Insas Excalibre

insas bullpup ??

minsas

e9a7ee87214e0d9f6ba2e30f956c44b2.jpg

Indian Modern Submachine Carbine (MSMC)

It's an early INSAS CARBINE prototype now discarded

70261e59692ce026eefac1c688ba76f6.gif

whats wrong with you grey boy can't even read an article ? :disagree:

It clearly says that the rifle is Ineffective in counter-insurgency operations ! where the terrorists never bothered about evacuating their injured !

It is due to its small caliber not because of faulty design ! Even your 6.4 QBZ-97 Assault Rifle uses 5.56 mm round, would you also call in Ineffective ? :what:

Even iconic weapons like AK and M-16 have their own problems and limitations ! Stop twisting articles ...

Beckham; So what you mean all the problems below having nothing

to do with design ? Such as Overheats with continuous firing ?

The soldiers also spoke about practical difficulties in using Insas. It’s accurate but not as rugged as the AK-47 used by terrorists, they say. Also, its sling often snaps while firing, making it fall during manoeuvres. The sling also obstructs the rifle’s sight. But most of all, the size of the sling never took into account the bullet proof jacket worn by jawans. As a result, it falls short and is uncomfortable to hold. This hampers quick reaction. Insas also does not have a rapid fire feature; it shoots only three rounds in a single burst.

‘‘The barrel overheats with continuous firing. The magazine cracks even on falling, which is common during action. Oil spillage while firing is also major trouble,’’ said a source quoting soldiers. ‘‘Zeroing (adjusting the sight for aim) has to be done each time the rifle is opened to clean or for any other reason. Lack of proper zeroing hampers the working of night vision device,’’ said the same source.

:smitten::pakistan::china:

The soldiers also spoke about practical difficulties in using Insas. It’s accurate but not as rugged as the AK-47 used by terrorists, they say. Also, its sling often snaps while firing, making it fall during manoeuvres. The sling also obstructs the rifle’s sight. But most of all, the size of the sling never took into account the bullet proof jacket worn by jawans. As a result, it falls short and is uncomfortable to hold. This hampers quick reaction. Insas also does not have a rapid fire feature; it shoots only three rounds in a single burst.

‘‘The barrel overheats with continuous firing. The magazine cracks even on falling, which is common during action. Oil spillage while firing is also major trouble,’’ said a source quoting soldiers. ‘‘Zeroing (adjusting the sight for aim) has to be done each time the rifle is opened to clean or for any other reason. Lack of proper zeroing hampers the working of night vision device,’’ said the same source.

Read the article ! Those are the practical difficulties in using INSAS ! And an upgraded variant is on the way !

Don't tell me no other rifle has such problems ! I can tell you a great deal on the practical difficulties on your QBZ-97 :disagree:

‘‘The barrel overheats with continuous firing. The magazine cracks even on falling, which is common during action. Oil spillage while firing is also major trouble,’’

:what:
IF these are problems, i dont understand why they are inducting it without solution of these problems & after all IA is not mad that every now & then they complain about it

@ Beckham
Practical difficulties is one thing & design problem is another story, for the first time ever i ve heard that a rifle is having oil spillage :what:

Read the article ! Those are the practical difficulties in using INSAS ! And an upgraded variant is on the way !

Don't tell me no other rifle has such problems ! I can tell you a great deal on the practical difficulties on your QBZ-97 :disagree:

Well; If you insisted even Overheats with continuous firing was not

problem with bad design and ineffective, What can i say ? i guess i

leave for others to judge.

And if an upgraded variant is on the way, Why your army boys crying

for AK-47s ?

Strange; Insas been in service for India army for decades, wonder

why can't they wait for a little longer for the Upgraded variant ?

for AK-47s ?

Thats the question no Indian has answered yet, if INSAS is such a super rifle, we would not have been hearing any noise by IA, there are some serious issues thats why they keep on insisting for other rifles..

Well; If you insisted even Overheats with continuous firing was not

problem with bad design and ineffective, What can i say ? i guess i

leave for others to judge.

for AK-47s ?

Our 'army boys' prefer AK in counter insurgency ops ,don't you know why ? :azn:

but these lines

Insas also does not have a rapid fire feature; it shoots only three rounds in a single burst.

‘‘The barrel overheats with continuous firing. The magazine cracks even on falling, which is common during action. Oil spillage while firing is also major trouble,’’

Have got nothing to do with CI ops
They will use INSAS to injure & the take out AK to kill, come on man...
And what about body Armour, how much penetration can INSAS achieve in case of bullet proof vests.

Last edited:

Not only our Army Boys but Most of the world armies prefers AK 47.. Its proven weapon..
INSAS has problems in rapid firing but it is more accurate...
they need both, first to wound the enemy from distance :taz: then kill him using second one..:sniper:

but these lines

Insas also does not have a rapid fire feature; it shoots only three rounds in a single burst.

Have got nothing to do with CI ops

Army uses INSAS in regular combat and uses AK in CI ops ! :hitwall:

In regular combat INSAS with its higher accuracy rate than AK will only injure the enemy (due to its small caliber) so the other enemy soldiers gets engaged in helping the wounded, thus provides a tactical battlefield advantage.

In CI ops the insurgents aren't concerned about helping or evacuating the injured.Thus shooting to kill is the only option , which the AK does very well ! :devil:

Now do you think using AK has nothing to do with CI ops ? :azn:

Not only our Army Boys but Most of the world armies prefers AK 47.. Its proven weapon..
INSAS has problems in rapid firing but it is more accurate...
they need both, first to wound the enemy from distance :taz: then kill him using second one..:sniper:

INSAS is better if we want to shoot these terrorists and freedom fighters right between the eyes but rapid action is a problem. Aiming with INSAS is much easier but in such operations when army fires it shoots to kill so hear AK has advantage. And definitely army no more want to fill up cells with these insurgents so better have AK and shoot to kill

Army uses INSAS in regular combat and uses AK in CI ops ! :hitwall:

In regular combat INSAS with its higher accuracy rate than AK will only injure the enemy (due to its small caliber) so the other enemy soldiers gets engaged in helping the wounded, thus provides a tactical battlefield advantage.

In CI ops the insurgents aren't concerned about helping or evacuating the injured.Thus shooting to kill is the only option , which the AK does very well ! :devil:

Now do you think using AK has nothing to do with CI ops ? :azn:

Nopes, Injured militants can serve u well, don't u think so? :lol:
the article is saying that INSAS is being used in CI ops not AK, they want AK's
U mean INSAS, the gun which spills oil is used for regular combat :what:

& by the way have u heard of body armour, If INSAS only injures i seriously doubt if it can penetrate various grade of Teflon,
Simple to use easy to operate ak-47 THE GREAT, is all season gun & effective in almost every scenario (except may be CQB)

Last edited:
MY dear transparent bullet holder is no advantage,I ve seen a G-36, Ak-47 & M-4 Carbine & i ve even seen Taliban & Iraqi insurgents using transparent mag's

a1ed415b6e459fcc022ec40cf98f1b72.jpg

The effective range of INSAS is more than AK-47, but then there is a issue of reliability, u want a reliable, proven battle tested Ak with 8oom effective range or u want a INSAS with 1000 m effective range, which comes up with problems every one & then..

So I can Kill Enemy @ 1 Km even safely before i came into its range. This good thing,

AK47 is only good in when you want to fire bullets in large areas, like in market, or in ground ,irrespective of its accuracy. in Single shot you sprays entire bullet.

While INSAS was built keeping mind that all bullets not to be empty in single shot and accuracy is important when u taking shots on enemy and you achieve single short accuracy..

about problem, well its depends on lot of factors, like materials , time of usage, it dint mentioned in hoe much time it gets hot.

oil slippage other factor is not major one , it can be take care of.... in due time after study , what causing them...

Thats why AK47 comes into the Picture.. but Khukri can also work on wounded Militants..

the article is saying that INSAS is being used in CI ops meaning not AK, they want AK's

& by the way have u heard of body armour, If INSAS only injures i seriously doubt if it can penetrate various grade of Teflon,
Simple to use eaxy to operate ak-47 THE GREAT, is all season gun & effective in almost every scenario (except may be CQB)

kinetic energy comes into the picture here, as you know that INSAS has more range than AK47, that means more kinetic energy and that means piercing of any fabric.. hope you have got the point..

the article is saying that INSAS is being used in CI ops not AK, they want AK's

Simple to use easy to operate ak-47 THE GREAT, is all season gun & effective in almost every scenario (except may be CQB)

I think 5.56 mm can penetrate good armor also, how ever their is trade off , in AK 47 you cant have accuracy vs 5.56 mm you have accuracy to shoot in other areas where their no body armor. like head , face , legs, hands , neck..... while in AK 47 you dont have any fancy, you can only spray bullets only hope it will get it target , if not then you are dead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom