What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do YOU believe that a free state have the right and freedom of association? Of course you do. That is the high level. Assuming what you said about Poutine fearing the encroachment of NATO, that is the one level down, the realpolitik level. Ukraine did not violate anything of Russia. It was Poutine who feared, which is something self generated, and invaded Ukraine. So now each of us have to take a stand. Do we take the moral high road? Or do we allow realpolitik to dominate foreign affairs? Might as well say something like this: Your skirt is too short and you wear too much makeup so you deserved to be raped.
First of all why do you call him "Poutine"?
It sounds like a French word.

Second,since you talk about realpolitiks,
the pro-Russian government of Yanukovich was toppled by riots of ultranationalist and pro-Western political parties and organizations.

There's no moral high ground in the West's fanatical anti-Russian policies and encouraging of Ukraine to take on Russia even before the war started.
You could have made it clear and agreed with Russia that Ukraine should be a neutral country and solve this.

Ukraine is also getting an additional $200M in weapons currently to equal $1B total.

The US has also allocated an additional $2.5B in future weapon packages

He's a reporter for the Kiev Independent
He’s actually a former azov fighter but I like some of his tweets, very informative about the realities on the ground.

Lol Your overpriced shiity drone is so bad that even your step dad UK can't afford more than 10. Pathetic
-1x-1.png
Pakistan did buy a couple of scan eagle drones in 2016, if I remember correctly they are in use by Pakistan Navy and Anti Narcotics Force.

So basically, you are afraid of taking a stand on this issue. I have no problem: What Mearsheimer said is true, but true in reality does not make morally acceptable, so for me, I refuse to legitimize Mearsheimer's position as a valid justification for great powers to act in their interests.

That was not too difficult. Not sure why it was for you.

Apples and oranges.

It's not my intention to take a stand as to what is morally correct or not.

Don't try your obfuscation with me.

And thanks for making my point.

Yes, what Mearsheimer said IS true.

Apples and oranges.

It's not my intention to take a stand as to what is morally correct or not.

Don't try your obfuscation with me.

And thanks for making my point.

Yes, what Mearsheimer said IS true.
This means from now on, from YOUR position, YOU have no cause to criticize US because you essentially accept Mearsheimer's position as legitimate casus belli for war. Every time YOU criticize US, I will point you to Mearsheimer.

First of all why do you call him "Poutine"?
It sounds like a French word.
Poutine is a Canadian dish. Pretty good comfort food. I like it.

Second,since you talk about realpolitiks,
the pro-Russian government of Yanukovich was toppled by riots of ultranationalist and pro-Western political parties and organizations.
The Ukrainians disagrees with you on this. You can look it up for yourself.

There's no moral high ground in the West's fanatical anti-Russian policies and encouraging of Ukraine to take on Russia even before the war started.
You could have made it clear and agreed with Russia that Ukraine should be a neutral country and solve this.
My position is that Ukraine have the INHERENT right and freedom of association. Same as any free state does.

This means from now on, from YOUR position, YOU have no cause to criticize US because you essentially accept Mearsheimer's position as legitimate casus belli for war. Every time YOU criticize US, I will point you to Mearsheimer.
"Whoever is not with us is against us" like Bush said?

The Ukrainians disagrees with you on this. You can look it up for yourself.
Not all the Ukrainians. A very big part of them didn't want the government to change. Millions voted for Yanukovich.

My position is that Ukraine have the INHERENT right and freedom of association. Same as any free state does.
Well then Cuba had the INHERENT RIGHT AND FREEDOM TO INSTALL SOVIET NUCLEAR MISSILES next to Florida. How's that?

You guys can stop trying to salvage face for Poutine. Even if there is a negotiated settlement where Ukraine declared neutrality, Ukraine won. Poutine will remain in power but will be despised worldwide. More news about the war will creep into Russia and more Russians will want Poutine out. Russia's economy will take yrs to recover. The Russian military will no longer be considered a 'near peer' to the US and will continue to decline.

Oh my God, can you please, please, PLEASE shut the **** up and stop derailing this thread.

F22 raptor is bad enough with his spam, you are even worse. You contribute absolutely nothing here. At least f22 is on topic.

@LeGenD can you thread ban this moron already?
Bad enough it was already but Tai Hai Chen has also entered the chat.

God help us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom