What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

IMO not, just compare the engine's diameters: the RD-33/-93 is a medium weigh turbofan with a smaller diameter than the current AL-31FN as used by the J-20.
Since we know from the J-15 prototypes, that AL-31F and WS-10A are interchangeable it can be assumed that with the WS-15 having similar dimensions like the AL-31F it will also share similar dimensions to the WS-10. That does not count for the RD-93.

Deino

IMO not, just compare the engine's diameters: the RD-33/-93 is a medium weigh turbofan with a smaller diameter than the current AL-31FN as used by the J-20.
Since we know from the J-15 prototypes, that AL-31F and WS-10A are interchangeable it can be assumed that with the WS-15 having similar dimensions like the AL-31F it will also share similar dimensions to the WS-10. That does not count for the RD-93.

Deino

It also depends on the space available inside the aircraft for the engine. You can fit a smaller cylinder into a space for a larger one, but not the other way around.

Yes, but only to a certain limit. Otherwise You need a redesign and that's what would be necessary if You try to put the WS-10 or AL-31F with their larger diameter into the current RD-33/-93; it simply won't fit.

Just relax ! China won't export any stealth fighter with Russia engines, only WS-13 for FC-31.

194707l8d98zgwxx36db3g.jpg

But again like I already said here (SAC FC-31 Stealth Aircraft Development| News & Discussions. | Page 98) ... is the WS-13 still alive ???

So far I know nearly nothing but rumours, I know not a single image .. ???
Right now i can't answer ur question, coz i also didn't see the pic yet. Only official news about FC-31 chief engineer told Chinese media, FC-31 export will install domesitc jet engines and FC-31 price is about 75million USD. That's all i knew here, if Chinese including FC-31 chief engineer didn't brag on 2014 ZhuHai Air Show =).

【总师称FC-31将配中国发动机 传巴基斯坦需求强烈】FC-31鹘鹰的总设计师孙聪透露,未来的FC-31不仅只是具有“中国制造”的外形,还将装上一颗“中国心”。有分析指出,未来鹘鹰的价格约为7500万美元。面对未来印度装备俄罗斯T-50的压力,巴基斯坦对“鹘鹰”具备最强烈的现实需求。总师称歼31将配中国发动机 传巴基斯坦需求强烈|中东|歼31|空军_新浪军事

I trust AVIC & FC-31 chief engineer ... when i saw the pic before on internet, at least China had spent years to R&D some thrust-vectored engines. In China no news is the good news, not like the Indian news of India official DRDO to abandon Kaveri project out, that's truely a sad news (although Indian r optimistic to such tragedy) ... LOL ! :pop:

000603wb65xid6ibpidmei.jpg

Last edited:
With AL-31FN it would be a direct competitor to the J-20 and simply become a heavy fighter ... as such it would "fight" for the same resources, its prospects to be exported would diminish (the marked for a heavy fighter is simply too small) ... and it could not even form a complement for the J-20 as a high-low mix for the PLAAF/PLANAF.

Deino

AL-31FN wouldn't be a bit too big for this jet?

Engine is not as big an issue as some would make it to be。

China is fast-gaining in the engine department and catching up with the advanced nations。

Things take a little time to mature。So relax boys and gals。Wait a few more years and all shall be fine。

66.jpg

近来有八股爆料沈飞在制造新一代多用途飞机主要是面向国外市场.据猜测这很可能说的是今年准备首飞的中型四代机.定位有点像中国的F35.未来会装备两个图中的先进中推发动机.首飞很可能先用WS13A顶着.

4 generation jet mainly for exporting will be a bit like Chinese F35 in the future will be equipped " advanced middle thrust engine". First flight is likely to use WS13A instead.

先进中推原先就是国家主导的发展项目,现在也需要项目拉动,否则就废了。先进中推的后继发展还关系到轻型战斗机(枭龙魔改)和为四代服务的高级教练机,将来发展的洲际公务机,隐身长航时无人机,可以说前途无量!

Development of middle thrust jet is China national interest , keenly needed which related to subsequent development of lightweight fighter (Xiaolong magic change= jf17 pro++) and senior coach for the four generation service machine, intercontinental corporate aircraft, stealth long endurance UAV, it can be said that the future is very bright!

Last edited:
there is little imfromation about Chinese middel thrust jet, you can see in the difference btween the pictures:
View attachment 154428 View attachment 154429 View attachment 154430 View attachment 154431
The 1st pic is awesome, is that China advanced middile thrust jet prototype ? It's very GOOD, no doubt i believe before 2020 our FC-31 will install domestic advanced middle thrust jets. Just this pic have answered many questions here, yes now FC-31's engine under developing and by the pic it seems everything is FINE !!

Next years the good news will come, Indian to abandon Kaveri jet engine but Chinese keep going ahead of India.

This is a beautiful advanced middle thrust jet engine... LOL!!! :china:(Hope not leak our secret,bro.)
untitled.jpg

Last edited:
The 1st pic is awesome, is that China advanced middile thrust jet prototype ? It's very GOOD, no doubt i believe before 2020 our FC-31 will install domestic advanced middle thrust jets. Just this pic have answered many questions here, yes now FC-31's engine under developing and by the pic it seems everything is FINE !!

Next years the good news will come, Indian to abandon Kaveri jet engine but Chinese keep going ahead of India.

This is a beautiful advanced middle thrust jet engine... LOL!!! :china:(Hope not leak our secret,bro.)
View attachment 154458

sorry , this is US f404.

there is not much information about Chinese middle thrust engine.
in many ways, engine technology level in China is a military secret.

however, many types of jets are under RD is certain, and will appear gradually in the near future. i added f404 and ej200 to say that the chinese new middle thrust turbofan will at the level as these two at least.

the mid-thrust engines have already started initial production to replace RD-93

and WS-15 is in progress (not much info i can get from my sources)

the lessons form JF-17 is very vivid, China will make sure any future planes we export will have our own engine```

here is a bit juce :
an interview done during Zhuhai Air Show
a staff from Institution 606 (606 is in charge of developing WS-10 and other upgraded versions), confirmed, the latest WS-10 has max 14Kn thrust, and the older version has service life time of 1500hrs
and been asked how many years behind U.S in terms of 4th gen engine, he said less than 10 years```(I am skeptical about this claim as F-119 matured around 1997, and I dont have any specs about WS-15 and its stage of progress)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom