What's new

Willing to do a copy-and-paste Sweden factory in India: Saab

Rafael, Su-30, F-16, Gripen, whats next? I think you guys will have the most diverse & perhaps strongest air force on the planet. I pray that China doesn't get into a fight with you guys, lol. :no:

Rafael, Su-30, F-16, Gripen, whats next? I think you guys will have the most diverse & perhaps strongest air force on the planet. I pray that China doesn't get into a fight with you guys, lol. :no:

Putting all the eggs in the same basket is not a wise idea too!! :no:

Advancment in the LCA projects is giving some disturbances to Saab.
Of Course they can copy or paste but only for exports .IAF wont buy it.
IAF chose Rafale because they already have mirage .

Here's a comparison...

main-qimg-c34edd2d30421de6cd390055ec9a136d

I think even the Tejas is better than Gripen!!

Here is the Gripen evaluation by the Swiss Air Force:

View attachment 294391

The range is less it's a single engine fighter! it has good operating costs with a low RCS as well as excellent turn circles. Even the Tejas MK2 will be inferior to the NG version.

Read this PDF:

http://carnegieendowment.org/files/dogfight.pdf

The problem is, we are still going ahead with 36 Rafales.

While the bird is nice, we are being robbed. The quoted price exceeds the actual calculations by miles.

Egypt has already bought theirs.

Rafale is needed as a strategic purchase 36 is fine. Yes French is quality but expensive! just see how much we paid for the Mirage upgrade. Gripen is light, single fighter with low operating costs (also with a excellent AESA) and what will this bird face? JF-17? J10? J11? It can hold it's own against any of those.

Putting all the eggs in the same basket is not a wise idea too!! :no:

Haha, true. If you guys play ur cards right, you'll eventually be able to internalize the air frames, & ultimately harmonize with Indigenous sub-systems.

There is very little swedish stuff in the Gripen so what exactly are they going to transfer?

You have to give it to Swedes, they are aggressively pushing Gripen jet. Still spending millions on lobbying.
They get "A" for effort.

It would be as indegenious as the JF-17 is so to Pakistan ;)

We have never ever called JF17 to be indigenous..not even by mistake..it is always called Pak-China Joint Figheter or CATIC-PAC JV. the "JF" in the name itself implies..."Joint Fighter"

Is this going to be the second bird made by the private firm? I dont know what the hell is happening in IAF anymore.

Make in India
1 - F16

2 - Russian fighter. Rumours are for su35 or PakFa or renewed Mig35 .

But I guess it's gonna be Swedish Gripin.

Buy small bunch to get tot later used on our own Mk2 and AMCA. That's the plan. Mean while new fighters to replace old Mi27s. Tejas will replace Mig21s...

It could also be termed as "desperate".
Bit why not go for F16 IN? Latest version with AESA.

Make in India
1 - F16

2 - Russian fighter. Rumours are for su35 or PakFa or renewed Mig35 .

But I guess it's gonna be Swedish Gripin.

Buy small bunch to get tot later used on our own Mk2 and AMCA. That's the plan. Mean while new fighters to replace old Mi27s. Tejas will replace Mig21s...
Nope. :D

Like I said bro, head over to the Rafale sticky- we have been discussing this for days ;)

Bit why not go for F16 IN? Latest version with AESA.

1) No useful ToT to speak of will come ( and no source codes)
2) No real industrial benefits (as LM will retain all IPRs and control of the production line)
3) All aspects of the deal will controlled by the US government and at their mercy- no thanks
4) The F-16 is too bloody old- the new fighters the IAF is inducting have to serve for 35 years minimum, by the time they retire from IAF service the F-16 will a 75 year old design!
5) Being a single engined fighter, it will kill off the LCA MK.2
6) To operate this bird, the US will force India to sign the CISMOA, LSA and BECA
7) IAF will have no sovereign control over their assets- entire compartments will be digitally sealed and only LM representatives will be allowed to access them.

In short, not worth it.

@PARIKRAMA @Taygibay @surya kiran

Nope. :D

Like I said bro, head over to the Rafale sticky- we have been discussing this for days ;)

@PARIKRAMA @Taygibay @surya kiran

The only good out of F-16 plant in India is

1. We encourage Pakistan to order more F-16. We make more money.
2. We encourage US to gift more F-16. We make more money.

This will be the only condition where we will encourage Pakistan to order more arms. Not to mention, we can have our own bug in the plane. Even Boeing is understandable, LM is plain laughable.

Edit - Not to mention, we come online and rub it in that the PAF uses baniya made planes :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom