What's new

Russian Navy

The small missle ship "Typhoon", Project 22800, was launched.
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
8.jpeg

Last edited:
The small missle ship "Typhoon", Project 22800, was launched.
4-jpeg.438982

I'm glad to see that most ship builders across the world have figured out that spending a bit of money on a tracked ramp for launching these beautiful and expensive ships is well worth it, instead of the old ways of tossing a ship into the water from its side and saying a prayer at the same time that it doesn't roll over and capsize.

seems huge

I'd say! 480 meters long, 2,400 tones. But compared to some of the older Typhoons it's a bit smaller.

Very interesting design to the conning tower with that squarish build and forward angle.

Funny how even in this day and age, these sub builders are still paranoid about revealing the shape of the propulsion system and feel they have to hide it from inquiring eyes. I think most quiet, prop designs have been figured out by all the top, sub builders. I'm not sure what they gain from going so far out of their way to hide them. I don't think it's paranoia, it's just tradition.

Film about project 855M

Tremendous industrial might in Russia. We saw what they did in the middle of one of the most ferocious battles ever in Stalingrad, the way they rolled out T-34s one after the other right out of factories in the middle of the fighting.

I love how the new torpedo system allows this new sub to release a torpedo ahead of a perceived threat of an enemy sub, and that torpedo loiters or lingers until it detects the enemy sub as it reaches the torpedo's range and then the torpedo activates and heads towards the enemy sub. That's just a pure example of how the advancement in technology has facilitated the advancement in tactics. Just great.

The only question I would have is because it showed the sub releasing the torpedo from the rear ahead of the enemy sub coming into sight, so if the enemy sub doesn't cruise near the loitering torpedo or even changes course, is this new sub capable of retrieving the torpedo? Do they mention that at all?

First New Russian Navy’s Cutting-Edge Icebreaker Finishes Sea Trials

How good or bad Russian submarines are in terms of noise level when submerged?

Back
Top Bottom