What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Don't tell me it's still the old Russian crap....
Those bastards working in the 6
Don't tell me it's still the old Russian crap....
They should eat sh&t, a bunch of idiot. Maybe WS13 also smoke, who knows? Every time I see our fellow members boast how advanced our engine is, my heart is bleeding.

who wants bet? this thing might be flying over European skies`````:cheesy:
I think no

Long way to go.

贵发到底行不行啊?这个东西为什么不放在南面搞?比如成发?

The only turbo fan engine being successful until now is WS10 series, others are unknown.

@Sinopakfriend maybr we shall finance PAF to get EJ200 for JF17, so that we can study it.

For God sake, do something. Maybe WS15 down-scale version is more realistic.

They should eat sh&t, a bunch of idiot. Maybe WS13 also smoke, who knows? Every time I see our fellow members boast how advanced our engine is, my heart is bleeding.

I think no

Long way to go.

The only turbo fan engine being successful until now is WS10 series, others are unknown.

@Sinopakfriend maybr we shall finance PAF to get EJ200 for JF17, so that we can study it.

Patience, Patience, my brother.

Patience = Virtue

I believe when you will hear the news of PAC getting ToT for local Chinese engine production you will go mad with joy.

Soon, soon...

Regarding J31 all signs are that the project has PRC backing and its not going to go waste at all.

However, CAC has been working on single engine stealth fighter for some time now and some PAC involvement was also noted.. could be an evolution of J10 or a new redical design.

Again Patience...good things to those who wait.

One thing I can say with certainty about China is: Never underestimate the Chinese...they might fail a thousand times...but they never give up.

As I have said before PAC will build a Chinese origin stealth fighter for PAF. Also PAC will collaborate with TAI on TFX.

When seen through strategic glasses it is win-win-win paradigm.

You take care!

I think no

Long way to go.

FGS , Engines like M-88 , EJ-200 are made for twin engine fighters. Most of the times , engines of twin engine fighters have smaller radius overall compared to normal single engine fighter's engines like WS-13 , WS-10 , RD-93. EJ200 cant fit into thunder due to its wayy smaller diameter. It will require major airframe modification which in turn will turn thunder into flying crap. BTW WS-15 is the only chinese engine which is mature and world class. Rest all need time.

Maybe WS13 also smoke, who knows? Every time I see our fellow members boast how advanced our engine is, my heart is bleeding.
Only chinese engine which is world class and mature is WS-15 , It has no match in china. Rest all need time. WS-15's new core made in 2006 even amazed russia. WS-13 isnt smoky i guess

If I were 611, I will go for single engine WS15 solution(same as F35). 611 has no chance to win unless they can use single engine design. Cause the current dual engine solution of 601 has been very matured.

The thrust of WS15 is 18 tons. Let say if the future we can have advanced medium thrust engine with 10 tons thrust, then 2 of it will produce 20 tons of thrust. But we have to count in the weight factors and the space we have to waste for dual engine compared with single engine! With the breakthrough of WS15 engine, single engine solution for onboard stealthy fighter will be plausible!

Per strategic and competitive consideration, I think we shall give then navy contract to SAC 601. But I feel goosebump about the possible single engine solution of 611.

To be honest, J20 is the real trump card. It's not easy to design a navy version 5gen easily outclass F35C.

That's why I always say the engine development must come years ahead of the design of a fighter jet!

I hope AVIC can come up with a down-scale version of WS15 with 12 tons of thrust! Then 601's FC31 will be a huge success.

Lord bless China.

Or we can also also apply the magnitude blade technology innovation on the development of new Medium thrust turbofan engine.

We need a medium thrust engine with 12:1 thrust to weight ratio.

I will be comparatively safe to operate on the high sea with dual engine fighter.

I give my judgement: 601 will win the contract.

611 has to concentrate in churn out J20 and J10c/d. No time to spare on medium weight stealthy fighter further.
611 still has enough time...they performed the j20 program in a timespan of 8 years and now its serving. 3rd and 4th carrier still have many years to become operational. If 611 exposes there program now and if it wins the bid , then i can safely assume that j31 has lost all grounds... BTW what is magnitude blade tech?

I highly doubt so. Despite an export item. There is retain some secrecy which will reserve for friendly nation only.
how do you define friendly? and also FC-31 is not J-20, aiming international market was one of its initial objectives, and the chances of it entering PLAAF are very thin````

I think no

Long way to go.

well 'they' have met few Europeans `````` who knows what they were talking about```

as far as I know, there are cooperations to some extend with Western countries when this project was started````win-win cooperations````CATIA···Rooster```Oops have I said too much?:cheesy:

Patience, Patience, my brother.

However, CAC has been working on single engine stealth fighter for some time now and some PAC involvement was also noted.. could be an evolution of J10 or a new redical design.

You take care!
No` PLAAF has no plan for single engine stealth fighter`````Yes` if you are talking about some export versions (but not strickly 5th gen)````

:-)

FC-31V2 dimension estimations.jpg

Oh my bad, someone sent me in a email, haven't really checking on it since its said a V1

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom