What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

Ohh, not only ! J-10C indeed esp. in full serials, the same for J-16s, but I think - maybe then in a higher dose - FC-31V2-images or additional LRIP-J-20s are fine too.

Not to forget, a Y-20 + WS-20 !

Deino :smitten:
Don't worry I'm closely following this on sinodefence:china:

Speaking of the Sino Defence Forum, the confirmation e-mail for me never arrived no matter how many times I tried requesting for a resend for some reason. It has been especially frustrating since I plan on posting The Military Balance 2017 report from IISS there.

Back on topic, could PT-3 actually be what is currently know as V2.0? After all, the new incorrect model of the plane that we have seen at IDEX 2017 might have been PT-2.

Pakistan's recent announcement of an indigenous 5th generation aircraft program could be an indication that it has officially joined the FC-31 project, either as a co-funder or even possibly as a partner. Although co-funding the development of the FC-31 is more expensive than purchasing the jet off-the-shelf, it allows Pakistan to have a say in the IPR & sales of the FC-31.

...After all, the new incorrect model of the plane that we have seen at IDEX 2017 might have been PT-2.

But why is it then numbered '31001' ??? IMO the simplest explanation is still it is a plain inaccurate model.

Good news! Enlarged fuselage of FC31 means more range, and will be on our carrier!

Pardon, but given a "translator" this post above only mentions that he "is at Shenyang and that the J31 is modified" ?? Could You please help me out with an explanation, on where You translate it as "Enlarged fuselage"?

And by the way, when will it fly again and when will we see it again ???

Thanks in advance,
Deino

As per Air chief, Pakistan is negotiating with 2-3 countries for purchasing Fifth Generation Air Craft.
But only three Platform are under development / operational
USA: F22/ F35 Export version
Russia: T50 Project is shared with India
China: J20/J31 Export version

Only Possible talk could be with China for J31 and to some extent with USA for F 35

As per Air chief, Pakistan is negotiating with 2-3 countries for purchasing Fifth Generation Air Craft.
But only three Platform are under development / operational
USA: F22/ F35 Export version
Russia: T50 Project is shared with India
China: J20/J31 Export version

Only Possible talk could be with China for J31 and to some extent with USA for F 35
Pak chances to get F35 are less than 0% we even can't get V upgrade for our F16s.

Pak may go for collaboration in Fc-31 production but it can;t be started in few years domestically as I honestly don't think PAF/ Kamra so far has capabilities to build such hitech Jet. May be in next 5-10 Years. Till then perhaps we may go for assembling and getting expertise through next blocks of JF17.

wanglaokandimension323837 said:
Good news! Enlarged fuselage of FC31 means more range, and will be on our carrier!
Enlarged in which dimension(s)?

Pardon, but given a "translator" this post above only mentions that he "is at Shenyang and that the J31 is modified" ?? Could You please help me out with an explanation, on where You translate it as "Enlarged fuselage"?

And by the way, when will it fly again and when will we see it again ???

Thanks in advance,
Deino
He said original FC31 prototype is too small, SAC had started to enlarge the fuselage of FC31. It is compatible with the Navy's request of long combat radius of 5th gen carrier borne fighters' solution. The navy doesn't want it short-legged.

Back
Top Bottom