What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Here's my guess.

1. The J-20 is a large interceptor/striker powered by the WS-15 (and AL-31FN Series 3 as an interim solution). The J-20 will be flying at supersonic speeds at high altitudes in a straight line. It doesn't matter what engines it's using. Thrust to weight ratio only matters if you maneuver in a dogfight and slow down.

2. The FC-31 is a purely export plane like the FC-1, powered by RD-93. The PLAAF has never operated any planes with the RD-93, so why would they begin now?

3. This silver J-XX is the real stealth fighter. If Deino's size estimate is correct and this mystery fighter is about the same size as the F-22, that would make it perfect for WS-10. Virtually all of the PLAAF's fighter aircraft (Flanker clones and J-10 family) use the WS-10. It would make logistical sense to also have the stealth fighter use the same engine.

A J-31 or F-22-look alike spotted ... but not at SAC !!!
View attachment 292713
The size looks more like a F-35
20120712102704830.jpg
181427_936.jpg

Here's my guess.

1. The J-20 is a large interceptor/striker powered by the WS-15 (and AL-31FN Series 3 as an interim solution). The J-20 will be flying at supersonic speeds at high altitudes in a straight line. It doesn't matter what engines it's using. Thrust to weight ratio only matters if you maneuver in a dogfight and slow down.

2. The FC-31 is a purely export plane like the FC-1, powered by RD-93. The PLAAF has never operated any planes with the RD-93, so why would they begin now?

3. This silver J-XX is the real stealth fighter. If Deino's size estimate is correct and this mystery fighter is about the same size as the F-22, that would make it perfect for WS-10. Virtually all of the PLAAF's fighter aircraft (Flanker clones and J-10 family) use the WS-10. It would make logistical sense to also have the stealth fighter use the same engine.

1. No, ... the J-20 is from all we know a fully fledged 5. generation FIGHTER !

2. YES

3. No, see my post below and if it is of the size of a Raptor, esp. then a WS-10 does not make sense similar to the AL-31 - only as an interim - since it then would require the same WS-15 finally ... making it a direct competitor for the J-20.

Guys ... this thing can't be any real thing. It's a civil general aviation airport, far away from all possible manufactors ...

The size looks more like a F-35

No, the size is surely close to a Raptor !

J-31 look-alike at Pucheng Neifu Airport - 17.12.15 size.jpg

My guess: Chinese has made a F-22 model.
Possiblily, test a F-22 model RCS and provide useful data to improve PLA's anti-aircraft capacity.
Anyways China AVIC has power & equipments to test RCS of stealth fighter.

But why assemble a full-scale, non-flying model/mockup at a tiny obscure airport such as this?

T3Sl3yK.jpg

If this model/mockup is intended for a nearby aviation expo or theme park, why not assemble it at the actual site?

If this model/mockup is intended for RCS testing, is there any evidence that RCS testing ever occurred at this small airport? Do they even have the equipment or facilities to do RCS testing at this location?

The big question for me is...why does a non-flying mockup need to show up at an airport to begin with? Furthermore, why is it parked on the apron with the other aircraft if it's a mockup?

WcUFok6.jpg

We've seen plenty of mockups in China before.

RNlf87B.jpg

In the above example, the J-10A mockup is built on grass and surrounded by flowers. It's purely for decorative purposes. I doubt it was ever built at an airport.

It's not even a good replica of the F-22.

The leading edges of the F-22's main wing and inlet have identical sweep angles. The mystery plane has different leading edge sweep angles.

Vlh274W.jpg

Also the nose and cockpit area of the mystery plane is too short relative to the rest of the aircraft.

The paint color is all wrong. It has that shiny silver look the J-20 has. The F-22 has more of a grayish color.

It's not even a good replica of the F-22.

The leading edges of the F-22's main wing and inlet have identical sweep angles. The mystery plane has different leading edge sweep angles.

Vlh274W.jpg

Also the nose and cockpit area of the mystery plane is too short relative to the rest of the aircraft.

The paint color is all wrong. It has that shiny silver look the J-20 has. The F-22 has more of a grayish color.

It could be redesigned J-31, model of which was displayed in air show in China.

IMG_7168-j31-cover-700x369.jpg

I'm just eyeballing a lot of this but...

I think the leading edge sweep angles of the main wing and horizontal stabilizer are the same.

LkiV7sN.jpg

The sweep angle of the leading edge of the inlet and trailing edge of the opposite main wing are the same.

6raLQVZ.jpg

This is an awful lot of detail for an amateur project...

Um3RkZf.jpg

Guys ... I really appreciate Your enthusiasm, but You should stay rationale !

This can't be the no. 02 FC-31 since it is too big, has a completely different platform (aka exactly the F-22's), it is spotted on a civil GA-airport far, far away from Shenyang ... so forget it.

Deino

Maybe Raptor entered chinese air space and was forced to land :bounce:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom