What's new

Russian sailors of INS Vikramaditya roam naked on Karwar beach, cops in a tizzy

Well, it is nudity today, and Beatiality the next week!

What? if the homophobes can use that I can, can't I?

That slippery slope argument is wrong from the homophobes, and it is wrong here. Homosexual acts between consenting adults are sought to be legitimized, nothing else. Animals cannot give consent, so the question does not arise. Heterosexual acts does not devolve into beastiality, so why would homosexual ones? I know you are not being serious and only bringing up the canards put out by homophobes, and I am clarifying for their benefit.

Here is a scene from a beach in Kerala from 1900. Contrary to what @Manvantaratruti thinks, we have NOT been upholding today's standards of decency for the past 100,000 years. I'll post the link in two bits, since I don't want to be accused of putting "**** pics" here.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-o08kbf0n580/T_cfYOzm8mI/AAAAAAAAT6c/

WADsCm8HcvM/s1600/1900+photo_vallarpadm+island.jpg

Note: It is a scene from Vallarpadam islands, and taken from the Travancore palace archives. It depicts working women and fisherfolk, all bare chested. That was not taboo or indecent a hundred years back.

I am bringing this example because from your screen name I am assuming you are a malayalee. In Kerala, well into modern times, only "uppity" and pompous women wore clothes on their upper body. The standards of what is decent and what is indecent have varied across the continent throughout history. As indeed in other places across the world. In afghanistan I suppose showing toes or face is obscene. These are all artificially derived morals.

Last edited:
That's not true, public nudity is illegal in India. It shouldn't be, but it is.

If everybody walked naked, but did not harass each other, it would still be a better society than the one we have currently, with rapes and sexual assaults and harassment everywhere.

If everybody walks naked, then what will these fashion designers do? What will happen to FTV?.....:P

well personally...i wud definitely not like to see this on a beach...:suicide:
sausage.jpg

Good lord; there should be lots of this cooking on a barbecue on the beach-side.
Lots of beer, sunshine and some good barbecue roasts on the sands. Great times, that'll be.

He is not expecting everybody to start being naked in public. The charge of prudery applies to people who feel offended by nudity, or by the human body.

BTW, people did not have the same standards of decency for all those 100,000 years. I can show you photographs from less than a hundred years back, of women being topless in India. A couple of hundred years back, only aristocratic women in South India covered their breasts. The lower castes did not. There are photographs of traditional dance forms where the percussion player (female) isinvariably bare chested.

It was the victorian morals that changed attitudes towards clothing, in many parts of India. Joe is right about that.

I am quite aware of that. Irrespective of how it happened it is ludicrous to expect someone to walk naked on the beach or into a restaurant. There are specific nudist beaches for that where it is allowed.

If I was walking on that beach with my child and family, I certainly would not be happy to see men walking around Naked. If I was a Goan living near that beach, I would be more angry to see such behavior by a foreign guest.

BTW, I was talking about 'sexual harassment' and wars happening for the last 100,000 years.

To be honest I can understand. Certain Russians can be a but thuggish.

Poor chaps! They did nothing wrong, harrassed nobody, kept to themselves, soaked in the sunshine which is totally absent from their country at this time, and they get this harrumphing, old Victorian spinster's reception. What a bunch of uptight prudes we are!

They shouldn't have removed all their cloths while swimming near beach.

To be fair, there are perfectly non-prudish reasons to oppose public nudity -- hygiene being a big one.

I, for one, don't fancy sitting on a park bench or a bus seat after some fat slob -- or any slob -- had his hair and sweaty 'package' on it.

Agreed.

I am sure that the condition of Russia and Russians are worsening and may be they will see a day when they are going to give away with the last carrier which they own and going through upgradation to Indian Navy for a good cost.

I am sure that the condition of Russia and Russians are worsening and may be they will see a day when they are going to give away with the last carrier which they own and going through upgradation to Indian Navy for a good cost.
well that's not going to happen as long as Mr.Vladimir Putin remains the President of Russia.Russia is becoming stronger by the each passing day due to the able leadership of this "Iron Man" of Russia.sometime i feel that India would have been much more stronger today if we only had a man like Mr.Putin as our supreme commander.....

You are right. We should all be walking naked on the streets.
I am sure you would have trained your daughter to walk around naked in public just to prove you are not a uptight Victorian prude.
They were not walking on the streets, in case you had not noticed.
I trained my daughter without being an uptight Victorian prude, but her training extends to discerning who are creeps who should be shunned for making personal attacks on the families of other members of this forum.

That slippery slope argument is wrong from the homophobes, and it is wrong here. Homosexual acts between consenting adults are sought to be legitimized, nothing else. Animals cannot give consent, so the question does not arise. Heterosexual acts does not devolve into beastiality, so why would homosexual ones? I know you are not being serious and only bringing up the canards put out by homophobes, and I am clarifying for their benefit.

Here is a scene from a beach in Kerala from 1900. Contrary to what @Manvantaratruti thinks, we have NOT been upholding today's standards of decency for the past 100,000 years. I'll post the link in two bits, since I don't want to be accused of putting "**** pics" here.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-o08kbf0n580/T_cfYOzm8mI/AAAAAAAAT6c/

WADsCm8HcvM/s1600/1900+photo_vallarpadm+island.jpg

Note: It is a scene from Vallarpadam islands, and taken from the Travancore palace archives. It depicts working women and fisherfolk, all bare chested. That was not taboo or indecent a hundred years back.

I am bringing this example because from your screen name I am assuming you are a malayalee. In Kerala, well into modern times, only "uppity" and pompous women wore clothes on their upper body. The standards of what is decent and what is indecent have varied across the continent throughout history. As indeed in other places across the world. In afghanistan I suppose showing toes or face is obscene. These are all artificially derived morals.

Gosh . this whole argument about nudity and sexuality is vacuous ...

we have indeed degraded as a society over period of time ...thanks to western influence !

I mean look at khajuraho ...naked sculptures with explicit sex scenes adore several temples there ...

at one part of time in our history we were ok to depict sexually explicit sculptures in public spaces that too sacred places of worship like temples ....

If some of the Russians guys did roam naked on beach what big deal ?

We don't have problem with naked babas ....bathing in ganges in open ..??? just because it comes with religion tag ???

It's only matter of perception ...

somebody with superfluous standard of morality has created issue out of nothing ....!!!

reminds me of babas in Kumbh mela , media had no problem with their ding-dongs...:cheesy:

Last edited:
They were not walking on the streets, in case you had not noticed.
I trained my daughter without being an uptight Victorian prude, but her training extends to discerning who are creeps who should be shunned for making personal attacks on the families of other members of this forum.

Ya they were walking down the beach. So that makes it ok to be naked ....... maybe have sex on the beach too. After all that too is a very natural.

Creeps who are conceited enough to call others prudes needs to be paid back in their own coin.

FTW, just let the chaps live a little, and stop bitching about every damn thing.:mad:

I'm sorry, but getting totally boozed in public and getting nude in public areas(Unless nude beach:P) is totally unacceptable even if you're an ordinary citizen

It's even more unacceptable when you're doing that while you're representing not only your country, but one of it's defence branch.

It shows you have no respect or decency for the host country you're in.

As indeed in other places across the world. In afghanistan I suppose showing toes or face is obscene. These are all artificially derived morals.

@janon Ummm, I was using that to draw a comparison with the homophobic and the nudity is evilzz argument.

I am not a homophobe, neither am I a prude =P

I think the humor lacks it's effect in a textual form. What I was getting at is not the slippery slope argument, but rather the logical cliff argument. That somehow being permissive of a little nuf=dity or Permitting people to love members of the same gender would automatically mean the morals will completely break down.

Or as an Atheist I get asked, without god what is stopping me from committing heinous crimes :-)

In Kerala, Women of the lowest castes were not able to cover their upper bodies.

It was just a poor attempt at humor @janon I hope you understand :-)

@janon your assumption that I am a Malayalee is right :D

Last edited:
@janon Ummm, I was using that to draw a comparison with the homophobic and the nudity is evilzz argument.

I am not a homophobe, neither am I a prude =P

I think the humor lacks it's effect in a textual form. What I was getting at is not the slippery slope argument, but rather the logical cliff argument. That somehow being permissive of a little nuf=dity or Permitting people to love members of the same gender would automatically mean the morals will completely break down.

Or as an Atheist I get asked, without god what is stopping me from committing heinous crimes :-)

In Kerala, Women of the lowest castes were not able to cover their upper bodies.

It was just a poor attempt at humor @janon I hope you understand :-)

@janon your assumption that I am a Malayalee is right :D

Bhaisaab, the humour was not lost on me. I know you were being humorous and drawing a comparison to the homophobes, I said so in my post that I understand that.

To those who ask you what is stopping you from committing heinous crimes, you should ask them whether they are all secretly wanting to do the crimes in question, but only holding back due to the fear of the big spycam in the sky. When the atheist Penn Jillette was asked why he does not rape and murder anybody he wants, he replied "I do, and the number for both is zero."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom