What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

I'll make several assumptions:
Given the engine thrust class (8~9 kN), it should be smaller & likely cheaper than J-20.
And as sluggish as the F-35, and a lower range because two engines take up more space and leave less space for fuel.

The difference between this and J-20 is going to be similar to the difference between Fulcrum and Flanker, two very similar looking jets different in size. While the larger Flanker went onto become one of the most successful jet fighters in terms of export, the Fulcrum failed because it didn't have the range for a satisfactory role.

And as sluggish as the F-35, and a lower range because two engines take up more space and leave less space for fuel.

The difference between this and J-20 is going to be similar to the difference between Fulcrum and Flanker, two very similar looking jets different in size. While the larger Flanker went onto become one of the most successful jet fighters in terms of export, the Fulcrum failed because it didn't have the range for a satisfactory role.
Actually the F-35 were running away from the f-16 on military power, the F-16 had to keep up with their afterburner.

Oh, man Korean is just too smart. He's like the smartest person in the world! You have hundreds of Chinese engineers working on this project (who more than probably know about the MiG-29 and Su-27) and Korean's just like, "Nope, totally futile. I know more than all of you put together and I can see 20 years into the future with 100% confidence!" LOL

Seriously, I see lots of aerodynamic improvements to this machine. I see it as merging a lot of the airframe designs of the F-22 to complement the faults of the F-35. This, in my opinion, is the F-35 done right. No need for the giant vertical fan in the chest opens up a myriad of improvement opportunities for fuel capacity, weapons bay design, etc... If anything, I think it will serve along the J-20 as successfully as the F-16 alongside the F-15. That's what I think at the moment, but if the PLAN/ PLAAF decides to reject the aircraft for development into a Chinese platform, then I'd be wrong.

Korean, if you're half as much of a hot-shot as you think you are, you should work on the KFX in Korea. If they don't take you, then maybe consider that someone else out there, say, the actual designers of stealth jets, may know better than you. It's a possibility.

Actually the F-35 were running away from the f-16 on military power, the F-16 had to keep up with their afterburner.

I find that hard to believe, the F-16 on afterburner is hitting supersonic speed quite fast. The F-35 does not have supercruise which is mach without afterburner. Unless you speak about acceleration.

Oh, man Korean is just too smart. He's like the smartest person in the world! You have hundreds of Chinese engineers working on this project (who more than probably know about the MiG-29 and Su-27) and Korean's just like, "Nope, totally futile. I know more than all of you put together and I can see 20 years into the future with 100% confidence!" LOL

Seriously, I see lots of aerodynamic improvements to this machine. I see it as merging a lot of the airframe designs of the F-22 to complement the faults of the F-35. This, in my opinion, is the F-35 done right. No need for the giant vertical fan in the chest opens up a myriad of improvement opportunities for fuel capacity, weapons bay design, etc... If anything, I think it will serve along the J-20 as successfully as the F-16 alongside the F-15. That's what I think at the moment, but if the PLAN/ PLAAF decides to reject the aircraft for development into a Chinese platform, then I'd be wrong.

Korean, if you're half as much of a hot-shot as you think you are, you should work on the KFX in Korea. If they don't take you, then maybe consider that someone else out there, say, the actual designers of stealth jets, may know better than you. It's a possibility.
So you deride him and put yourself in his place -- expert -- in one post. :lol:

And you support one over the other based purely on their nationality. Makes you the better man right?
Prove it. I challenged everyone. I criticized our Korean member on what he said as 'flaws' and 'defects' on the F-35 in this discussion. I challenged Russian and Indian claims on the PAK in past discussions elsewhere. Whereas all you Chinese boys tripped over each other in 'Thank' for posts that have no technical merits whatsoever.

I find that hard to believe, the F-16 on afterburner is hitting supersonic speed quite fast. The F-35 does not have supercruise which is mach without afterburner. Unless you speak about acceleration.
Hold on I am digging through the unclassified F-35 Flight tests :) may take a while.

Prove it. I challenged everyone. I criticized our Korean member on what he said as 'flaws' and 'defects' on the F-35 in this discussion. I challenged Russian and Indian claims on the PAK. Whereas all you Chinese boys tripped over each other in 'Thank' for posts that have no technical merits whatsoever.

Heres the problem. When you challenge non Chinese its on technical details with a thoughtful and straight up answer. When its Chinese you use one liners and use racial bias that such as "all you Chinese boys tripped over each other in 'Thank' for posts that have no technical merits whatsoever". Ironic thing is I don't thank anyone.

You like it when I add Vietnamese boys tripping over each other with their agent orange addled minds quoting the same google pics and articles dozens of times? Sad that your actually intelligent compared to the other Vietnamese here. Thats not even a compliment if you've seen the others.

Found one acceptable source.

JSF Jocks

But I fear the engine Bypass is too big though
I think that the f-16s has a faster acceleration though.

IF you prove me wrong though I will listen and learn.

So you deride him and put yourself in his place -- expert -- in one post. :lol:

No, Gambit, I didn't throw a bunch of scientific crap out there that I don't know. I based my idea on that it looks like a fusion between F-22 and F-35 and we all "know" F-22 is aerodynamically superior to the F-35. I'm also basing it on the reasoning that since the Chinese have the F-35 plans, they could have copied it very very closely or exactly, but chose to modify it. You know it's not a copyright issue cus the Chinese don't care how pissed people get. They copied the Flanker exactly and just didn't care what Russia had to say. But they changed this design from the F-35 (not too much the front portion but the side-view is significantly different from the F-35 and more closely resembles the F-22), and as common sense dictates, you wouldn't change something to make it worse, only to make it better. Using logic, not crazy complicated physics principles that I'm sure the designers know much better than me and you.

Heres the problem. When you challenge non Chinese its on technical details with a thoughtful and straight up answer.
Because most of them have no problems being challenged. Most, not all. They realized that based upon the manner that I challenged their claims and/or perceptions, which I presented logically and with impeccable sources, I may know what I am talking about. In return, they treated me with reasonable respect.

When its Chinese you use one liners and use racial bias that such as "all you Chinese boys tripped over each other in 'Thank' for posts that have no technical merits whatsoever".
Because you Chinese boys proved to be what you are: Juvenile delinquents. You cannot stand being challenged and when you (not YOU) were challenged, you behaved like juvenile delinquents. You earned my hostility.

Ironic thing is I don't thank anyone.
This is not just about you but the lot of you.

You like it when I add Vietnamese boys tripping over each other with their agent orange addled minds quoting the same google pics and articles dozens of times?
I am here as an American. When you used 'Agent Orange' you insult the Viets who are here for Viet Nam, not me.

Sad that your actually intelligent...
My motorcycle give me more of an intellectual challenge than all the Chinese members here -- COMBINED.

No, Gambit, I didn't throw a bunch of scientific crap out there that I don't know. I based my idea on that it looks like a fusion between F-22 and F-35 and we all "know" F-22 is aerodynamically superior to the F-35. I'm also basing it on the reasoning that since the Chinese have the F-35 plans, they could have copied it very very closely or exactly, but chose to modify it. You know it's not a copyright issue cus the Chinese don't care how pissed people get. They copied the Flanker exactly and just didn't care what Russia had to say. But they changed this design from the F-35 (not too much the front portion but the side-view is significantly different from the F-35 and more closely resembles the F-22), and as common sense dictates, you wouldn't change something to make it worse, only to make it better. Using logic, not crazy complicated physics principles that I'm sure the designers know much better than me and you.
If you concede that one should not make assumptions based upon ignorance and no experience, then what I highlighted you should not assume, either.

In designing an aircraft, its aerodynamics are tightly dependent upon the available propulsion technology. So at face value, yes, you would change to improve, but in aviation, if you do not have engine to match what you copied, your design will fail.

Well, if you don't assume ANYTHING, it's quite impossible to have any kind of conversation at all. You're assuming it's not photoshop. You're assuming the engines aren't next generation engines that look like RD-93 but produce 400kN each. You have to make reasonable assumptions. Assuming that you change something to make it better is completely reasonable.

And everyone's sick of you acting like you know it all. It's possible you know more than the other people here (or not), but quite frankly, that's not saying a lot because no one here knows nearly enough to slam a professional design like the PAK FA, F-35, J-20, Raptor, this thing, etc... If you were good enough to give it constructive criticism, you'd be working on a jet, not go off on some forum. The people who designed a stealth fighter a specific way did it for a reason, and if you took 1 look and thought it was completely stupid, it's probably because you know so little about that airplane you couldn't begin to comprehend the issues taken into consideration. You don't know jack squat. Keep your radar-deflecting diagrams and garbage to yourself. Or take it to Shenyang and show them that and some Chinese uber nerd will throw in your face a 200 page equation just for calculating the shape of the seat and then you'll know how much you don't know.

I'm here to see new pics of the thing and to hear factual news (it took off today, things like that) and not how people who don't know jack squat but think they're among the top 10 geniuses in the world rant about what they think they understand about designing stealth jets. You think you're issuing a challenge and other people are failing to meet your standards? Yeah, everybody on the internet thinks that way. You think other people are delinquents? They all think you're a delinquent. Welcome to the internet. You're trolling just like everyone else except you troll with bs diagrams and pretend to know things.

Back
Top Bottom