What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Poland called the US bluff. noone has the courage to deliver the jets.
Think The Ukrainian said they are going to Poland to pick it up.

But the thing is, any fighter flew from NATO country to Ukraine may trigger Russian response. (Whether or not they will attack Poland or Germany or anyone is another question) So the aircraft would most likely to be delivered in truck and assemble in Ukraine.

That is probably why they are headed to Germany, I don't think Poland have the facilities to take down the plane.

Well he can bring in the TU-160s.
That's still the same, as they are already engaging Civilian Area. You cannot destroy a Civic center twice....

Last edited:
Desert Storm don't count? Russian tactics? Massive SAMs?
Vietnam is the appropriate comparison since they used a full Russian system. Iraq had French data networks.

Vietnam shot down 3700+ fixed wing planes over 10 years. 3 planes a day.

Vietnam is the appropriate comparison since they used a full Russian system. Iraq had French data networks.

Vietnam shot down 3700+ fixed wing planes over 10 years. 3 planes a day.
Losing 75 aircraft is nothing to sneeze at either during Desert Storm.

Let's take a looky at Syria...
I know, I am not discussing how Russia will be able to do it, I am saying the end result is the same.

City centre will be destroyed whether or not they send in Tu-95 or Tu-160 or just by Grad and 155 howitzer. Saying they will destroy them faster or more throughout does not alter the cards that's are already on the table.

Losing 75 aircraft is nothing to sneeze at either during Desert Storm.
OK. Let's compare. Desert Storm air campaign was 1 week, 75 coalition planes lost. 52 fixed wing, 23 helicopters.

This is week 2 of Russian campaign. Ukraine claims 44 fixed wing and 48 helicopters downed.

So Russia is losing less fixed wing planes per week and equal helicopters per week compared to US led coalition did in Desert Storm by Ukrainian claims.

RU-losses-Internews-Ukraine-240x300.png

No
All told, the U.S. Air Force flew 5.25 million sorties over South Vietnam, North Vietnam, northern and southern Laos, and Cambodia, losing 2,251 aircraft: 1,737 to hostile action, and 514 in accidents. 2,197 of the losses were fixed-wing, and the remainder rotary-wing
See line 4 of your link:
In total, the United States military lost in Vietnam almost 10,000 aircraft, helicopters and UAVs (3,744 planes,[3] 5,607 helicopters[2] and 578 UAVs[1] ).

Think The Ukrainian said they are going to Poland to pick it up.

But the thing is, any fighter flew from NATO country to Ukraine may trigger Russian response. (Whether or not they will attack Poland or Germany or anyone is another question) So the aircraft would most likely to be delivered in truck and assemble in Ukraine.

That is probably why they are headed to Germany, I don't think Poland have the facilities to take down the plane.

That's still the same, as they are already engaging Civilian Area. You cannot destroy a Civic center twice....
I was also thinking that the aircrafts have to be disassembled and reassembled. But what is the practical feasibility for this in such a war? In a week from now, Russia could have air dominance and seize all run ways. Would the Ukranians be able to put the aircraft together by themselves before the Russians can pummel them? Would they even know how to do it? This is not IKEA furniture afterall :undecided:

OK. Let's compare. Desert Storm air campaign was 1 week, 75 coalition planes lost. 52 fixed wing, 23 helicopters.

This is week 2 of Russian campaign. Ukraine claims 44 fixed wing and 48 helicopters downed.

So Russia is losing less fixed wing planes per week and equal helicopters per week compared to US led coalition did in Desert Storm by Ukrainian claims.

RU-losses-Internews-Ukraine-240x300.png
Have you not seen how formidable Iraq's SAMs and other air defense systems were?

You don't see this crap in Ukraine.
AP_9101180447.jpg

Covert Cabals take on the Russian campaign so far

Have you not seen how formidable Iraq's SAMs and other air defense systems were?

You don't see this crap in Ukraine.
AP_9101180447.jpg
That's anti air gun tracer rounds. After rocket motor flameout I don't think you can see a SAM anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom