What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the operation has stalled on the East and South. It was expected the rebels on the east would make great advances. Kiev is nearly surrounded.

2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine.svg (4).png

How the Russians feel about losing McDonalds
I’m trying to wrap my head ans figure out what Russia’s long term in this. They’ve been cut off from the world completely so what will they do when they capture Ukraine and succeed installing a Russian friendly government? How are they going to convince the world to lift sanctions?

Mongols like to surround a city or army and give them one way out. When they take that one way out they kill them while they are running away rather than fighting like cornered beats. Russia likes this strategy as well.

The de-facto leaders of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have declined to arrange calls with US president Joe Biden in recent weeks as the US and it allies have sought to contain a surge in energy prices caused by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

According to the Wall Street Journal, citing Middle East and US officials, both Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and the UAE’s Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan have been unavailable to Biden after US requests were made for discussions.

“There was some expectation of a phone call, but it didn’t happen,“ a US official said of a plan for Saudi Prince Mohammed and Biden to speak. “It was part of turning on the spigot [of Saudi oil].”

Not sure if it would be a problem. Russians supply the jets during Korean and Vietnam War as well as SAMs.

Soviet Union provided SAMs and fighter jets to North Vietnam govt, while the US supported the South Vietnam. So both powers were propping up different entities in Vietnam; however, the conflict wasn't an existential threat to either US or Soviet Union. Russia views the NATO involvement in Ukraine as an existential threat. Therefore, any escalation from NATO side in Russia - Ukraine conflict has the potential of triggering an Armageddon.

ever crossed your mind that may be they want to save the runway for their own use in the near future?
No. The craters indicate the attack was runway denial. Two on the flightline ramp. Two on the taxiway. Two on the runway. The attack failed.

The de-facto leaders of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have declined to arrange calls with US president Joe Biden in recent weeks as the US and it allies have sought to contain a surge in energy prices caused by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

According to the Wall Street Journal, citing Middle East and US officials, both Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and the UAE’s Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan have been unavailable to Biden after US requests were made for discussions.

“There was some expectation of a phone call, but it didn’t happen,“ a US official said of a plan for Saudi Prince Mohammed and Biden to speak. “It was part of turning on the spigot [of Saudi oil].”

They should beg Iran …. Suits them .

I’m trying to wrap my head ans figure out what Russia’s long term in this. They’ve been cut off from the world completely so what will they do when they capture Ukraine and succeed installing a Russian friendly government? How are they going to convince the world to lift sanctions?

I think Putin called west bluff thinking it would be giving up to him, what I think caught Russia Washington London by surprise is Ukrainian fierce resistance caught them all out. did USA not offer Ukraine Pm a helicopter ride out he declined it demanding guns and arms. I don’t honestly west cares before now probably thru real security threats they’ve hit Putin with sanctions on everyone every thing that is connected to Russia. No puppet government from Moscow will ever be able to survive in Ukraine with 44 million people against it. Neither will Putins Russia diplomatically and economically now frozen with sanctions move on looks like a stalemate to me for all of sides. only hope is for the Russians to deal with Putin when there living standards falls pre communism time and that is not that far off. he’s wrecked his country ignore his cheer leaders on here. Ukraine have successfully made the world recognised them as a sovereign state something that has never happened before all thanks to Putins miscalculation

Apples and watermelons..In 1991, most allied fighters had chaff and flare for self defense, no self protection suite, no towed decoy , no missile approach warning..

The Iraqis had hundreds of batteries of Russian and European SAMS - Ukraine does not. In 1991 Iraq had IADS on a fiber optic backbone, Ukraine does not.

Ukraine had countless S-300s. The Iraqis didn't have such weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom