What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Its a private venture by Shenyang and not supported by PLAAF. so what do you think?
Still, I find it odd that they'd keep mum about it for so long when Chengdu is releasing so much.

1779232_468788463227317_1957294415_n.jpg

1796500_468788329893997_1348983850_n.jpg

@cirr

Why we ain't seeing the 2nd prototype of the J-31 ?

The Aircraft has considerably smallest RCS in stealth class seeing from its profile. Although it is a prototype clearly inspiration came from F-22 nothing wrong with it specially those wing tips edges should be more like F-22s. Curious how many might be built if the program continues.

I am hoping to see a new prototype soon.

I think China/Saudi/Pakistan shall JV the J3001 project, what about the proposal?

Indeed they should consider seriously because since 3001 is already flying and in testing stage, that will save them many years off if they start from scratch, and they can incorporate their air defence requirement into the final design of project of 3001. And no restriction, no kill switch, no sanction.

I think China/Saudi/Pakistan shall JV the J3001 project, what about the proposal?

Indeed they should consider seriously because since 3001 is already flying and in testing stage, that will save them many years off if they start from scratch, and they can incorporate their air defence requirement into the final design of project of 3001. And no restriction, no kill switch, no sanction.

Think of it in a wider perspective, Saudi Arabia is a pro western country. Egypt which left the Soviet sphere of influence gave access to Soviet weaponry to the USA for studying. This happened also with Soviet defector Mig-25 in Japan which gave way to the US to build the F-15. Anyway they could pass it along for the US to study hence why we should be wary of selling it to highly pro western countries.

Finally without the WS-13 engine which is still in testing the 310 project is years away, best look to Asian countries like Malaysia or Indonesia( If the KFX Project fails) for JV.

Think of it in a wider perspective, Saudi Arabia is a pro western country. Egypt which left the Soviet sphere of influence gave access to Soviet weaponry to the USA for studying. This happened also with Soviet defector Mig-25 in Japan which gave way to the US to build the F-15. Anyway they could pass it along for the US to study hence why we should be wary of selling it to highly pro western countries.

Finally without the WS-13 engine which is still in testing the 310 project is years away, best look to Asian countries like Malaysia or Indonesia( If the KFX Project fails) for JV.

I don't know about indoensia how can they even initiate KFX project when they purchased f-16s from the same country that imposed sanctions on them. I think indonesia should either join pak-fa or j-31 project the work is already in progress and not paper planes anymore. As for KSA i think credit is due where it belongs when china sold them ballistic missiles they did not disclose or invite americans so Chinese and KSA should reach some sort of deal regarding technical data/info protection. Saudis are in no hurry they are waiting on their Typhoons and F-15SA meanwhile the project can go on until it is ready into advance prototype phase.

Last edited:
I don't know about indoensia how can they even initiate KFX project when they purchased f-16s from the same country that imposed sanctions on them. I think indonesia should either join pak-fa or j-31 project the work is already in progress and not paper planes anymore. As for KSA i think credit is due where it belongs when china sold them ballistic missiles they did not disclose or invite americans so Chinese and KSA should reach some sort of deal regarding technical data/info protection. Saudis are in no hurry they are waiting on their Typhoons and F-15SA meanwhile the project can go on until it is ready into advance prototype phase.

We are talking about a stealth aircraft the US may face in the future which is as opposed to ballistic missiles that Saudi Arabia has intended for Israel and Iran. This is why I'd be more cautious about this. Saudis are also seeking interest in the F-35 after Israel acquires them the US will sell it to gulf customers.

As for Indonesia it was invited by South Korea along with Turkey to work on the KFX, I believe they signed an agreement if it fails or not 310 project would certainly be an alternative. I pointed out in my prior post it would be better for SAC to partner with Asian nations: Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand

We are talking about a stealth aircraft the US may face in the future which is as opposed to ballistic missiles that Saudi Arabia has intended for Israel and Iran. This is why I'd be more cautious about this. Saudis are also seeking interest in the F-35 after Israel acquires them the US will sell it to gulf customers.

As for Indonesia it was invited by South Korea along with Turkey to work on the KFX, I believe they signed an agreement if it fails or not 310 project would certainly be an alternative. I pointed out in my prior post it would be better for SAC to partner with Asian nations: Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand
not sure about other countries but Pakistan is probably thinking along these lines :D, plus i'm sure we can probably get a really nice package.

A very interesting picture::coffee::azn:

133436vfkfkls4ka4kakfn.jpg.thumb.jpg

Mr. Xu Dazhe,left,Vice Minister for Information Industry and Director of National Defence Science and Industry conveys greetings to 88-year old Lin Zhongtang,formerly Minister of (now defunct)Aerospace Industry

许达哲慰问航空工业老领导林宗棠

Back
Top Bottom