What's new

Sachin scared of me, says Shoaib Akhtar in his biography

IndoCarib

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Sachin scared of me, says Shoaib Akhtar in his biography - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: Pakistan cricket's enfant terrible Shoaib Akhtar has stirred yet another controversy, this time questioning the class and temperament of India's batting stalwarts Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.

In his just-published biography " Controversially Yours", the temperamental Pakistan speedster has accused Tendulkar of being scared to face his scorching pace on a slow Faisalabad track.

He also claimed that Tendulkar and Dravid were not match-winners nor did they know the art of finishing games.

"....Vivian Richards, Ricky Ponting, Brian Lara and the likes of them are great batsmen who dominated with the bat and were truly match-winners. Initially, when I bowled against Sachin, I found these qualities missing. He might have had more runs and records, he lacked the ability to finish the game," he said in the book, to be formally launched on Friday.

Akhtar, who announced his retirement during the World Cup this year, also cited an example where he felt that Sachin was mighty scared to face him.

"We would have faced a humbling defeat in the series but for the fact that we reined in Sachin Tendulkar.

"What went in our favour was that Sachin was suffering from tennis elbow! This severely handicapped the great batsman. We managed to psychologically browbeat him.

"We bounced the ball at him and were able to unnerve him. I returned to the dressing room that first day with the knowledge that Sachin was not comfortable facing fast and rising ball. He was distinctly uncomfortable against me. That was enough to build on", he said.

"I bowled (Sachin) a particularly fast ball which he, to my amazement didn't even touch. He walked away! That was the first time, I saw him walk away from me-- that, too, on the slow track at Faisalabad. It got my hunting instincts up and in the next match I hit him on the head and he couldn't score after that", Akhtar wrote.

The 36-year-old Akhtar, who had scalped 178 wickets in 46 Test and 247 I wickets in 163 ODIs, said that Tendulkar and Dravid who have together conjured over 56,000 international runs (over 33,000 by Tendulkar and over 23,000 by Dravid) are not "match winners".

"I think players like Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid weren't exactly match winners to start with, nor did they know the art of finishing the game," Shoaib said.

Akhtar who played for Shah Rukh Khan co-owned Kolkata Knight Riders during IPL has accused the Bollywood superstar and former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi of "cheating."

"Shahrukh and I talked about my not being happy with the money settled on me. Shahrukh and Modi got me to agree. I should have never listened to Modi and Shahrukh," he said in the book.

Akhtar also spoke at length about politics in Pakistan Cricket Board. He didn't shy away from taking a dig at two former captains Wasim Akram and Shoaib Malik.

He didn't stop short of calling Malik a "stoodge of PCB chairman Naseem Ashraf" and that's why he was made the captain.

This is like a Man throwing allegation of unworthiness over a legends who has dominated him.. He has claimed Sachin and Dravid being not match winners.. He claimed Shahrukh cheated him... He claimed the greatest fast bowler of all time, Wasim Akram of destroying his carrier..

This is nothing but trying to sell something which is unworthy with some contraversaries poured in it..

regards..

he is trying to sell his book..which after this no one is going to buy...sehwag said it right..beta beta hota hai aur bap bap hota hai..

Akhtar just want another controversy... there was no need to abuse Wasim Akram and other legends in his autobiography.

He is still a kid :angry:

Wasim is all time great and still serving the game of cricket.. He is a legend...

I can feel grapes are sour for Akthar..

Below my dignity to react to Shoaib’s comment: Sachin

shoaib_akhtar_sachin.jpg

New Delhi: Retaliating to the comment made by Shoaib Akhtar, Sachin Tendulkar has stated, "it is below my dignity to react to Shoaib’s comment".

Shoaib, in his autobiography, “Controversially Yours”, had taken a dig at the master blaster stating that Sachin was scared to face him and he is not a born match winner. He has made many other such startling revelations in his book.

Akhtar goes onto say that he intimidated master blaster Tendulkar with his delivery during the Faisalabad Test.

"I bowled (Sachin) a particularly fast ball which he, to my amazement didn`t even touch. He walked away! That was the first time I saw him walk away from me that, too, on the slow track at Faisalabad," Akhtar wrote.

"I think players like Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid weren`t exactly match winners to start with, nor did they know the art of finishing the game."

Akhar in his book also singled out former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram saying that the left-arm pacer tried to destroy his career. He cited an example where Akram threatened to pull out of the team with half the side if Shoaib found a place in the team.

About his IPL experience Shoaib also slammed KKR owner and Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan and the then IPL chairman Lalit Modi alleging that they cheated on him. He said that they got him to agree to something which he still regrets.

http://zeenews.**********/sports/cricket/below-my-dignity-to-react-to-shoaib-s-comment-sachin_729881.html

Everyone does that , or atleast every person wanting to sell his book

U should read what Adam Gilchrist or Ricky Ponting wrote in there Biography

What do you expect from a

Charasie

Chucker

Ball Tamperer

Drug addict

Gupt Rogi ( Genital warts .............yewwwwwwwwwwww........disgusting !!!!!!)

Rake in more controversy. A sure fire way to sell more books

he must have consulted MBI munshi maharaj for tips??? :P

BTW i loved the way he ended his career, his last match against new-zealand where ross taylor murdered him in his last over where he conceded more than 28 runs, the same CHUKKER was not even selected to play against India in the semis, that showed his captains and selectors confidence in his chuckking... he better shut his mouth now and concentrate on selling his (raddi) biography/autobiography?? on his miserable and controversial career.

LOOOOOOOOSER that too BIG time!!!

hahaha Sachin scared of Shoaib, someone needs to wake Shoiab up!!!!! Even Pakistani cricketers are living in delusions now lol

Back
Top Bottom