What's new

Russian Fifth-Generation Fighter to Exceed Rivals

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Russian fifth-generation T-50 fighter, currently being developed by Sukhoi, will exceed all rivals, according to Russian Air Force commander Colonel General Alexander Zelin.

The Russian Air Force will acquire 60 T-50s, which will be delivered from 2015 onwards.

The T-50 will feature low visibility, supersonic cruising speed and highly integrated control systems.

It will have a take-off weight of over 30t and have similar dimensions to the Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker.

The Sukhoi Design Bureau designed the current prototype of the T-50 and developed it at a plant in Komsomolsk-on-Amur in Russia's Far East.

The Russian fifth-generation T-50 fighter, currently being developed by Sukhoi, will exceed all rivals, according to Russian Air Force commander Colonel General Alexander Zelin.

The Russian Air Force will acquire 60 T-50s, which will be delivered from 2015 onwards.

The T-50 will feature low visibility, supersonic cruising speed and highly integrated control systems.

It will have a take-off weight of over 30t and have similar dimensions to the Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker.

The Sukhoi Design Bureau designed the current prototype of the T-50 and developed it at a plant in Komsomolsk-on-Amur in Russia's Far East.

post a link please.....

Better feature set has been offered on F35 and there is a lot of skeptism over calling T50 a fifth generation figher. It lacks a lot compared to western capability. Russians are notrious for such wet dreams..relics of communism when they dreamed about beating the west.

Russians are still stuck in the past they are trying to do ultra maneuverability for a 5 gen environment. What they need to focus on is advanced avionics and stealth. Something tells me besides the more stealthy design alot of stuff will be a improved transfer from the SU-35BM.

We will see how it all turns out.

i think backing the t50 will turn out to be a major mistake for india when we easily have enough money to buy a 100+ jsf over the next 10 years.

It just made it's first flight 7 months ago and you are already expecting special stuffs from a prototype that's just doing its flight test.
Amazing...

Yeah so what if it flew 7 months ago? It displays nothing close to having stealth characteristics. I'm also not the one having wet dreams only 7 months after a test flight.

i think backing the t50 will turn out to be a major mistake for india when we easily have enough money to buy a 100+ jsf over the next 10 years.

Yeah we have the money.. but who is going to supply JSF to us before T-50? The waiting list is way too long buddy.
And our requirements are for a two-seater twin engined air-superiority fighter with considerable range and internal payload capability.

Buddy you need a reality check USA wont sell JSF to us even they did it would be too late to be of any effect.
I suggest you do a little research into Russian planes and Russian military equipment before criticizing Russian equipment.

I think you are the one in a bubble If you honestly believe that Russian equipment are trash and Russian live in bubble.:cheers:

russian equiment isn't trash. but its not going to allow us to match china in my opinion.

if you think about 2020-25 timeframe, if pak-fa doesn't deliver good enough stealth but j-xx does, that won't be good news for us.

maneuverability, which is the russian strength doesn't mean much anymore. plus american / euro bvraams are going to be much better than russian ones too.

the jsf program is looking for more commitment of orders afaik.

Last edited:
Russians are still stuck in the past they are trying to do ultra maneuverability for a 5 gen environment. What they need to focus on is advanced avionics and stealth. Something tells me besides the more stealthy design alot of stuff will be a improved transfer from the SU-35BM.

We will see how it all turns out.

FGFA (PAK-FA's twin seater version) will focus on more advanced avionics with sub systems from Israel and several European countries integrated into a single machine much like what's been done with the Su-30 MKI.

Back
Top Bottom