What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) EU also issue a Transaction Ban. Which mean they probably can't buy Russia gas/oil from now on (Will need to check the exemption list)

2.) This is going to be on-going, because you need to guarantee your currency every year, unless the US and EU lifted the sanction, this is going to be ongoing, Russia will not be able to buy USD/GBP/EURO/JPY this year, they will not going to buy them next year unless the sanction is lifted.

3.) That does not mean anything. IT's not like you can force the west to do business with you despite the sanction because you are number 2 largest power. This is why even people in the west find it unbelievable.

And i Can tell you that even now, their everything is crashing, people are lining up in queue on bank, stock market close, bank close. And SWIFT has been taken out means they cannot transfer and receive funding. Russia technically can use CIPS but it's 80 institution vs 11,000 in SWIFT. Go Figure....

But these sanctions will help the CIPS and System for Transfer of Financial Messages (SPFS) to add more institutions. Especially, anyone who wants to buy Russian products will have to sign up on the SPFS without the US dollar be in the middle. In the long-run, these sanctions will be a blessing-in-disguise for the Russians.

Guess why Russia has been hoarding gold in the last few years. :)
Again, how do you think you can trade gold worldwide?? You either physically mail that gold coin or bar. Oh, I know, how about a system where you get a piece of paper saying your gold worth X amount of money and exchange that paper to the other side and that side claim that X Amount of money? Umm, this sounded like something oddly familiar.

Oh Oh Oh, maybe a computer system that said you have X amount of gold in a thing called "Account" and then you electronically transfer that amount to another "account" and you complete the transaction that way? Let's call it telegraphic Transfer?

He is just stuck his head in the sand. :)
What? Are you saying US is Russia and Mexico is Ukraine?

I am SHOCK. SHOCK!! I tell you.

But then what Grenada and Panama stand for? Are they Ukraine? US? or Russia

(In case you did not get my joke)

Again, how do you think you can trade gold worldwide?? You either physically mail that gold coin or bar. Oh, I know, how about a system where you get a piece of paper saying your gold worth X amount of money and exchange that paper to the other side and that side claim that X Amount of money? Umm, this sounded like something oddly familiar.

Oh Oh Oh, maybe a computer system that said you have X amount of gold in a thing called "Account" and then you electronically transfer that amount to another "account" and you complete the transaction that way? Let's call it telegraphic Transfer?
You do know that there are rail links between Russia and China, don't you?

But these sanctions will help the CIPS and System for Transfer of Financial Messages (SPFS) to add more institutions. Especially, anyone who wants to buy Russian products will have to sign up on the SPFS without the US dollar be in the middle. In the long-run, these sanctions will be a blessing-in-disguise for the Russians.
Well, doubt it, CIPS only have 80 Bank using it, versus 11,000 bank using SWIFT.

Would Russia focus on CIPS changes anything?

You do know that there are rail links between Russia and China, don't you?
How about Africa? If the Russia want more gold, banana or monkey? Are there rail link between Russia and Africa?

Oh maybe they shouldn't trade with Africa at all then? Or Indonesia? Or Cuba? Or Brazil? Or Venezuela? Are there any Russia to Whatever rail link between those country?

But we are not talking about the same Current incident.......

One is Ukraine at war with Russia, the other is US at war with Mexico......
I understand. Since Mexico scenario is hypothetical at this point so the best we can do is to see how US dealt with similar situations in the past and project it to a current (or future) hypothetical scenario.

I understand. Since Mexico scenario is hypothetical at this point so the best we can do is to see how US dealt with similar situations in the past and project it to a current (or future) hypothetical scenario.
Similar is not the same. That was the idea.

Also Neither Grenada and Panama are close to US like Ukraine is close to Russia, it cannot be compared.

There are ships and planes. Do I have to teach you all the modes of transportation?
So everytime you need to buy something form Africa, you take a ship and plane and buy it and pay gold and come back, and the next time you want to buy banana, you sail or fly to Africa again, pay gold and comeback?

Are you saying you want to do that?

That must be ONE HELL OF EXPENSIVE BANANA>........<

Do I have to basic principal of how TRADING work? You want to buy low, sell high.....Not the cost of the trip is 10000 times the banana......

Is marriage to other races the only criteria to judge racism lol ?

I think genocide , slavery and other systemic discrimination are a better metrics to judge hatred and racism.

That lady's rejection of a black male cannot be compared to historical and current brutalities faced by blacks in white countries. Just because few white women married black man doesn't mean you are better.
OK if you really belive that. Let's get back to topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom