What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iike in Fallujah Iraq?... Or is this different?
Shake & Bake.... White phosphorus. Declaring all males over 18 as military aged combatants and not allowing them to evacuate from the city.

Russia reveals it has had almost 10,000 soldiers killed with another 16,000 injured​

This is terrible news for Russia in general.

In the past, expeditionary armies lived off the land. If we look at Desert Storm, the US hauled everything we need from the Western Hemisphere to the Eastern Hemisphere. But here with the Russian military, they drove for a few hundred miles and had to live off the Ukrainian land to survive. Is this planned? If yes, then it seems the Russian military regressed and is no longer a professional military. Now in 3 weeks they lost this many soldiers to an army that the outmanned and outgunned in all major aspects of a military.

In the past, expeditionary armies lived off the land. If we look at Desert Storm, the US hauled everything we need from the Western Hemisphere to the Eastern Hemisphere. But here with the Russian military, they drove for a few hundred miles and had to live off the Ukrainian land to survive. Is this planned? If yes, then it seems the Russian military regressed and is no longer a professional military. Now in 3 weeks they lost this many soldiers to an army that the outmanned and outgunned in all major aspects of a military.

It's from the Daily Mail, so take it with a pinch of salt will you..
Mainstream media in the West isn't exactly unbiased nor accurate in its reporting.

Unconfirmed - but they have lost at least half of this figure. Its like they thought this was a cake walk they would get done in 3 days. Looks like their military is extremely untrained and unprepared

Unconfirmed - but they have lost at least half of this figure. Its like they thought this was a cake walk they would get done in 3 days. Looks like their military is extremely untrained and unprepared
Yup. I think they planned it as if it would be Crimea 2.0

The doner will replace the burger. What an unusual outcome of the conflict
Who tell you they are replacing the burger with doner??

Putin will order a decree, Russia will need to call these Turkish Kebab Cheeseburger and those Kebab joint "McDonalds" and they will still force the Russian say "I am lovin' it" as if nothing is happening...

LOL

Again, I've seen my fair share of propaganda living in the West from the likes of CNN, BBC, Sky, MSNBC, etc etc. Let's wait until after this conflict for actual numbers, if we ever get to that point. MSM wants me to believe the Russians are losing, the same media that wanted me to believe the invasion of Iraq was justified. So again, I'm taking these messages with a pinch of salt if you don't mind. I'll try to do my own research before drawing any conclusions.

26000 casualties in 20 days is like 1300 every day ….. can you imagine bodies would be littered on every street to get this type of number but yet few dozen or at most few hundred bodies were seen or photographed …..

It makes absolutely no sense so many soldiers died and no one saw them dying …..

But again the Twitter war anything is possible :

Pentagon estimates are always conservative
@Wood

As far as I know, the Pentagon estimate were done by counting how many destroyed vehicle and then times it by the appropriate crew, so when a T-80 was destroyed and shown, they will list 3 killed. They will ignore other casualty report that may also be true and put it in the "Maybe file" Say for example, if you have 3 T-80 and say 20 infantry pushing up, and that convoy is intercepted and the Pentagon was shown 3 destroyed T-80, then they will estimate the casualty as 9, even tho some or maybe all the infantry may also be casualty.

Only individual casualty they count is body, so basically no body, no one dies

A more closer estimate is to estimate the effective combat strength, which last report I read put 60% of the entire original invasion force as "Combat Ineffective" category, which mean 60% of Russian unit suffered 20% of casualty, which would make the casualty number closer to 10,000. But then that was 4 or 5 days old.

Russia reveals it has had almost 10,000 soldiers killed with another 16,000 injured​

That is approx 5% of the total soldiers sent. Generals won't be happy and the possibility of a coup against Putin could be in the making.

Rare footage of actual combat use of FGM-148 Javelin anti-tank missile system by Ukrainian army

@Wood

As far as I know, the Pentagon estimate were done by counting how many destroyed vehicle and then times it by the appropriate crew, so when a T-80 was destroyed and shown, they will list 3 killed. They will ignore other casualty report that may also be true and put it in the "Maybe file" Say for example, if you have 3 T-80 and say 20 infantry pushing up, and that convoy is intercepted and the Pentagon was shown 3 destroyed T-80, then they will estimate the casualty as 9, even tho some or maybe all the infantry may also be casualty.

Only individual casualty they count is body, so basically no body, no one dies

A more closer estimate is to estimate the effective combat strength, which last report I read put 60% of the entire original invasion force as "Combat Ineffective" category, which mean 60% of Russian unit suffered 20% of casualty, which would make the casualty number closer to 10,000. But then that was 4 or 5 days old.
Putin marched his army into a death trap. Even I find it so improbable that close to 10k people can be killed in 3 weeks. This seems close to the number of civilian casualties in the country that is being invaded. Almost like these fools marched straight into a 10 foot ditch and got buried there :pop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom