What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is pushing for narrative. This has been discussed that what Russia believe, Putin said and what media reported. Only a fool will exaggerate anything. You said they sent helmets and I said they can only do so. There was only one news on Twitter about that.

Indeed, Russia openly warned everyone and Ukraine precisely to avoid this NATO adventure. Have you read all the posts in this thread? Go back and read as exactly this is what being discussed. Then came different points after Putin several statements.

You are merely misunderstanding things and may be, seeing incorrectly. PM was in Russia and returned if it had to do with anything about Ukraine or TFX etc. Calm down. Pakistan has no role or side in this conflict.
Pakistan having no role or side is one thing.... Having stake is totally another... I'm trying to discuss that in particular. There will be implications of Invasion on Ukraine.... And from what it seems upto now Russians are going all in.... Let alone upgrading our previous fleet.. I'm worried about the upkeep of those Ukrainian engines... As far as I know we can't even rebuild pistons.... Let's hope for the best though...

An Indian (I’m assuming) journalist asked Biden at today’s press conference where India stands via a vi being fully on board with the US stance on Russia and Biden responded as he clutched his binder “we are in consultation with India today, we haven’t resolved that completely”

Which to me indicates India trying to have it both ways. The Indian journalist interjected India more prominently into this crisis (to India’s determent) A real test of the Quad.

Got to love Indian egos getting them into trouble.

Ukrainian counter offensive or a minor action by just local troops?

Saw the presser live.

Let me tell you, there are some real questions being asked about India behind closed door.

Did Russia achieve its objectives when they invaded Afghanistan during the 80s?

USSR took 10 years to learn while USA/NATO took 20 years to learn - see that was the difference in achievements of objectives :D

The US has a carrier group in the Med, with a dozen cruiser/destroyers. That's 1,200 Vertical Launch Cells.

Also an SSGN with 154 Tomahawks. And a s*** ton of fighters and bombers in Europe.

The US would roll Russia. Its why Russia doesn't touch the Baltics.

This is like "We will take actions if Russia touches Ukraine. Le Ukraine is having a bloodbath and US mighty power stays come to Baltic.

Putin said that "Those who intervene will face consequence like never in history" and this was the first marker being set and none dares to touch except for statements and sanctions.

Colonel Douglas McGregor

COL. DOUGLAS MACGREGOR: (...)The first thing we have to do is acknowledge that Putin's basic point, not just his point, the Russian government’s point, which they’ve made for 25 years, is valid. They don’t want U.S. forces and missiles and NATO troops immediately across the border in eastern Ukraine. Absolutely. We didn’t want them in Cuba, he doesn’t want them in eastern Ukraine. We should acknowledge that. Stop pretending it’s a nonissue. It is a major issue for them. Let’s acknowledge it and then let’s get down to business and tell them fine, our concern at this point is we don’t want you to proceed west towards the polish border over the Dnieper River in Ukraine."

This is like "We will take actions if Russia touches Ukraine. Le Ukraine is having a bloodbath and US mighty power stays come to Baltic.

Putin said that "Those who intervene will face consequence like never in history" and this was the first marker being set and none dares to touch except for statements and sanctions.

I'm talking about capability, not geopolitics.

I'm just saying the US has the capability to fire huge amounts of precision guided munitions on Russian targets and within minutes. The US also has ridiculous battlespace awareness and targeting capability.

Will somebody explain the end game?

So Russia will be running a country of 50 million Ukrainians who hate them with years of counter insurgency?

Some one tell me because I don't understand. :stop:

--Russia will conquer Ukraine and stabilize it.
--They will install a pro-Russia president
--The new ruler will sign a bunch of agreements with Russia
------Ukraine will never join NATO
------Russians in Ukraine will be protected
-----Some Russian majority territories may become semi-autonomous
-----Recognize Crimea as part of Russia
--After that Russian forces will withdraw, apart from some for training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom