What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take from week 2 of warfare on armour, and equipment: light SPGs are still no less deadly for armour as they were in WW2.

People saying that light artillery was dead in 21st century got their dish served.

122mm provides complete carnage on both sides. Any stationary piece of armour is gone within minutes after spotters gets their eyes on it, and today we have DJI drones acting as them.

122mm roof hit is still fully capable of killing any MBT today. Ammo is plentiful, rate of fire is double that of 155mm, no fancy electronics needed.

How easy is to hit a stationary tank with a 122mm piece of artillery? I would not think its very easy.

To put this war into perspective. USSR invasion of Hungary in the 1950's took about 7 days. with very few casualties.

USSR invasion of Czeckoslovakia too 2 or so days and the lost a handful of troops. The main airport was taken within an hour before the war even started.

Crimea was taken without a shot being fired almost.

Did Putin really think this would go the same way? Could be. Did he think 200k troops could do the job, clearly he did.

Germany needed 3.5 million troops to take France and they only even conquered half of it. Ukraine is huge.

Could this be the biggest military blunder? could definitely be.

BTW you are named after a psychpathic butcher and the second most prolific serial rapist after Genghis Khan.
1646674899393.jpeg

As I've said, Russia doesn't have the forces to occupy Kiev.

Wth, if Iraqis had a fraction of what is available to the Ukrainians, there wouldn't have been the occupation of Iraq. You can't even compare the two. Mosul alone took the arial and ground attacks of 80 countries against roughly 4,000 ISIS fighters, and it took them a whole year to turn the city into a rubble. Meanwhile 👇

Can someone remind me how many Refugees UK and US have taken? And that too without Visa?

They were the loudest of all to throw fuel on fire, as also mentioned by Chinese FM.

Right now, Poland has taken close to a million and Germany 50K+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom