What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to wise up, where have you been the past month? Russia is using a force mostly made up of paramilitary, Chechen forces, conscripts, and some army regulars for a total of 130k vs Ukraine's 200k and has only lightly used its air and naval power. They are fighting this war with their C grade military. In some ways it's a smart move because they are not expending their best assets to carry out this mission, but it does come at the cost of longer time, lack of cohesion, and mishaps. Despite this, they are still decisively winning the war with Ukrainian troops tied up mostly in Kyiv and other cities.

The rest of Russia's force is on standby in the homeland, and you can bet they would steamroll most European countries including western ones.

Dude, Russia has a military budget of 60 billion US dollars which is 150 billion US dollars in PPP.

At least half of this goes on their massive nuclear forces which leaves just 75 billion in PPP terms for their conventional forces.

This is not much more than the amount that a country like France spends on their conventional military - around 50% more.

Russia cannot spend so little on its conventional forces and have a large and capable one - one of the two has to give here.

1. Check my rebuttal in following post:

2. Do I have to teach you the basics of reading and writing now? It would be much better for you to focus on contents (and lines of evidence) instead of deciding validity of sources on strictly country-origin basis.

I do NOT dismiss Russian sources for the sake of being Russian in person; I double-check contents for accuracy or credibility when I am not sure about something because Russian cyberwarfare practices are real and well-documented.

Destruction in Mariupol can be ascertained through following lines of evidence:

2.1. Footage

2.2. Photographs

2.3. Survivor accounts

What more you want to see in this case?

3. Understand the concept of WMDs First and Foremost:

Iraq had a chemical weapons program:

American troops found hidden caches:

Popular narrative notwithstanding.

Western sources such as Sky News, The Guardian and More of the same do NOT lie all the time.

4. You are repeating your assertions over and over again instead of comprehending information shared with you. This is BOT behavior (suspicious).

I have provided answers in following posts:

Take your time to comprehend shared information and then get back to me.

Since you talk about teritorial integrity may you answer if you recognize Kosovo as part of Serbia or as independent country ?

Do you have any evidence that Zelensky is still in Kiev ?
True leader ? Millions of people fled the Ukraine after Maidan and before ongoing special military operation. I am not talking about people that fled because conflict in Donbas, I am talking about people that fled because of poverty. USA turned the Ukraine into the poorest country in Europe. Yes USA. They have overhelming influence over the Ukraine since their coup in 2014. Did they bring prosperity to the Ukraine ? No ! Just like USA didn't bring prosperity to Haiti which is in US sphere of influence since decades. USA is just using the Ukraine as a pawn against Russia and Ukrainians as cannon fodder. Zelensky is not a true leader. He is Kolomoyski's man and a comedian.

Who is responsible for destruction in Mariupol ? Certanly not Russia. It is Banderites that use civilians as human shields. It is Banderites that hide rocket launchers in supermarkets and near civilian buildings. What can Russia gain by destroying Mariupol ? Nothing ! It is Banderites and USA that are interesting in destroying Mariupol. Banderites hate people of Donbas and call them "separy" just like Bandera called them.

Fact is that Russian and Donbass forces are so far reluctant to storm cities like Kiev and Kharkov. They don't won't civilian casualities and destruction of civilian infrastructure.

US media claiming that USA alegedly found chemical weapons in Iraq is not a proof. It is US claim. Show me a proof not a claim.

I still can't find your answers to my questions:
How do you know that US “biological research facilities” are not engaged in producing biological weapons ? What are US “biological research facilities” doing in the Ukraine ? Why USA have “biological research facilities” abroad ?

Last edited:
I have been following this war,
at first i thought they will quickly blitz through Ukraine and then present their demands or install puppets

but after it started it seem Russians are deliberately doing a slow light attack with intention to avoid civillian casualties and keep good faith among Ukrainian populous.

but now after a month with huge losses on political, military and economic fronts & losing any public support that they had around the world ( i mean initially asians were siding with russia on many forums but now those voices are also dying down)., what are they upto?

I am confused as hell, it is the Russia that the west fears, is thought to be a giant in at least military world & still that Russia is unable to get any strategic advantage in this war in immediate neighbourhood with lots of land connections.

Russian army is a laughing stock now so why are they still continuing this hand brake invasion? i genuinely dont understand.

p.s - i am no supporter of this war, it has to end but i want to understand Russian mind which in my opinion is as confused as mine at the moment with no clear goals after this shock of defence by Ukrainians

at first i thought they will quickly blitz through Ukraine and then present their demands or install puppets

but after it started it seem Russians are deliberately doing a slow light attack with intention to avoid civillian casualties and keep good faith among Ukrainian populous.

but now after a month with huge losses on political, military and economic fronts & losing any public support that they had around the world ( i mean initially asians were siding with russia on many forums but now those voices are also dying down)., what are they upto?

I am confused as hell, it is the Russia that the west fears, is thought to be a giant in at least military world & still that Russia is unable to get any strategic advantage in this war in immediate neighbourhood with lots of land connections.

Russian army is a laughing stock now so why are they still continuing this hand brake invasion? i genuinely dont understand.

p.s - i am no supporter of this war, it has to end but i want to understand Russian mind which in my opinion is as confused as mine at the moment with no clear goals after this shock of defence by Ukrainians

Dude, have you seen what the Russians have done to some Ukrainian cities like Mariupol?

Nearly all buildings are either destroyed or damaged.

Russians are just incompetent.

Last edited:
Depends on what do you want?

If you want to run Armor up in Urban environment without any casualty. that is NOT possible. That's why I keep saying you would not see me doing that.

But if you have to, there is a way to minimize your lost. Which is why the term "Combine Arms" is important.

Infantry need to screen ahead and make sure the immediate area of the tank is safe, then you need gun ship overhead to pick up contrail. The infantry job is to see if there are any type of encampment, you don't need to see the team, but if they had camp there (You usually leave team in place for days and rotate the position within a certain area), then you need to work with your Armor and artillery and try to find those team. Tank and Artillery can support the tea, a few kilometre away

If you can't and they fired, that's what's the gunship is for, they can pick up the trail as soon as they fired and put guns or rocket on them and eliminate them.

The problem is, they don't run gunship because they can't deal with the MANPAD threat, and since they don't run gunship, they probably did not bothered to run infantry screen/observer or check point to curb the AT team, either that, or they are really incompetent and think running Armor single along the road without either infantry and gunship on top is going to be okay....I am giving the Russian the benefit of the doubt,....

Hey Jhungary, that is a good post. I hope that you can compile your thought that you write here in separated thread. Because it is hard to read good post here because of Troll War. Including your troll post.

Btw, you said that you need gunship, is it helicopter like Apache? But aren't they also have the same high risk like the armor?

You can compare this war with US war in North Vietnam. It is comparable, because both countries don't get surrounded / besieged first by the aggressor. so they can always able to get help from the neighboring country. For North Vietnam, they could get help from China and USSR from the north. While for Ukraine, they can get weapon, etc from the west.

A war like this will cause huge casualty to the attacker. Because you fight virtually the whole nation that the morale still high. It is different to Iraq and Afghanistan that the area has been surrounded / besieged by US. And siege warfare can cause the lost morale to the defender, because they are hopeless.

Dude, have you seen what the Russians have done to some Ukrainian cities like Mariupol?

Nearly all buildings are either destroyed or damaged.

Russians are just incompetent.

Destroying buildings but VERY careful to limit civilian casualties.

I still think the Russians are running this war with kid gloves. They could target the urban areas' electricity and water supplies and bring real pain to civilians inside.

Destroying buildings but VERY careful to limit civilian casualties.

I still think the Russians are running this war with kid gloves. They could target the urban areas' electricity and water supplies and bring real pain to civilians inside.

Did you even see pictures from Ukraine citys that are getting freeded by russian war criminals? Not a single building left without getting shoot at ... Russian Army cares zerro about civilians

Hey Jhungary, that is a good post. I hope that you can compile your thought that you write here in separated thread. Because it is hard to read good post here because of Troll War. Including your troll post.

Btw, you said that you need gunship, is it helicopter like Apache? But aren't they also have the same high risk like the armor?

I think the rationale is that it's unlikelly that the ambush will involve a ton of ATGMs, and a ton of MANPADS.

A decade or so ago, it would've been quite a sizeable force, easy to spot, but not today with disposable 10kg man portable ATGMs easily killing any MBT by roof hits.

The point is a much lighter force can forestall an offensive of sizeable armoured formation, and outright defeat anything smaller, to which the only counter at the moment is to grow formations even bigger.

Last edited:
Did you even see pictures from Ukraine citys that are getting freeded by russian war criminals? Not a single building left without getting shoot at ... Russian Army cares zerro about civilians

Destroyed buildings can be rebuilt easily with Western money.
The civilian death toll after more than a month is still under 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom