What's new

Russian jets in Syrian skies

This is the best you have ever said.

Again Al saud working hard against this to come true.

I am spot on in most of my posts buddy. Just read them.

Every autocratic regime in the region, world and people of power work 24/7 to remain in power. Often by all means. You have the saddest example of that in recent time in Syria with the Al-Assad regime. Another is the Ali Abdullah Saleh crook who after 34 years of extremely bad rule in Yemen and after stealing $60 billion is now back creating trouble alongside his former enemies the Houthi cult.

Yemen ex-leader Saleh 'amassed up to $60bn' - UN probe - BBC News

As an Arab one should support your countries and the people. Leaders regardless of who they are should not be worshipped just because they are leaders. Their support should be based on actual support and good deeds and not fear.

Time will do its job but what worries me is whether what will follow will be much better or even worse! On the long run it will be much better obviously but that might happen long after we are dead (our generation). Not sure how old you are (probably much older than me) but I am talking about my generation (1990's).

the problem is Assad is the lesser out of many evils. destruction of ISIS should be priority

the problem is Assad is the lesser out of many evils. destruction of ISIS should be priority

That's what I often hear from non-Arabs and foreigners in general. Like those two evils were the only two options for the 25 million or so Syrians. Like every Syrian was a hardcore Ba'athi fanboy or ISIS member. Just because everything at first appears to be either black or white it does not mean that you cannot spot all the other colors which form the majority.

Choosing between two evils will not solve anything in Syria and will not make it better. Just prolong the current trouble and maybe even escalate it for years to come.

The intention of the Arab spring (it has succeeded in Tunisia which should be a shinning example for autocratic Algeria and chaotic Libya next door) was not to keep fanatical mass-murderers (whether Al-Assad or ISIS) in power but to establish societies based on justice, freedom, liberties etc.

There are many, many other options for Syria than the Al-Assad regime or ISIS. That's an extremely simplistic view. All those thousands of people who died for a better Syria deserve much better and trust me, one day those goals will be achieved. Whether in 2 years or 20 years is irrelevant in the wider picture. Not irrelevant for the generation engulfed in that fight but it will be for the 1000's of generations that will follow them and hopefully be able to enjoy those rights that their forefathers could not.

That's what I often hear from non-Arabs and foreigners in general. Like those two evils were the only two options for the 25 million or so Syrians. Like every Syrian was a hardcore Ba'athi fanboy or ISIS member. Just because everything at first appears to be either black or white it does not mean that you cannot spot all the other colors which form the majority.

Choosing between two evils will not solve anything in Syria and will not make it better. Just prolong the current trouble and maybe even escalate it for years to come.

The intention of the Arab spring (it has succeeded in Tunisia which should be a shinning example for autocratic Algeria and chaotic Libya next door) was not to keep fanatical mass-murderers (whether Al-Assad or ISIS) in power but to establish societies based on justice, freedom, liberties etc.

There are many, many other options in Syria than the Al-Assad regime or ISIS. That's an extremely simplistic view.

I think Syria is hopeless now, the revolution may have gone well if the west and arabs did not intervene but it still wouldn't guarantee that Al-Nusra will not come and eventually ISIS

Now revolution is dead, the neutral rebels are mostly a mix of Al-qaeda factions and other Islamist groups mixed with the remains of the former rebels and even they are not a united force.

I think Syria is hopeless now, the revolution may have gone well if the west and arabs did not intervene but it still wouldn't guarantee that Al-Nusra will not come and eventually ISIS

Now revolution is dead, the neutral rebels are mostly a mix of Al-qaeda factions and other Islamist groups mixed with the remains of the former rebels and even they are not a united force.

It's hopeless as long as Al-Assad stays in power in large areas of Syria and as long as ISIS and similar groups are present. To remove them from power you need to remove at least one of them. They are tied to each other. No Al-Assad no ISIS.

The revolution is not dead as long as Al-Assad stays in power and ISIS.

Almost everyone on the ground is a local Syrian. Only ISIS has a few 1000 foreigners but they form a tiny minority in the wider picture.

As long as most Syrians have hopes of what I told about (a better future in a just and democratic society were fundamental rights are ensured and where they can see a bright future) the fight against injustice will continue.

For the Syrian Arab (whether Sunni, Alawi or Christian) for the Druze and for the Kurd.

Syrians did not sacrifice this much just to be ruled by those evil options. Both will be gone and they SHOULD.

Russian recon plane in idlibb.

CPnKbKRUAAAXxba.jpg

Russian drones too. Time to wrap this war up along with the opposition.

There are a million Syrian refugee's descending on Europe, and none of them seem to be blaming Assad for their troubles. I think they realize that their misery and suffering was caused by US foreign policy and toppling of governments.

There are a million Syrian refugee's descending on Europe, and none of them seem to be blaming Assad for their troubles. I think they realize that their misery and suffering was caused by US foreign policy and toppling of governments.

You could not be anymore wrong. Not sure which planet you live on when you can make such a claim?

In fact it's the total opposite. If they really wanted to live in a Al-Assad regime ruled Syria (the same regime that has killed over 200.000 Syrians and carpet bombed every major town excluding Damascus - even neighborhoods in Damascus (one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities on the planet if not the oldest) they would have escaped to regime controlled areas of Syria like pro-regime Syrians do and have done.

Almost all of the Syrian refugees are either Syrian Arabs or Kurds. Neither group is a big fan of the Al-Assad regime overall.

Besides most of the refugees reaching Europe are not even Syrians or Arabs to begin with but Afghans, Africans, South Asians etc.

Back
Top Bottom