What's new

S-300 in Iran ‘no threat to Israel’: Putin briefs Netanyahu on defensive weapons concept

Well, there is not only S-300 deal ongoing. Contracts with Iran for Su-30, Mig-29 on the table as well and even for armoured vehicles.
Turkey afraid of growing Iranian influence in this region and this is weapons will increase Iranian influence.

Iran started working on Bavar-373 as soon as the deal was blocked . It takes some years for Bavar-373 to enter mass production (its design is nearing completion) .

Meanwhile , we can fortify our airdefense network with 5 divisions of S-300 PMU-2 .

this is just to fill the gap for some years

With four. In all probability, one of them should be taken apart for reverse engineering. lol.

How many crusaders did Russia fought? :lol: All the crusaders were repulsed by us my Ruski friend. Rhetoric and all is fine but let's stay a little bit realistic.
Well, the Crusaders fought not only for Sepulchre. They also fought with the Baltic pagan tribes, and Russian Orthodox Christian principalities. Crusaders "walked" in Finland, in the Baltic countries, in the Northwest Russian principalities.
This battle against Crusaders considered one of the main in the whole Russian history.
Battle on the Ice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look thought Iran had its own advanced air defence missiles and didn't need any Russian S 300? Was thinking they will reject it and demand their cash back from Moscow, guess I overestimated Iran then. :)
Cash is already back (what was paid not the penalty). This is actually Russia saying we can sell you those weapon now if you want.

There are plenty of examples of armies using Soviet equipment besting Armies armed with Western equipment.

Indo-Pak war of 1971 is one such example. India defeated Pakistan in detail using Soviet made weapons.

Yom-Kippur war of 1973 is another example. Egyptian army defeated Israeli army initially. It got hammered only when Egyptian army ,contrary to what it had planned, stepped out of their SAM cover and got butchered by Israeli Air Force. You could not blame equipment for poor military leadership.

Korean war is an example.

WW II is an example.

Israel does not have much to fear from S-300. Israeli air force had practiced with Greek Air force and in all probability has got strategies of going around S-300. Also SAM , in absence of a strong Airforce, have not proved to be of much use. Most Airforces use their aircrafts and SAM systems in unison.SAM prepared killing ground and Aircrafts force hostile airplanes into those killing zones, or SAM create no go area and force your enemy to fly higher and your Aircraft wait to ambush at right altitude.

Along with that S-300 is not so super. Its radar is serious handicapped.
You forgot the biggest of all: Vietnam.

S-300 from Russia is most likely a symbolic gesture to support Iran's nuclear program.

Overall, Iran has extremely strong pride, so selling them weapons isn't a way to show any respect to their national pride.

Why does Putin need to brief Netanyahu? S-300 is for air defence. It doesn't threaten anyone it protects you.

To be honest, its not like Russian weapons are super fantastic/awesome or whatever. Lool going by past experience, countries who have been armed by Russia in the middle east have always fared far worse when faced with western supplied weapons/countries. E.g israel vs arab conflicts .Lool I font know if it's because the people using them are poorly trained or sub par, but all I can say is that its not really impressive. Lool

Had that been the case, Netanyahu would not have called on putin to express his concern. S300, S400 are in class on their own and have no parallel. This is true for Russian planes also. There is nothing in this world which can match the engineering and maneuvers of Sukhoi series (Not Electronics and EW).

Come on, lets not turn this to the usual dickk measuring contest between Turks and Iranians, even i get tired of that shitt from time to time.

Mate, you realize that was a RF-4 Plane, which dont have counter-measures and weapons at all. Show some respect to the deceased pilots.
well the only countermeasure against a computerized gun that use optical tracking is stay out of range or be Armored

Well , Qaher is a national project and we're proud of it . you'll be sorry when it's unveiled to public in a couple of years . Iran has been manufacturing fighter jets of it's own for some years now . i doubt turkey is capable of producing one screw for it's F-16s .

Meh . Your fighter pilots are either in jail or resigned .

The ones left are committing "suicide" or are killed in action while flying the mighty Israeli terminator :

And here i thought the whole fleet was grounded . weird me :lol: @Serpentine

Kudos to Syrian Air Defense network
@R0SC0SM0S :haha:
:omghaha::omghaha:
they will p... in their pant when they will see q-313

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom