What's new

SAAB-2000 has handed over to PAF

honestly very sorry sir.

actually the hawkeye-2000 deal is still in the air for the PN. maybe they feel they dont need it even though the deal has cleared US congress.

actually the hawkeye-2000 deal is still in the air for the PN. maybe they feel they dont need it even though the deal has cleared US congress.
The deal was given a green, now search for the P-3 platforms for the Hawkeye-2000s has begun.

The Pentagon is negotiating the possible transfer to Pakistan of three P-3B aircraft as EDA grants that would be modified to carry the E-2C Hawkeye airborne early warning suite in a deal worth up to $855 million.
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/pakarms.pdf

The deal was given a green, now search for the P-3 platforms for the Hawkeye-2000s has begun.

The Pentagon is negotiating the possible transfer to Pakistan of three P-3B aircraft as EDA grants that would be modified to carry the E-2C Hawkeye airborne early warning suite in a deal worth up to $855 million.
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/pakarms.pdf

i am not dis-agreeing with you - the deal is through - my point was this:

we spend nearly US$ 1 bill on the erieye system
nearly US$ 1 bill on upgrading 10 P-3 Orions for ASW and surveillence and another US$ 1 bill on the hawkeye-2000 AWACS system. 3 billion in total. just seems to be a bit of overkill. therefore, some people are questioning the hawkeye deal!

i am not dis-agreeing with you - the deal is through - my point was this:

we spend nearly US$ 1 bill on the erieye system
nearly US$ 1 bill on upgrading 10 P-3 Orions for ASW and surveillence and another US$ 1 bill on the hawkeye-2000 AWACS system. 3 billion in total. just seems to be a bit of overkill. therefore, some people are questioning the hawkeye deal!
The 8 P-3C have come under U.S. military FMF - i.e. not our national funds - and the 3 P-3B Hawkeye-2000 might be financed through the same program. Plus you must consider the different roles of the Orions; the P-3Cs are MPA, ASW, reconnaissance, AShW, etc, aircraft; the P-3B Hawkeye-2000s will perform the AEW&C role for PN as well as help form its C4I-network.

In other words...the future PN would have Hawkeye-2000s guiding Orion aircraft, MILGEM corvettes & modern helicopters in very well coordinated ASW & AShW operations.

The AWACS cooperation with China is probably part of a much greater and longer-term plan. I suspect the capabilities of the newer Phalcons & Green-Pine radars would be the goals in those projects.

No doubt the price tag is quite high but considering their role in battle management and operation apart from surveillance; it seems to be the back bone of any modern defence/offence operative.
It could be dangerous to rely completely on US for such a key product of defence setup.
I suppose Pakistan’s modern defence will be relying heavily on it’s newly developed short range missiles hence we need lot of AWACS and for this reason. I would say Pakistan must go for hawkeye-2000 as well, those can be used by PN.
If in any war senario if US hawkeye cease obeying than at least we have SABB.

great news but Erieye, Hawkeye and chinese platform induction does seem to be an overkill.
We definitely would need a squadron or two to keep these assets safe. I think instead of that many platform , balloon bourne radars such as advance version of aerostat may provide and economical option.

great news but Erieye, Hawkeye and chinese platform induction does seem to be an overkill.
We definitely would need a squadron or two to keep these assets safe. I think instead of that many platform , balloon bourne radars such as advance version of aerostat may provide and economical option.

RAli,

When you are modernizing your Navy then you do the required to make it as potent as possible. 2 Sq. Shall be available for Naval Support when we have all the birds (P-3 Hawkeye Based).

As for the Erieye, PAF has enough rite now to defend its vital AEW&C/AWACS asset in Air.

NICE to see that after along wait, pakistan start moving in right direction, as far as the price of this monster its ok, i guss, if pakistan need to defend itself from all its hidden and open enemmies.... pakistan should have quality and quantity.. and for that very reason no, need to panic for the price its cool, its for the defence of pakistan????:smitten::welcome::enjoy:

Hello
Aoa
Is the chinese awacs equal to the Erieye?

Dear fatman 17,
Yes DID is now a paid subscription. But for some reasons when I tried to open the article it just opened. Perhaps the site has some special affiliation with Pakistan.
Regards,

Back
Top Bottom