What's new

Russian weapons that can be produced in Egypt

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Russia has sought to create a huge geo-economic cooperation with Egypt through entering the Egyptian markets in the economic, agricultural and military fields, and talk of the possibility of Moscow opening arms manufacturing centers.

One of the most important weapons that Russia may produce in Egypt are the weapons that are very popular in Arab and African countries, for example the T-90 tanks, Buk systems, Russian attack helicopters, and the transport of equipment and soldiers that these countries seek to use.

Some of the Russian weapons that may be manufactured in Egypt infographic:

See infographic on the site..

T-90 S tanks
Buk air-defence system
Tor air-defence system
Mi-17F and Mi-8T
Kalashnikov rifles

https://arabic.rt.com/photolines/946033-أسلحة-روسية-يمكن-إنتاجها-في-مصر/

why dont egypt have defence industry with 100 milion people

You've asked this same question at least 8 times that I am aware of, could be even more but the point is that when someone asks the same question over and over, it doesn't become a question anymore but rather a statement.

So why don't you answer the question yourself, then? Since you're trying to make an obvious point, just come out and say it. Save us all the time and hassle of beating around the bush.

Even better, list specific weapons that you would consider a "defense industry."

it's very possible Egypt could get production on newer AKs, Mi-8/17s and if I remember right the deal for 400-500 T-90s already included ToT with production facility in Egypt.
on other hand TOR/BUK can/could happen if they get co-production from Russia whether Egypt builds the launch vehicle or the missile but I don't see Russia completely handing out full 100% ToT on their air defense.
either way, It is good for Egypt and will bolster their industry and some countries in the area could also send stuff to Egypt for maintenance if needed

it's very possible Egypt could get production on newer AKs, Mi-8/17s and if I remember right the deal for 400-500 T-90s already included ToT with production facility in Egypt.
on other hand TOR/BUK can/could happen if they get co-production from Russia whether Egypt builds the launch vehicle or the missile but I don't see Russia completely handing out full 100% ToT on their air defense.
either way, It is good for Egypt and will bolster their industry and some countries in the area could also send stuff to Egypt for maintenance if needed

Take a look at the short and medium range ballistic missiles being paraded in Cairo about 40 years ago and that later, the missile program became a tight project under Abu Ghazalah in the 80's and since then it's been quite underground. There are reports that the program is quite active since 2014, but looking back 40 years ago and seeing those, one can only imagine today.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom