What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

China International General Aviation Convention (CIGAC) is held every two years (odd number years) at Pucheng Neifu Airport.

The event is always held in mid-October.
hthftGx.png

However, the Google Earth image that contains the mystery aircraft is dated 12/16/2015, two months after the end of CIGAC 2015.
xke8lEr.jpg

The next CIGAC will be in October 2017.

Assuming the mystery aircraft is a mockup...
Do we have any evidence that a F-22 look-alike mockup was put on display at CIGAC 2015?
Why is a military mockup needed at a general aviation convention?
Why is the mockup still parked on the apron two months after the event?

Also a full-scale mockup of this size will require trucks for transportation to and from the airport.
9EZROFs.jpg

Surely, someone must have seen something?

Let me put two Google Earth shots side by side.

F-22s at Langley AFB.
vIenakf.jpg

J-XX at Pucheng Neifu Airport.
3x6bLCQ.jpg

Map scale has been equalized.

My conclusions:

1. The J-XX is smaller than the F-22.
2. Planforms are similar but not the same.
3. The paint color is completely different.

Let me be clear, I don't know if this thing is a real plane or a mockup. I'm simply saying it's not a replica of the F-22.

My conclusions:

Let me be clear, I don't know if this thing is a real plane or a mockup. I'm simply saying it's not a replica of the F-22.

Sorry, but it has not. Just compare both eye-altitudes and You see the F-22 has an altitude of 146 ft whereas the new model is spotted from an altitude of 1365 ft.

Even more they are so close to another in nearly all details that I would simply ignore colour effects (due to lightning ?) and most of all, all other arguments simply speak against a new secret stealth type !

I think we should stay rationale ...

Let me put two Google Earth shots side by side.

F-22s at Langley AFB.
vIenakf.jpg

3x6bLCQ.jpg

My conclusions:

is that a new 5th gen fighter or a second prototype of the j31

Waiting for more news and confirmations.... If it is not a mock up then indeed a great development.

Seems to incorporate DSIs

Sir.. any news about development of FC-31, it has been a while heard about it?

I guess it's a L-15
L-15.jpg

xke8lEr.jpg

L15_(17810345710).jpg

My conclusions:

Last edited:
... and how to explain the difference in dimensions the difference in the number of tails ???

The dark green is CJ-6 trainer which has wingspan 10.22m . The suspect has even narrower wingspan ( L15 is 9.48m ) , while F-22's is 13.56m.

The significant gap to the horizontal stabilizers in the shadow ( and look careful in the shadow you should realise the single vertical stabilizer ).

You saw the F-22 horizontal stabilizers in the shadow not the vertical. And it's nearly close to the wings in F-22 case.

I guess that's the zone of trainers.

Full%2Bsize%2Breplica%2BF-22%2BRaptor%2Bat%2BPucheng%2BNeifu%2BGA%2Bairport.Not%2B1st%2BUSAF%2Baircraft%2Bin%2BChina%2B1.jpg

1515.jpg

By shadow, sometime F16 looks like Gen 5

165502991-twelve-planes-silhouettes-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if You are blind ... but You really do not see the two tails !??? ... You really do not see that this is a much larger model that exactly matches a Raptor ???

... anyway ....

xxxxxxxxx.jpg

The dark green is CJ-6 trainer which has wingspan 10.22m . The suspect has even narrower wingspan ( L15 is 9.48m ) , while F-22's is 13.56m.

The significant gap to the horizontal stabilizers in the shadow ( and look careful in the shadow you should realise the single vertical stabilizer ).

You saw the F-22 horizontal stabilizers in the shadow not the vertical. And it's nearly close to the wings in F-22 case.

Full%2Bsize%2Breplica%2BF-22%2BRaptor%2Bat%2BPucheng%2BNeifu%2BGA%2Bairport.Not%2B1st%2BUSAF%2Baircraft%2Bin%2BChina%2B1.jpg

1515.jpg

By shadow, sometime F16 looks like Gen 5

165502991-twelve-planes-silhouettes-gettyimages.jpg
are you ok? im starting to worry about you lad.

Not sure if You are blind ... but You really do not see the two tails !??? ... You really do not see that this is a much larger model that exactly matches a Raptor ???

Hmm??? The FC-31 also has two fins, two tails... I really think it's a new J-31 prototype. And I don't think you should go by pixel count. Pixels don't have a fixed size. The aircraft is smaller than you think.

The cockpit and nose are too small compared to the Raptor. And the inlet is shaped pretty much like the J-31 TDs. So yeah, it is a new J-31/FC-31 prototype.

It's just covered in silver-grey paint.

My argument was to related to this post by BoQ77 ! Sorry for that misunderstanding ...

Even more since there's another mistake in Your argument:

This CJ-6 You mention is in fact a Y-5 transport with a span of 14,24 m ... so just a bit less than a Raptor's span !

As such regardless of all similarities and in all honour to Your enthusiasm, just consider where it is found and how much more similar it is - esp. in its details & dimensions - to a Raptor.

I would say it is even more likely a defector, who escaped from Japan or Korea (not sure were the latest Raptor deployment just was) but a new Chinese stealth fighter.

Deino;)

Not sure if You are blind ...

I wish I were blind to avoid reading this from you.

Your point is good, I didn't focus on 2 layers of wing on the An-2 variant.

But I'm still doubtful about the vertical fin, look at the shadow at top-left, what it could be.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom