What's new

Russian warplane violates Turkish airspace

You are not that Ottomans, Huns or Mongols in past.Time has changed. You should realize, were you are today and were are you not. No offense.
Do you realize that Ottomans, Huns, Mongols all are different superpower states of the past and none of them, has started as a superpower.
Now today Turkish Republic as being the successor of one, isn't even a hundred years old yet. I say 'hold onto your balls'.
No offense.

We need German discipline in PDF/TR here
hermione-punching-malfoy-hp3-o.gif

Last edited:
Do you realize that Ottomans, Huns, Mongols all are different superpower states of the past and none of them has started as a superpower.
Now today Turkish Republic as being the successor of one, isn't even a hundred years old yet. I say 'hold onto your balls'.
No offense.

hermione-punching-malfoy-hp3-o.gif

Yes. But who starter as superpower in history?

It seems that some one don't like 'German discipline'.

Saudis and the US need to pay the price of their adventurism
Turkey not innocent at all they all responsible of killing and destroying Syria and Iraq.

looks like everyone around here in earth is really looking for a war. what the hell is the matter with you all. looks like even people are chanting for war. bunch of idiots.
Either kids or favored one of it ( WAR ).

I'd say Putin just wanted to send a message to the turks that we are here now so you have nothing to with Syria at all just fvck off.

Now every one got that message.

Turkey don't need to panic nothing going to happen if they just stay away.

turkey can shoot down the Syrian planes not Russian one there will be problem iff they do
Turkey know well

what ? No way.
I didn't see a single one here. Maybe they're cheering on Russia with regards to US' statements . Nobody in Pakistan would cheer on when Turkey is under real threat or anything like that. Trust me
sorry to say but I have seen videos of turkey letting Syrian people die by the hands of isis....so I am not with you mate

Quite eye opening to see that a lot of Pakistani are rooting for Russia while Russia is violating Turkish air space.

Coz most pakistanis hate US gutts. So they would cheer for any one opposing em. . And we are kinda hoping that turkey does not get involved in all of this. In the end US & Russia will leave the region & what u will.have is a unstable distroyed neighbourhood & angry neighours who got nothing to lose. Just take pakistans involvment in US's war in afghanistan. Now they are thousands of miles away and we are mopping up after them. . Not a thing u wanna do brother.. Peace.

sorry to say but I have seen videos of turkey letting Syrian people die by the hands of isis....so I am not with you mate

So, have we brother, we could have intervened , but didn't. So, whats ur point. We all got our restrains

Washington Fails to 'Set All NATO Members Against Russia'

Read more: Washington Fails to 'Set All NATO Members Against Russia'

There is a rift inside NATO who is currently waging a media war against Russia over its military operation in Syria, political analyst Grigoriy Tischenko told Sputnik Radio.
1025632138.jpg

© Flickr/ 7th Army Joint Multinational Training Command
NATO Ready to Fend Off Russian ‘Threat’ Even When There is None to Be Found
The incident with a Russian Su-30 jet in the Turkish airspace became the focus of interest in Greek media.
On Monday, the Turkish Foreign Ministry said a Russian military aircraft violated the country’s airspace near Syria on October 3. The Russian Defense Ministry later explained that on October 3, a Su-30 fighter briefly entered Turkish airspace for a few seconds due to poor weather conditions.

NATO reacted to the incident with an emergency meeting of the North Atlantic Council. NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg considered the incident deliberate.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned that Russia’s actions could be considered as an attack on Turkey and thus an attack against the entire alliance.

1028283635.jpg

© Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation
US Tries to Play Down Russian Military Gains in Syria – Iranian Analyst
Some Greek media wonder why the US and NATO is reacting this way. For example, an author for the Greek news outlet Tribune.gr harshly criticized Stoltenberg’s words that the Russian operation in Syria is not contributing to security and stability in the region. He underscored that the comment exposed the West that supported al-Qaeda as "rebels" and rivals to the government of Bashar Assad.
Articles of such a tone prove that the US failed to set all NATO members against Russia, Grigoriy Tischenko, head of the Center for Defense Studies, said.

"The US failed to set the entire alliance to wage an information war against Russia. There are a number of differences within NATO. I suppose the emergency meeting of the NATO Council addressed this issue," the analyst said.

He added that the emergency meeting of the Euro-Atlantic Council was also part of the media strategy.

"The US initiated another session to force all NATO members to wage a coordinated information war against the Russian military operation in Syria as well as against Russia’s Middle East policy," the analyst pointed out.

He also underscored that details of the US-led offensive in Syria have not been made public.

"As for the US-led operation in Syria, it is a highly guarded secret. This war is wrapped in a mystery. In fact, NATO is taking the side of ISIL," he concluded.

Russia seems to value its friendship with Assad more than Turkey. I still don't think it will be in Turkey's advantage to make enemies with our neighbours, including Russia and Iran. We can't live sorrounded by enemies (like Israel's situation), that will make us a paranoid nation. We should be able to recognize the interest of other nations and try and make the best of current developments. Erdogan did a huge mistake by actively supporting FSA rebels in Syria, Assad's grib on power is too strong, especially with backing of Iran and Russia. We shouldn't play according to CIA plans but tread carefully - now we have a shitstorm in Middle East. This i call a big failure in foreign policy of Erdogan, even though i recognize his government's other important achievements.

What was your suggestion again?

Russian jet 'shot down by Turkish forces after it flew into the country's airspace' | Daily Mail Online

Russian jet 'shot down by Turkish forces after planes violated country's airspace on Syrian bombing run'
  • Unconfirmed reports claim a Russian jet was shot down by Turkish forces
  • Eyewitnesses on social media said they saw an explosion in northern Syria
  • It was alleged that Russian fighter planes had violated Turkey's airspace
  • Nato has previously warned of the 'extreme danger' of such incursions
  • See full coverage of Russia's military intervention in Syria
By SAM TONKIN FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 14:44 GMT, 10 October 2015 | UPDATED: 18:14 GMT, 10 October 2015

Turkish forces are said to have shot down a Russian jet after it flew into the country's airspace, according to unconfirmed reports on social media.

It has been claimed by eyewitnesses that there was a large explosion in Huraytan, northern Syria, while three fighter planes were seen overhead.

Rumours of a jet being shot out of the sky come amid heightening tensions between Russian president Vladimir Putin and the West.

2D463FEC00000578-3267595-image-a-131_1444491497312.jpg

+6
Turkish forces have shot down a Russian jet after it flew into the country's airspace, according to unconfirmed reports on social media. Pictured is a MIG-29 jet belonging to the Russian Air Force

2D464B0600000578-3267595-image-a-130_1444491469814.jpg

+6
It has been claimed by eyewitnesses that there was a large explosion in Huraytan, northern Syria, not far from the Turkish border, while three fighter planes were seen overhead

2D45F51B00000578-3267595-image-a-98_1444488983122.jpg

Unconfirmed social media reports suggest a Russian jet has been shot down after entering Turkish airspace

The Russians are supposed to be bombing ISIS targets, but it seems the majority of their missiles are hitting areas where the extremist group is not present.

U.S. officials said this week that Russia - a key ally of Syrian president Bashar Al-Assad - has directed parts of its air campaign against U.S.-funded and other moderate opposition groups in a concerted effort to weaken them.

However, Russia has claimed its forces hit 55 ISIS targets in Syria in the 24 hours to Saturday - although Putin's jets were also a key factor in helping Syrian troop to seize a village in the centre of the country which was not ISIS-controlled.
The Russians - who have announced plans to increase the number of strikes against ISIS targets - have also clashed with Turkey, after one of their bombers violated Turkish airspace.

But neither side has yet said whether rumours of another of Russia's planes was shot down in a separate confrontation.

According to the Daily Express, one journalist tweeted that three Turkish planes had been responding to 'mysterious' lock-ons from MIG-29 jets, which are used by Putin's forces.

MailOnline has approached both the Russian and Turkish authorities for a comment.

A spokesman for Nato said it had so far received no reports of a plane being shot down.

2D4757AB00000578-3267595-image-a-3_1444500618805.jpg

+6
A handout picture from the Russian Defence Ministry, which is said to show an Islamic State terrorist ammunition depot after a strike carried out by Russian warplanes in Syrian territories

The Russians - a key ally of President Bashar Al Assad - have been critcised for hitting non-ISIS targets since beginning airstrikes in Syria last month

2D460EB900000578-3267595-image-a-99_1444489704111.jpg
It comes days after another Russian bomber violated Turkish airspace. Pictured is a Turkish Air Force F-16

Details of the reported incident emerged after the Pentagon announced that Russia had agreed to resume talks with the US on air safety during Syria bombing campaigns.

Press secretary Peter Cook said the talks were 'likely to take place as soon as this weekend'.

Nato and the US have been alarmed at violations of Turkish air space by Russian planes.

Earlier this week Nato urged Moscow to end air strikes on the Syrian opposition as fighter jets were scrambled to intercept Russian warplanes that had violated Turkish airspace.

Turkey sent two F-16 jets to head-off a Russian fighter that violated its airspace near the Syrian border last weekend.

At an emergency meeting, NATO warned of the 'extreme danger' of such violations and condemned the incursions.

Last week Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said: 'Our rules of engagement are clear whoever violates our airspace.

ISIS's territory gains pose a significant threat to the longstanding defensive line of rebel groups north of Aleppo

ISIS have made a significant breakthrough in Aleppo province and are now less than two miles from the outskirts of the main city

'The Turkish Armed Forces are clearly instructed. Even if it is a flying bird, it will be intercepted,' he added, while playing down the idea of 'a Turkey-Russia crisis'.

Yesterday it emerged ISIS had taken advantage and launched a new offensive in Aleppo province following Russia's decision to target Free Syrian army rebels and Al-Qaeda affiliated groups.

The jihadi group released a statement confirming they had taken over the 'strategic' infantry academy close to Aleppo's northern industrial area.

US jets have reportedly been told to keep 20 miles from the Russian jets to avoid getting caught up in clashes, providing ISIS with the chance to make rapid gains without fear of coalition strikes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom