What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big question in my mind is why Russia hasn't sent in Special Forces? They've sent in conscripts and Chechen militia. But I know Russians have better trained and equipped troops.

One word... Escalation!

Russians are hedging.
They are expecting this to escalate.
The assumption is a false flag or something hatched in one of the bordering NATO states, which triggers article 5.

If it doesn't happen, it doesn't matter!

Keep your eyes taped open...

Gentle compared to what they could do, try to understand context.

What's with this hypocrisy about morals? When I brought up Ukrainian nazification you retorted with "what about Russian nazis"
So what if I said "What about the hospitals bombed in Afghanistan"? I'm confused as to where your morals lie.
Russians are doing whatever they can in Ukraine but they are suffering heavy losses - they are loosing tanks and artillery pieces in ongoing clashes. They are unable to bomb Ukrainians with impunity like they could in Syria. They are up against a foe which can fight back this time. Understand the difference.

Even Ukraine does not have much of an army to begin with. If Russia were to fight a technologically advanced and well-armed country like UK, Russia will suffer DEFEAT. Reality check.

Neo-Nazi Far-right groups exist in several countries including Russia. In case of Ukraine, entire country is being victimized for the Azov Group?

A Pew Research Center survey from 2018 found that Ukraine is the most accepting nation in Central and Eastern European countries for Jews. White nationalism does exist in Ukraine, but not to the extent that Vladimir Putin appeared to imply – and certainly not enough to justify a full-scale invasion that has killed thousands of soldiers and innocent people.

I have mentioned before that Bombing hospitals is NOT OK - no country should do this. My morals are fine. Thank you.

Ukraine should have the means to strike few missiles at Russia. They are fighting in their backyard, though they are able to hit Ruskies there but the damage should have happen in Russia to make them understand what a war looks like. They should not be the one suffering alone in this war.

Ukraine should have the means to strike few missiles at Russia. They are fighting in their backyard, though they are able to hit Ruskies there but the damage should have happen in Russia to make them understand what a war looks like. They should not be the one suffering alone in this war.
A few missiles in Russia, Russian public sentiment and opinions on this war will no longer be divided, what a smart move. Russia might want to shoot some missiles to Russia themselves now, better killing some Russian civilians too. So dumb.

Russia buries 18-year-old conscript - its youngest victim of the Ukraine war - as anger grows over Putin sending teenage soldiers as cannon fodder​

Probably not too much anger. He's an ethnic Ukranian.

They have been two different countries for more than 70 years
Is there anyone that recognises this? or just your own view?

Putin is surrounded by imbeciles. The fact they invaded during Rasputitsa just confirms the idiocy.

Really can't understand selecting this timing.

Have Putin not learned anything history ? Not read about Hitler in Russia ? Napoleon in Russia ?

Russian main advantage is not in soldiers . Ukrainians have no less man power on the ground now , and their troops are more familiar with the territory and are 10 time more motivated to fight , because they are protecting their homes and families.

Russia has a huge advantage is in heavy armor , artillery and countless number of planes that they can deploy.

Now this advantage is much reduced cause the armor find it hard to maneuver on anything but roads , and the planes find it harder to see targets cause of clouds.

I wonder who is the genius that came up with that plan.

A reminder from history :

787px-Napoleons_retreat_from_moscow.jpg

Painting : Napoleon retreat from Russia 1812

~

Last edited:
What makes you think Russia will not hit the major bases around the world?
Russia also have such plans and places.
But the truth is that it will not be possible to rehabilitate such areas for hundreds of years not because of Nuclear winter but because of Nuclear fallout, Nuclear winds that will take radiation around, Radiation rain, radiated water and radiated land.
Russians want the world to believe that they can do anything - this is not true.

Russian nuclear forces are composed of different types of ballistic missiles. Many are old designs and not accurate. CEP of relatively new RS-24 (Yars) is poor as well. Russian nuclear force is suitable for strategic military applications - to wipe out cities and other clearly visible targets. Russians cannot wipe out well-prepared American military installations, however.

American nuclear forces are optimized for tactical military applications on the other hand - to wipe out anything of value including military installations and deeply-buried facilities.

There are also classified American military technologies to factor-in. How many Russian ICBMs can they disable without firing a shot? One American military official hinted something to this effect recently.

Your assumption is based on Nuclear Winter hypothesis. Russia will be able to radiate some locations but not every location on Earth in a nuclear war. What you see in Terminator movies is the most likely outcome minus the machines trying to kill every human.

If you want to discuss this matter with me then request Private Conversation or open a new thread. This thread should stay on course.

A few missiles in Russia, Russian public sentiment and opinions on this war will no longer be divided, what a smart move. Russia might want to shoot some missiles to Russia themselves now, better killing some Russian civilians too. So dumb.

Lol so just to keep Russian sentiments and opinions for Ukraine, Ukraine must not do anything. BTW what these sentiments or opinions has done so far ? Does dictator like Putin or XI think of their people feelings before doing anything ? This is efffing war and there must not be only one side seeing the suffering. Ukrainians are dying, they are migrating from their land, their infrastructure is bombed..Do they need think of themselves or perception of Russians ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom