What's new

SAARC Countries Bypass Pakistan to Sign Sub-Regional Motor Vehicle Agreement

India does better than Pakistan in Global Hunger Index...

ground reality is pretty grim.

P.S: Dont get into this mud slinging fest.... im tryin to teach the big mouth nri some humility here... he should know that both sides can play the game.

India has signed the agreement with its satellite states, and Pakistan, at-least until now, has not become a satellite state of India. Yes, Pakistan should pull out from SAARC for as far as Pakistan is concerned, its a dysfunctional organization.

Actually Pakistan should be kicked out coz it is a disfunctional member of the organization. All it does is in SAARC IS
1) prevent any pact from forming.
2) whine about making china a full member when china is not south asia:hitwall:
Pakistan is the root cause why yhis particular grouping of south asian nations was formed . if you see this group has all SAARC MEMBERS EXCEPT PAKISTAN

Actually Pakistan should be kicked out coz it is a disfunctional member of the organization. All it does is in SAARC IS
Pakistan is the root cause why yhis particular grouping of south asian nations was formed . if you see this group has all SAARC MEMBERS EXCEPT PAKISTAN
Correct. Please kick her out. Thanks.

Allowing an enemy to have access to a large growing market is not in Pakistan's interests. It will make Modi a hero while we want him to become an economic failure as well as take India down the path of Hindutvatization. Allowing him access while he yaps about 'bullet diplomacy' would make us look weak as well as give him the ability to bring in extra business to create more jobs. That is what we won't do. We will capitalize on the environment of hostility he is creating when TAPI reaches Pakistan. It will remain TAP only just like IP. Pakistan will have access to two pipelines while Modi will be shipping gas in 2017. This is whats needed to knock BJP in the next elections. :cheers:
you should replace with india with pakistan ...and you will find pakistan is in exact in situation described by you :rofl:
lol................pakistan was connected to CAR what happened? where is the growth?
No Electricity.:cry:
No Petrol.:cry:
No CNG.:cry:
No Coal.:cry:
dharna......radicalization............so much of pakistan interest :pakistan:

and what you want what ................modi to become an economic failure?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
india's economy is controlled by pakistan .......its news to me
we know monkey trap has made pakistanis fantasize to do same to india....but you guys lack knowledge of kutniti

just hot air:yahoo:

Can be is not the topic of discussion. Pakistan can be the source of the next big scientific discovery that solves cancer...but you can bet you bottom dollar that it will not be.

Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have gone ahead and doing a lot of trade agreements without Pakistan. Bangladesh wants no relations with Pakistan and Pakistan has steadily declining relations with Sri Lanka(SL expelled your diplomat, deported Pakistani refugees and removed Pakistan from Visa-on-arrival list)

I don't know what parameters Pakistanis decide 'true friends'. Clearly, Pakistan does not benefit SAARC and Pakistan feels happy in just being an outpost for Arab countries in South Asia.

I don't think that it takes a Genius to figure out that Nepal, Bangladesh and Srilanka do not border Pakistan, and hence regionally are not that important. A motor vehicle transit act doesn't do anything in that case. The only regional SAARC member for Pakistan is India.

About Srilanka, there was no visa on arrival policy, you had to get a pre-clearance, which Pakistanis still get. So i don't know what fools like you mean on the internet.

This is more like bilateral arrangement.

We all know the geographical condition is South Asia. Fact is, in the name of SAARC, in which only your India is hardly embraced by any other country.

What is the argument worth 9 pages, looks like both Indians and Pkaistanis believe this is good move. Pakistan is not a apart of the deal, and it serves both's SAARC's interests and Pakistans security concerns.

This route was very important for access to Pakistan as geographically there are a lot of countries in between India and Pakistan and no road has direct connection and there are no borders shared between two.
So a route from India then to BD and then to Nepal and then from Nepal to Pakistan was India's dream. Its got shattered.

Is it?

We know what is inside that Gift and we don't want that gift. So keep that so called gift with you.

WE AS A NATION WILL FREE TO DECIDE WHAT IS GOOD FOR OUR NATION AND STOP TRYING TO DICTATE US.

I don't think that it takes a Genius to figure out that Nepal, Bangladesh and Srilanka do not border Pakistan, and hence regionally are not that important. A motor vehicle transit act doesn't do anything in that case. The only regional SAARC member for Pakistan is India.

About Srilanka, there was no visa on arrival policy, you had to get a pre-clearance, which Pakistanis still get. So i don't know what fools like you mean on the internet.
Sri Lanka cancels on-arrival visa facility for Pakistanis - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
New travel policy: Sri Lanka cancels on-arrival visa for Pakistan – The Express Tribune
Sri Lanka cancels visa on arrival for Pakistanis - The Hindu

As i have said, the article itself had zero basis, since long time ago Srilanka announced the new visa regime.....you have to get pre clearance which is approved 9/10 times. I know a bunch of people who went to Srilanka and shyt loads of people who do business there and there has been zero impact of the new policy, because, it never existed. Visa on arrival was never meant to be that you showed up there and got visa. You apply for online clearance, and once granted you just go to Srilanka, similar to how UAE visa works.

Here you go:
Online Visa Application

It states those countries that do not require a clearance.....India doesn't seem to be on the list...(same as Pakistan)
Online Visa Application

Turkey for example issues a 30 day visa to Pakistan passport holders who have a valid Schengen, UK or USA visa on their Passport. I have done that.

Different countries different approach.

But again, since 2012, there has been no Visa on arrival in Srilanka. I was surprised that news articles took that long to pick it up.

So will you remain stupid and ignorant or what?

What is the argument worth 9 pages, looks like both Indians and Pkaistanis believe this is good move. Pakistan is not a apart of the deal, and it serves both's SAARC's interests and Pakistans security concerns.

The fact that it has zero impact on Pakistan, i don't know why 'bypassing Pakistan' needs to be mentioned. It's like saying, Pakistan signs a border trasit agreement with Afghanistan, bypassing India?

Just because we are in SAARC doesn't mean we have to abide by everything. Pakistan only Borders India from SAARC, but India borders more, but smaller nations. If it works for you, great.

And here we have stupid and more stupid quoting how Srilanka stopped the visa on arrival for Pakistan.

GDP per capita (current US$) | Data | Table

P.S: By size Paks middleclass is much bigger as compared to india.
GDP per capita =/= middle class

it varies but the interweb says there are about 160 million and growing rapidly Indian middle class households, China are around double that, Pakistan is at 70million something. The projected Indian middle class in just the next 10 years is more than double the population of Pakistan ;)

so a higher percentage maybe, but not higher in numbers for sure. :coffee:

you guys need to completely eliminate the jihadi cancerous snakes that your armed forces have so lovingly nurtured over the years before Pakistan can ever hope to be an investment destination for global money.

good stuff with zarb-e-azb though, but no one is falling for it till you kill all the Kashmir focused jihadis as well.

Back
Top Bottom