... F-16s are still coming. :-)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom