What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

I've heard it can carry only 4 AAMs in internal bays. Isn't that too low? I thought only f-35 had
this problem. PAK-FA carries 8 AAMs in internal bays. In the end PAKFA with 8 weapons in internal bays will turn out stealthier in actual combat than J-31 carrying external weapons. And btw, it seems J-31 has 2 x RD-93/33 engines, won't its TWR
be too low with those? No supercruising either and no IRST.

And in a dogfight PAKFA can manoeuver the hell out of J-31. New missiles like RVV-SD and RVV-MD
to be installed on both Super Sukhoi and FGFA can take out targets in off-boresight manoevering at 12g.

I'd say PAF would be making a foolish decision if it buys J-31, this plane looks like a waste of money
in comparison to FGFA/PAKFA. It seems any Super Sukhoi will make mince meat out of J-31, Rafale
will find it uber-easy to play around with this new-build mig-29 before killing it.

You're better off with a stealthy variant of JF-17 or J-10...and btw,
any new progress of FC-20 deal? Ive been hearing about this FC-20 since last 3 years or more.

I honestly don't know how to respond to your post (and many of your countrymen's posts for instance). You guys put bullshitt beyond shame. Post like these remind me what you guys did to the American economy and jobs!!

Half of your post if about a mighty jet fighter that barely gotten off the paper into a first proof of concept. Yet, you are claiming how superior PakFa and FgFa may be??? Do you want to wait till they become operational so you can compare apples to apples?
Also, the J-20, J-31 are using tech that's in American stealth fighters (Chinese gained access to American stealth technologies, it was in news so you should know about it). So for better or worse, the Chinese may have a competitive advantage over anyone else besides the US. However, how well they can copy...is another question. But their industry is definitely at the same level as the Russians is at this second (minus the jet propulsion / engines technologies). So on paper and per specs, the J-20 and J-31 should be a direct match to the F-22 and F-35 (I'd imagine 75% match at the most, still not bad for the Chinese defense industry who was lagging behind crazy). So my advise to you is, instead of coming off as a total idiot, try to post some sense or do rational comparisons. At least something from the gibberish written in your post should makes sense.

China has made huge progress regarding indeginous engine, who can tell me what is the engine type packed on J20? Definitely not WS-10A, not AF-31. What is it?

see? again trolling instead of argueing.

and lemme tell you that 1 PAKFA can destroy the entire PAF in a single 7-hour sortie with a never-ending
supply of R77s and R73s...well now thats fanboyism. Im a fanboy with some quality in posts.

I argued some real points but all your 3700+ posts dont weigh as much as my 1 post #27. or so i think.

no im not a clerk...but what are you still doing under my bed? ya better stop ridiculous replies,
just post some credible argument against the points ive raised or just...:)
IAF will be snub by PLAAF and PAF, J20 will annhailate PAKFA anytime at anywhere, These two types not in the same class.

and lemme tell you that 1 PAKFA can destroy the entire PAF in a single 7-hour sortie with a never-ending
supply of R77s and R73s
...well now thats fanboyism. Im a fanboy with some quality in posts.

I argued some real points but all your 3700+ posts dont weigh as much as my 1 post #27. or so i think.

no im not a clerk...but what are you still doing under my bed? ya better stop ridiculous replies,
Never ending supply is only exist in the fancy story.......At time of war, India weapon supply from abroad won't chase up the speed of consumption, finally leads to collapse. I could figure this out only by a$$.

J-10B, J-11B, J-15 and J-16 are not Chinese built aircrafts? That's news to me.

J-10B, J-11B, J-15 and J-16 are not Chinese built aircrafts? That's news to me.
It's just sour grape mentality showing their fear, just put him on your ignore list.

You're trying to show PAK-FA as some extraordinary fighter when its not even half of that....Thats why I corrected you... Too much fanboyism is not good.

And Im pretty sure you're a cash register clerk...
My brother, PAKFA is the last straw that Indian could grasp to save their sorry A$$. Unfortunately, that straw is not that secure as they think.

supply of R77s and R73s...well now thats fanboyism. Im a fanboy with some quality in posts.

The bold part is called trolling, PAKFA sold to India is just a waterdown version of So called Russian 5 gen rip-off demonstrator. Just dont bet too much stake on it, otherwise you will fall and get a nasty knock.

Its too early to say what exact internal loadout would be.

We dont need J31! We need to focus on coming out with JF17 block 2 and then hopefully Block 3 with a few stealth features. That would be the most appropriate action for our air force. Running for J31 is just wishful thinking. We are better off thinking about F-35.

I honestly don't know how to respond to your post (and many of your countrymen's posts for instance). You guys put bullshitt beyond shame. Post like these remind me what you guys did to the American economy and jobs!!

Half of your post if about a mighty jet fighter that barely gotten off the paper into a first proof of concept. Yet, you are claiming how superior PakFa and FgFa may be??? Do you want to wait till they become operational so you can compare apples to apples?
Also, the J-20, J-31 are using tech that's in American stealth fighters (Chinese gained access to American stealth technologies, it was in news so you should know about it). So for better or worse, the Chinese may have a competitive advantage over anyone else besides the US. However, how well they can copy...is another question. But their industry is definitely at the same level as the Russians is at this second (minus the jet propulsion / engines technologies). So on paper and per specs, the J-20 and J-31 should be a direct match to the F-22 and F-35 (I'd imagine 75% match at the most, still not bad for the Chinese defense industry who was lagging behind crazy). So my advise to you is, instead of coming off as a total idiot, try to post some sense or do rational comparisons. At least something from the gibberish written in your post should makes sense.

Chinese gained access to American stealth technologies? Don't write the craps that you have no clue about! J-31 may have some similarity in shape with whatever you mentioned but those are not secrets.

You lazy and fat Americans should never complain others robbing your jobs. You deserve it.

You're trying to show PAK-FA as some extraordinary fighter when its not even half of that....Thats why I corrected you... Too much fanboyism is not good.

And Im pretty sure you're a cash register clerk...
That's rich coming from you guys! "Too much fanboyism"!! What and jumping up and down at the mere thought of the J-31 for the PAF isn't? Not a single source has said the PAF will get 5th gen fighters for some time, the J-31/20 still have to prove they are anything more than cool looking shells, and they have just started their testing/devlopment programs they are atleast a decade away from being anywhere near production ready.

The bold part is called trolling, PAKFA sold to India is just a waterdown version of So called Russian 5 gen rip-off demonstrator. Just dont bet too much stake on it, otherwise you will fall and get a nasty knock.

Nonsesne- the FGFA (Indian version of the PAK-FA) will be more advanced than the Russian standard PAK-FA. I don't know where you are getting your facts from but you should do some basic research before you start spouting nonsense. And how is the PAK-FA a rip-off??

China has made huge progress regarding indeginous engine, who can tell me what is the engine type packed on J20? Definitely not WS-10A, not AF-31. What is it?

IAF will be snub by PLAAF and PAF, J20 will annhailate PAKFA anytime at anywhere, These two types not in the same class.
How are the J-20 and PAK-FA in different classes? And I genuinly belive the IAF Rafales will be a handful for the J20/31 let alone a the PROPER 5th gen fighters like PAF-FA/F-22.

My brother, PAKFA is the last straw that Indian could grasp to save their sorry A$$. Unfortunately, that straw is not that secure as they think.

And what does that mean oh great Oracle? You seem to think you can see into the future-what does your magical eye foresee??

The Chinese aerospace industery is just not up to the same level as the West and Russia. Now the J-20/31 might look all nice and stealthy but what really gives a 5th gen fighter an edge is avionics,sensor fusion,EW suite,engines and weapons package. China is dearly lacking in all these areas. Russia and the West are far,FAR ahead in all these areas so the idea of a Su-35 purchase for China would be to buy one of the most capable fighters on the market right now to strip down and reverse engineer. The Su-35 would come with some good sensors and a very good engine. Now others like say the French, are ahead of Russia in the avionics/sensor arena eg the SPECTRA suite is the most capable such system on the planet by all accounts, but the French just aren't willing to sell such equipment to the Chinese nor are most of the world due to China's complete disregard of IP laws. As such China is turning to Russia. The fact is China can't play catch up in complete isolation in the span of jusrt over a decade so it does need outside help but this help is not forthcoming. Not to mention that whilst Russia has some great tech in some areas it too is lacking notably avionics and sensors-this is why India has gone with Western (Israeli/French) tech on their MKIs not to mention Indian tech and will do so even on the 5th gen fighters from Russia. But Russia is the only viable player out their even considering sales to China. As such China has dug itself into quite a whole and this is where India actually stands in a better position- yes India is currently lagging in indigenous production of defence equipment but the thing is that it is still freinds with everyone and all the major defence companies in the world are entering into JVs left right and centre not to mention TOT is coming in for almost every major defence purchases these days. India is going to be able to take expertise from those on the cutting edge whilst China continues to struggle in isolation. It is for this exact reason that China is going to have an incredibly tough time getting a grip on ACC operations and my guess is it is going to lose A LOT of lives and machines unfortunately. What they are attempting to do has never been done before ie get a handle on the basics of ACC operations with supersonic high-performance jets. All other ACC powers started out with props and sub-sonic a/c.

How does anyone really think China has surpassed the standards of the West/Russia wrt 5th gen tech with only a fraction of the time and funds invested in such a venture?? It just isn't possible! If the J-20/31 were credible threats the US would be going crazy but they have barely batted an eyelid, why? Because almost any aviation expert worth their salt agrees that what we see flying are nothing but flying "shells". There is simply no way the Chinese have developed the tech to rival the West or Russia in this arena-NO WAY. Is it really logical to think that one of the greatest aviation companies in the world (Lockheed Martin) working with some of the leading defence companies in the world (BAE systems,Northrup Grunmen, Raytheon etc) would be out done in a fraction of the time by the Chinese who have barely even got a grasp on building a 4th gen fighter??! The simple truth is China has a long and hard road in front of it and the fact it is working in isolation and foregoing R&D for industrial espionage means the task is mammoth. The Chinese are at least 15 years (probably more) away from fielding any fighter that can even be compared to what we might call a 5th gen fighter. The fact that there is 0 transparency around these defence projects means they have smartly insulated themselves from any sort of criticism that other programs like, say, the EFT or LCA have had to endure.

When the PAK-FA enters service it will be a fully devloped 5th gen fighter with all the bells and whistles and will have benifited from decades of meticulous R&D and BILLIONS of USD in investment. The version the IAF will get (the "MKIised" version) will build on these strenghts and enhance the system as a whole by fitting the best possible tech from all over the world (India,Israel,France) onto their fighters whilst the RuAF's will only have Russian-origin systems. So yes, the PAK-FA and F-22 will be streaks ahead of the J-20/31 whenever they enter service and will have undergone many upgrades and later tranches.

And the IAF's (same goes for IA/IN) strength has always been qualitive superiorty over the Chinese forces but the Chinese are able to(try and) balance this out with sheer numbers-that is where their strength lies. But the future is still open to change, and all we can do is wait and see!

A LOT EFFORT SWEAT AND FANBOYZ DREAMS on a subject matter that is 12-15 years away for both sides.

J31 may never get off the ground

AND FGFA has only 3 protoypes and needs a decade to reach IAF OR russian airforce.

LETS TALK TODAY & REALITY ie JFT F16MLU V SU30MKI MRAGE2000 & MIG29

@wanglaokan

how many replies will yougive for a sarcastic post?

Last edited by a moderator:

The the one writing gibberish here is you. Im comparing jet v/s jet as per the figures currently available
while you are comparing industry v/s industry, dude WTF do you really think the j-20 j-31 are 75% match
for f-22 and f-35??

well then in that aspect PAKFA is 100% and 175% match for f-22 and f-35 respectively. but dont you
think these are percentage figures are simply teeming with fanboyism? I only argue with the points
I can find, if you think my points were wrong, say so and correct me.

but dont watse my (and other Indian members') time by making posts like that. after reading your
whole post I can only say one thing - frustration in person.

:angry:

Its too early to say what exact internal loadout would be.

Actually unlike other aspects internal loadout can be gauged by studying the size, cross-section, width
and other parameters of the fuselage. Im sure whomever may even revealed that 4-AAM figure must
have been cleverer than me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom