What's new

S-400 and Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR)

Khan vilatey

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi I was wondering if the indian s400 range is capped at 300 kms due to the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR). this requires the maximum range of any foreign rocket system to not exceed 300 kms. A good example of this is the Indian Bhamose system with a range of 300 kms while the Russian varriat is much longer range

k

Hi I was wondering if the indian s400 range is capped at 300 kms due to the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR). this requires the maximum range of any foreign rocket system to not exceed 300 kms. A good example of this is the Indian Bhamose system with a range of 300 kms while the Russian varriat is much longer range

k
India is a member of MTCR ,it doesn't not apply for India now. When bramhos was started the range was restricted as India 2as not a member then now Brahman has more range.

k
It's for air to ground missiles and not applicable on surface to air missiles I think Sir

Thanks to Uncle Sam, India is now a signatory to MTCR (among other such discriminatory groups). Pakistan should nudge China to lobby its entry into such groups :cheers:

Edit: Seems like even China is not a member of MTCR, but has pledged to play by its rules voluntarily 😯

It's for air to ground missiles and not applicable on surface to air missiles I think Sir
i read the text and did not find an exemption for air to air rockets

but can you re read and let me know your thinking

i read the text and did not find an exemption for air to air rockets

but can you re read and let me know your thinking

WE also have ZARB which is basically chinese C602 re branded as ZARB which has range of 600 km

WE also have ZARB which is basically chinese C602 re branded as ZARB which has range of 600 km

no man Pakistani goverment engineers 🧑‍💻 made the Zarb,Babur and Pakistan’s entire strategic weapons system all on their own!!!! :devil: That’s why they are not constraint with range! :sniper:I suggest handing over the economy and the country to these smart people so the country can be successful:bounce::pakistan:

Pakistan is a country of contradictions. We have a massive successful stratgic wepons and military defense Industry crated by patriots being payed peanuts 🥜 while dumb incompetent people like imran khan destroy our economy.

k

no man Pakistani goverment engineers 🧑‍💻 made the Zarb,Babur and Pakistan’s entire strategic weapons system all on their own!!!! :devil: That’s why they are not constraint with range! :sniper:I suggest handing over the economy and the country to these smart people so the country can be successful:bounce::pakistan:

Pakistan is a country of contradictions. We have a massive successful stratgic wepons and military defense Industry crated by patriots being payed peanuts 🥜 while dumb incompetent people like imran khan destroy our economy.

k
NO Sir ask Senior and professional members here on PDF they all saying Zarb is a Chinese C-602 just like Burraq which is Chinese CH-4 UCAV

NO Sir ask Senior and professional members here on PDF they all saying Zarb is a Chinese C-602 just like Burraq which is Chinese CH-4 UCAV
Humbug , Pakistan builds all this themselves. The imported weapons all follow the MCTR standards and are sub 350 kms.

like we did not reverse engineer the tomahawks to make Babar. The fact that the range and payload is the same is mere coincidence.

windows was inspired by MacOS. It’s not the same. Same way we are inspired by Chinese, NK , US and french weapon systems ….

k

Humbug , Pakistan builds all this themselves. The imported weapons all follow the MCTR standards and are sub 350 kms.

like we did not reverse engineer the tomahawks to make Babar. The fact that the range and payload is the same is mere coincidence.

windows was inspired by MacOS. It’s not the same. Same way we are inspired by Chinese, NK , US and french weapon systems ….

k
So these professional members are saying wrong and you're always right here on PDF lol

So these professional members are saying wrong and you're always right here on PDF lol
Yes ! the Pakistani government and I, agree Pakistan indigenously built these weapons inspired by the developments of other weapons system.

this thread is about the range of the s-400 which I believe will not exceed 300 kms. This was observed with the bhamoos weapons system. Do you have anything to add here in that context ?

k

Yes ! the Pakistani government and I, agree Pakistan indigenously built these weapons inspired by the developments of other weapons system.

this thread is about the range of the s-400 which I believe will not exceed 300 kms. This was observed with the bhamoos weapons system. Do you have anything to add here in that context ?

k
Just no pakistan has little to no capabilities to develop big ticket items (such as missiles,jets) on it's own

And as for s-400 its basically defensive system and I think this treaty is not applicable on surface to Air missiles

As for brahmouse yes russia sold it under 300 km range because of MTCR but India developed and tested longer range version of 600 km/800 km respectively

Just no pakistan has little to no capabilities to develop big ticket items (such as missiles,jets) on it's own

And as for s-400 its basically defensive system and I think this treaty is not applicable on surface to Air missiles

As for brahmouse yes russia sold it under 300 km range because of MTCR but India developed and tested longer range version of 600 km/800 km respectively

I understand that we disagree on
Pakistani capability so will leave that for another day.

the longest brahmose test had been 400 kms so far. There are plans to build longer ranged versions but we will see.

as far as MTCR is concerned I think there are no exemptions based on defensive or offensive weapons. This is why our Chinese imported anti ship missiles are maxed at 350 kms

k

k
Atleast google stuff prior to opening a thread. India became a member of MTCR in 2016 and ever since, the Brahmos versions being inducted are around 450-650km with existing ones also being upgraded for enhanced range. Currently, 1000+km version along with a Brahmos-NG (miniaturized air launched) and hypersonic variants are also in the works

Atleast google stuff prior to opening a thread. India became a member of MTCR in 2016 and ever since, the Brahmos versions being inducted are around 450-650km with existing ones also being upgraded for enhanced range. Currently, 1000+km version along with a Brahmos-NG (miniaturized air launched) and hypersonic variants are also in the works
I did , the latest test was in 2020 for 400 km .

Back
Top Bottom