What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

He said original FC31 prototype is too small, SAC had started to enlarge the fuselage of FC31. It is compatible with the Navy's request of long combat radius of 5th gen carrier borne fighters' solution. The navy doesn't want it short-legged.

Thanks ... but if the PLANAF requires a larger, heavy fighter and SAC enlarges the FC-31, it then would require a different engine (maybe WS-10 ??) ... what would be de fact a new fighter !

Thanks ... but if the PLANAF requires a larger, heavy fighter and SAC enlarges the FC-31, it then would require a different engine (maybe WS-10 ??) ... what would be de fact a new fighter !
very likely, it seems get fun! I think China navy give SAC specification of what they want FC31 going to be. The possibility of induction is getting higher.

我是沈阳的哦。就是说J31正在改大。

Hmm ... does this mean that the PLAN has selected the FC-31?

No; the navy variant of the FC-31 would most likely have enlarged wings (à la F-35C) but the same fuselage. If the J-20 were to become a naval fighter, it would too require enlarged wings/tails.

Hmm ... does this mean that the PLAN has selected the FC-31?

No; the navy variant of the FC-31 would most likely have enlarged wings (à la F-35C) but the same fuselage. If the J-20 were to become a naval fighter, it would too require enlarged wings/tails.
Enlarged wings mean then they have to be folded also

j31-fighter-jet-china-rd93-smoke-b.jpg

BEST.jpg

j31-fighter-jet-china-rd93-smoke-1.jpg

I have a question?
Where is the STEALTH of this Aircraft, when one can even saw them with a naked eyes?

Waiting for a decent answer.
Thanks in advance

BEST.jpg

I have a question?
Where is the STEALTH of this Aircraft, when one can even saw them with a naked eyes?

Thanks in advance
These planes have electronic stealth, not optical stealth!! That is, they are difficult to track electronically via radars and sensors, not that they are difficult to "see" optically.

These planes have electronic stealth, not optical stealth!! That is, they are difficult to track electronically via radars and sensors, not that they are difficult to "see" optically.
1. One should be physically fit first than we can think about its mental status.

2. Please share IR signature map , if you can

3. It can be easily shot down with portable or manually fired SAMs when clearly visible inside Enemy territory

I have a question?

So as Arsalan said, these ACs are stealthy not invisible.
However, "seeing" a jet fighter in a pic on the tarmac is
not the same as seeing it in the sky 60+km away with fog.

To "see" further, radar was invented. It is against radar
that stealth in the usual meaning makes them hard to spot.

Galileo saw Jupiter's first 4 moons with a telescope, much
farther than any jet although much bigger too, 507 years ago.
Visual identification will always work, at least until we invent
light diffraction units that can withstand 9G and 30mike bullets.
Portable ones.

The best anti-seeing techniques as, offered above, center on
reducing heat ( engine and systems ) or masking it somehow.

Have a good day, Tay.

Last edited:

BEST.jpg

I have a question?

Thanks in advance
Here's your answer, take a good look at it.....yup, it's your super duper PAK FA.

13177810_504225696448927_4436759856501921368_n.jpg

1. One should be physically fit first than we can think about its mental status.

2. Please share IR signature map , if you can

3. It can be easily shot down with portable or manually fired SAMs when clearly visible inside Enemy territory
:lol:
Are we talking planes or humans?
Please do some research on Stealth aspects and you will understand.

IR Signature map was shared previously on this thread as far as i remember, you may have to dig that yourself and will unearth plenty of other useful things while doing the same.

Flying at the height that it does, it wont be visible to naked eye sir. I guess you are talking about the color/paint of the plane? That will be optimized for the plane to blend in.

Here, see this, do you think these are pieces of junk or do you say that they are not visible optically?
613px-USAF_B-2_Spirit.jpg

800px-F-35A_flight_%28cropped%29.jpg

800px-Two_F-22_Raptor_in_flying.jpg

1024px-F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg

1024px-Sukhoi_T-50_Beltyukov.jpg

:lol:
Are we talking planes or humans?
Please do some research on Stealth aspects and you will understand.

IR Signature map was shared previously on this thread as far as i remember, you may have to dig that yourself and will unearth plenty of other useful things while doing the same.

Flying at the height that it does, it wont be visible to naked eye sir. I guess you are talking about the color/paint of the plane? That will be optimized for the plane to blend in.

Here, see this, do you think these are pieces of junk or do you say that they are not visible optically?
613px-USAF_B-2_Spirit.jpg

800px-F-35A_flight_%28cropped%29.jpg

800px-Two_F-22_Raptor_in_flying.jpg

1024px-F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg

1024px-Sukhoi_T-50_Beltyukov.jpg
With a dark black tail behind the jet makes it more easier to view with optical aid or even with a naked eyes.
These smoky tails allows enemies to pay attention towards it.
Rest upto you.

Here is the pic of the JET in stealth mode

View attachment 389162

Oh, nice
Please wake up

As I previously requested , please stick with the topic and be serious

Please don't compare a mistake with another mistake.
It won't make a good sense.

Request you to elaborate the answer of my question sensible. I'm serious
You mean something like how elsewhere you were comparing the Tejas mistake with JF-17 and instead calling the JF-17 a junk fighter.........

With a dark black tail behind the jet makes it more easier to view with optical aid or even with a naked eyes.
These smoky tails allows enemies to pay attention towards it.
Rest upto you.

Oh, nice
Please wake up

As I previously requested , please stick with the topic and be serious
OJ!! So you are talking about the smoke?
Why beat about the bush then mate, you can come out and say it out loud! :) No one is going to hurt you. :)

Yes, the smoke trail is a problem but this is not the only plane to have faced this at initial stage of evolution. Also these are not visible as they are in these images taken as close shots. Flying and thousands of feet, there is no chance to spot the smoke from ground. Also remember that when one if looking for a smoke trail in the WHOLE sky full of sunshine and clouds and what not, it is essentially more than looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Back
Top Bottom