What's new

Russian Officials Reveal J-31 Engine and Describe Sales to China

Members of this forum have posted enough pictures of J-11B and J-10B with WS-10A engines. Your trolling with earlier pictures is just girlish behavior. You also seem unable to differentiate J-10A and B, or between J-11A and J-11B.

Girlish (or rather childish) behaviour is saying that I am wrong even after providing enough
pictographic evidence to say only a few prototypes were powered with WS-10A and AL-31 is still
there on J-10A, J-10B, J-11A, J-11B, J-15 and J-31 and J-20 also have Russian engines only.

WS-10, even as per my source I posted above, is still unreliable for powering frontline combat
aircraft, its TBO is too low to be on a combat jet on the frontline. Thats why you see only prototypes
with WS-10A, even J-15 taking off from Liaoning AC has AL-31, not WS-10, which again, is present only
on prototypes for photo sessions to make fanboys believe.

WS-13 is in a much poorer condition with a TBO of only 150 hours and WS-15 etc. are paper designs.

i think these engines are for the 50 JF17 thunder china promised to deliver at no cost :pakistan::cheers::china:

i think these engines are for the 50 JF17 thunder china promised to deliver at no cost :pakistan::cheers::china:

Shows the worth of this jet. Chinese are not fools to throw away any important thing for free.

And btw what engines are you talking about WS-13 or RD-93?

Shows the worth of this jet. Chinese are not fools to throw away any important thing for free.

And btw what engines are you talking about WS-13 or RD-93?

shows there commitment to friend ship with paksitan the 500 RD 93 are for JF17 only which was the original deal with russia to provide 500 RD-93 WS-13 would be replacement of RD-93 but replacement not gonna happen till 2015

shows there commitment to friend ship with paksitan the 500 RD 93 are for JF17 only which was the original deal with russia to provide 500 RD-93 WS-13 would be replacement of RD-93 but replacement not gonna happen till 2015

In international relations nowadays there are only interests, not friendship.

There is a deal to procure only 100 RD-93s, not 500. Plus the depot-level MRO maintenance facilities for
RD-93 are not available in either pak or china.

WS-13 won't come by 2018 at the earliest.

In international relations nowadays there are only interests, not friendship.

There is a deal to procure only 100 RD-93s, not 500. Plus the depot-level MRO maintenance facilities for
RD-93 are not available in either pak or china.

WS-13 won't come by 2018 at the earliest.

AVIC President the worst scenario will be delivered by 2016. Judging by standard operating speed, 2014 will be the delivered date of WS-13. With our WS-10A experience, WS-13 will not be a tough nut to crack.

AVIC President the worst scenario will be delivered by 2016. Judging by standard operating speed, 2014 will be the delivered date of WS-13. With our WS-10A experience, WS-13 will not be a tough nut to crack.

WS-10 itself is in trouble. I have no hope of WS-13 being reliable enough to power a
jet in combat even post-2016.

WS-10 itself is in trouble. I have no hope of WS-13 being reliable enough to power a

Really??

143695_72938566_j10b.jpg+ws-10-al-31fn.jpg

7rpku.jpg

uibDi.jpg

qwgmO.jpg

APWab.jpg

Shenyang-J-11B-Flanker-jet-fighter-China-Peoples-Liberation-Army-Air-Force-plaaf-5.jpg

we dont need a failure country who cant even made a turbofan called kaveri engine to power a prototype into the sky to tell us where we reached.

engine ws13 and ws10 are fully capable engine the are going through testing phase it take longer to tune an engine and the china will put in to full production till 2015 it these engine will be part of every 4 and 5 generation fighter jet in china's air force

Really??

143695_72938566_j10b.jpg+ws-10-al-31fn.jpg

7rpku.jpg

uibDi.jpg

qwgmO.jpg

APWab.jpg

Shenyang-J-11B-Flanker-jet-fighter-China-Peoples-Liberation-Army-Air-Force-plaaf-5.jpg

we dont need a failure country who cant even made a turbofan called kaveri engine to power a prototype into the sky to tell us where we reached.

Here is the photo session I was talking about:rolleyes:

1) All J-10A have AL-31 engines
2) Not all J-10Bs have WS-10
3) Not all J-11Bs have WS-10
4) J-15 has used AL31, not WS-10 to take off from Liaoning.
5) No single type of jet fighter has all-WS10 equipped examples in active combat service. There are
only few examples with WS-10, rest have all AL-31FN.

We already build the thrust-vectored AL-31FP in India, chinese unfortunatley don't even knoe how
a TVC engine works you are still trying to fly J-15 from carrier with WS-10 and all your AL31s are imported
from Russia.

engine ws13 and ws10 are fully capable engine the are going through testing phase it take longer to tune an engine and the china will put in to full production till 2015 it these engine will be part of every 4 and 5 generation fighter jet in china's air force

If WS-10 is so capable, why are PAF officers visiting Moscow lobbying for AL-31FN sales?

WS-13 with 150 hours TBO is not even fit to power a jet into war. Too maintenance intensive.

Here is the photo session I was talking about:rolleyes:

1) All J-10A have AL-31 engines
2) Not all J-10Bs have WS-10
3) Not all J-11Bs have WS-10
4) J-15 has used AL31, not WS-10 to take off from Liaoning.
5) No single type of jet fighter has all-WS10 equipped examples in active combat service. There are
only few examples with WS-10, rest have all AL-31FN.

We already build the thrust-vectored AL-31FP in India, chinese unfortunatley don't even knoe how
a TVC engine works you are still trying to fly J-15 from carrier with WS-10 and all your AL31s are imported
from Russia.
LOL..

India cant even make a simple kaveri engine power a single prototype to work and now talking abt making AL -31FP engine?

Those license produced will still restricted citical component to import from russia. You india are at least 30 yrs behind us in aero engine technology. Just like how you indian lack behind us in carrier technology. We refurbished our carrier build our own jets
While u indians still need russia assist to make yr carrier work.

LOL..

India cant even make a simple kaveri engine power a single prototype to work and now talking abt making AL -31FP engine?

Those license produced will still restricted citical component to import from russia. You india are at least 30 yrs behind us in aero engine technology. Just like how you indian lack behind us in carrier technology. We refurbished our carrier build our own jets
While u indians still need russia assist to make yr carrier work.

Painting Sukhoi Su-33 as J-15, paiting Varyag into Liaoning. Is this china's indigenous efforts?

Painting Sukhoi Su-33 as J-15, paiting Varyag into Liaoning. Is this china's indigenous efforts?
At least we cann make as many as we want...while you indian need to please foreigner first before to get what you want..

Russian, not happy with you. They will raise per unit price and what can you do since yr DRDO is so useless? :lol:

That is the different between china and india.

If WS-10 is so capable, why are PAF officers visiting Moscow lobbying for AL-31FN sales?

WS-13 with 150 hours TBO is not even fit to power a jet into war. Too maintenance intensive.

AL-31FN come own paf has no interest in the engine they where there for some other objective WS-13 need time the russian have plenty during the cold war to push these engine to the limits the speed the Chinese are progressing this industry the 2015 is not far mate a lot to see beside the engines.

Back
Top Bottom