What's new

Featured Russia want to sell SU-35 to Pakistan: BBC Urdu

god bless you for your conviction. if Russia means to sell it and we have finances then I wish we can raise a combat air wing for the PN and this way this twin engine jet will be safe from the single engine single minded mentality of PAF.
PN fighter wing will relieve PAF from all Pakistan's maritime protection duties but might also come in to help PAF in protecting our south,
but there is no danger of anything happening when people have dug their heals against changing and evolving challenges specially safe guarding CPEC once India is pushed by America to impose Quad strategy in the Arabian sea,
Formerly there was a air wing of PM comprised of mirages.
Su-35 is no doubt a very potent fighter . A fighter which is so technologically advanced that it will serve for the next decades to come. But the folks in PAF knows things better than you and me. If we acquire it ,it is going to cause power imbalance between the PAF and IAF.Given our limited resources they just prefer a fighter which can handle IAF ,our main rival.
Secondly russian jets require a lot of maintenance and not easy to handle. All aircraft technicians on ground will need to be retrained and it's compatibility with AWACS is another issue to address. So even if we aquire today it will take some time to be in the position where we will be able to fully benefit from this beast called SU-35.

Yar sab sai hai but who's gonna pay for this? Are we doing this through our current surplus :D? Which would mean we don't need it for other stuff :D

The other issue is that the Russians prefer packaging the munitions. There's basically no room for custom integration work -- either the Russians don't want it, or it's high risk/cost (see India's MKI issues).

While the Chinese aren't any different, we can at least tap into our existing inventory of SD-10, C-802s and REKs for the J-10CE, hence reduce some of the added cost. With the Flanker, it'd be an entirely different and drawn-out procurement scheme.

And there's CAATSA too, of course.

IMHO the only realistic approach with the Russians is to try paying them for expertise. That's the only way the Russians are going to get past CAATSA, so they'll need to evolve their business model from selling hardware to helping others develop IP across critical areas.

There is no doubt that PAF requires some long range air superiority fighters. PAF doesn't have long range air superiority fighters. There has been countless debate that fighters like J-15, J-16 or Su-35 fit this requirement. As Pakistan and China continue to advance CPEC, the Pak navy needs a serious upgrade in the air wing department.

KAKA there is a word called CAASTA.
IS k fayoz o barakat parh lain
assi amb lain gaye, fruit taay pamandi lag gaye :D not tat its a good idea.... i wonder when this MF shit is gonna be applied to S400 sale to are NBRs... or is it the usual pass they would be getting. :D

Don't see any benefit pak will get by buying maintenance heavy SU35. It's also be very expensive to integrate in awacs etc. New training stuff as well.
Paf don't have that much funds to waste around. Best thing is Block 3 in good numbers.

I will be happy to bring the soda and libations. :D

Seriously though, who is planning to pay for such a purchase?

Russians must know Pakistan's fiscal situation when it made such an offer. I'm sure it pleased folks over at Pakistan's FO as a sign of deepening relations, but is it? Russians are using the Pakistanis to make sure India stays in their camp. Expect India to announce its commitment to the S-400 in the coming weeks.

Upgrade existing F-16 with Viper configuration and use the fleet another 20~30 years. It is really difficult to beat F-16V both in performance and maintance cost-wise. You guys could do AZM with Turkey or other partners in the future.
One big problem with it though: US won't permit it.
It was mig-25 not mig-31 and PAF was ready to fire SA-2s as those could engage mig-25s but permission was not granted.
If that is the case then that's where the problem lies. You should just shoot down anything going deep in your airspace, ask questions later.

I am ok with the Move to Acquire SU-35 + Chinese Mods
But I doubt we have a need for very large numbers

Most Likely would be great option to help retire older F7-F7PG , or French Mirages

I don't even like French Fries these days

• 36 Units Purchase would be a great Acquisition as a fall gap Double Squadron
  • +18 Units for Karachi's/Gawadar Coastal Protection

Last edited:
Russians must know Pakistan's fiscal situation when it made such an offer. I'm sure it pleased folks over at Pakistan's FO as a sign of deepening relations, but is it? Russians are using the Pakistanis to make sure India stays in their camp. Expect India to announce its commitment to the S-400 in the coming weeks.

India is way deep in Uncle Sam’s camp, it’s almost point of no return.
We need to capitalize on this opportunity to get small ticket items, including engine overhaul facilities, joint exercises and training for our Jawans in Russia, etc but the focus should be on economy.

They're coming with technology transfer as well.....

1618264603904.png

We need to capitalize on this opportunity to get small ticket items, including engine overhaul facilities, joint exercises and training for our Jawans in Russia, etc but the focus should be on economy.

Pakistan is already getting gear from Russia, including helicopters and jet engines. Like I said before, Russia is a cash and carry kind of establishment: you have the cash, you can carry almost anything you want. What's interesting is not that Russia selling weapons to Pakistan, but India continuing to buy Russian weapons even though the Russians also sell to the Chinese, India's rival.

I, for one, think India should reevaluate its relationship with Russia over its closeness to China.

Wrong news and no SU-35 is coming.

That guy is back on his forum and he is still making that claim. Even on F-16 BLOCK 72.
Who knows after claiming 10 different types of jets surely one may come true...so far he has been very unlucky
How do you know paksitan isnt using russia to get something from uncle sam

News flash...wont happen pakistan, cant trick Uncle sam
Investments

That is area of huge opptunity
Hydro electric dams and gas/LNG/infrastruture

Back
Top Bottom